1st time grower

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
You shouldn’t have to “try” to get ur plants to flower. They do it naturally.

Did U flip the lights to 12/12?
How far are your lights away from the tops?
What type of lights are you using and how many watts ?
How many days flowering now ?
Do you see buds developing?
How’s the newer growth look ?

Lowers will droop from time to time. Usually by flowering I’ve lolipopped her so the lower 3rd is no longer there. Have you defoliated them at all ?

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Yep, we need more info. 👆🏻Like he said.

Plants won’t flower until they are sexually mature, usually around 5 or 6 weeks old. So that may be your issue if you’re growing at 12/12 from seed.

Do let us know more specifics about your grow and we will definitely be able to help you harvest the best shit you’ve ever had.

still_mikigan

@Artisan_tek and @Old ST1R

yes i've flipped to 12/12
lights are roughly 18 inches away
Bloomspect 600w led
16 days in flower
i don't see development yet
newer growth was a healthy green.
The plants are between 10-12 weeks old

I did some very mild defoliating but i think i'll get rid of the lower 3rd as you mentioned.

Also.... i think i'm now dealing with so heat stress due to my a/c in my apartment breaking....

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
@Artisan_tek and @Old ST1R

yes i've flipped to 12/12
lights are roughly 18 inches away
Bloomspect 600w led
16 days in flower
i don't see development yet
newer growth was a healthy green.
The plants are between 10-12 weeks old

I did some very mild defoliating but i think i'll get rid of the lower 3rd as you mentioned.

Also.... i think i'm now dealing with so heat stress due to my a/c in my apartment breaking....
Sounds like their old enough to flower. Did u see preflowers before you flipped?

I’d check and make sure everything was light tight. If there getting light during their dark period it could cause them not to flower properly.

I was just dealing with heat stress the last week or so. Finally got a low watt ac put in. As long as their not over 88 to 90 degrees they should be ok until you can grab another one.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The environment is one of the things that needs to be "within parameters" or all kinds of weird stuff can happen.

Read. A lot! This ain't like growing any other plant you have ever grown. Just starting out the primary things people usually have issues with are the pH of the water, using too much or too little water, the environment and/or over-feeding.

Keep track of everything you do to the plants until you get in the groove. It'll help you be able to figure out what went sideways, or have the info to let others help figure it out.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Also - pictures! They can show us things you might miss, or just not know to tell about.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
People on here can help get you hooked up with quality seeds, and basically help you grow them if you are willing to get that into it.

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
ding ding ding
this is true but he said "now" as in the heat problem just started. He said hes had them on 12/12 for 16 days now. He should have some pistills bunching up at least. Unless he has a couple males and doesnt realize it yet. only other thing i can think of is their dark period isnt dark and the plant is getting more than 14 hours of light keeping it from flowering.

by 16 days in you should of deff seen some changes

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
this is true but he said "now" as in the heat problem just started. He said hes had them on 12/12 for 16 days now. He should have some pistills bunching up at least. Unless he has a couple males and doesnt realize it yet. only other thing i can think of is their dark period isnt dark and the plant is getting more than 14 hours of light keeping it from flowering.

by 16 days in you should of deff seen some changes
Could also be auto's. I have heard of people having to really jump-start some of them (like 10/14) to get them to flower when they failed to do it on their own.

Just need more info or a pic to get the ball rolling.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
plants were healthy up to 1-1.5 weeks ago. Up to then i would give them one heavy water per week and mist them daily
A few questions to get some info that might help.

Do you have them in a tent or closet, or something light proof?
Do you have fans on them?
What kind of medium are they in? If soil, what kind.
What are you watering them with? Do you know the pH?
What are you feeding them and how often?

Stuff like that.

still_mikigan

@H.A.F.
i have a closet
2 small clip fans and bought a rotating fan 2 days ago(amazon just dropped off a small a/c this morn)
my soil is a mix of: fox farms, malibu compost, worm castings, flower mix, azamite, & fish bone meal
water distilled water with seaweed extract, urb - ph 6.7
heavy water once a week, gentle mist daily

first week of trying to flower i watered with seaweed extract, urb, & molasses