Your Moniker

Weedkiller

Dazed and confused
Mine i made up in my early teens back when aol was about the only service provider. Iirr, it was only the second email address id had. I was into bmx bikes at the time and i must've thought i was going to ride street and become a pro. 09 was/is one of my lucky numbers and maybe my favorite childhood age?
I pictured you as racing cars myself, I wanted a red line or a mongoose sooo bad when I was a kid, they had just come out. I got a huffy thunder road instead. I believe I cried lol

SquishY

I pictured you as racing cars myself, I wanted a red line or a mongoose sooo bad when I was a kid, they had just come out. I got a huffy thunder road instead. I believe I cried lol
In grade school a classmate got an all chrome redline that was freewheel and had foot pegs on the back for passengers. When i asked for a bike Dad took me to the rubbish dump to scavange mine. I could have got a huffy with the flag and bannana seat but I chose a schwinn instead. He taught me how to make cake from crap.

Streetpro09

Tester
Well that came as i got older. Never had a dedicated race car. Just my daily. I eventually learned that it's better to have a toy to beat on and abuse so that when it's broke i could still get to work and make some money to fix it. Never had enough money to play with the big boys at the drag strip. No real skill involved just whoever can afford the biggest/best.... That's probably the main reason i got into dirt biking. 🤘

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
In grade school a classmate got an all chrome redline that was freewheel and had foot pegs on the back for passengers. When i asked for a bike Dad took me to the rubbish dump to scavange mine. I could have got a huffy with the flag and bannana seat but I chose a schwinn instead. He taught me how to make cake from crap.
Never had a new bike, all of mine came from the dump.
My dad could straighten anything!

Streetpro09

Tester
Not to rub it in but you made me remember my old redline that was very similar to this. (Internet picture) Ended up giving it to one of my old college roommates when i graduated.

The more i look at this picture, really just the main frame is what i remember being similar.

1718494223460.png

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
I'll look for the Pic, mine was dad's interpretation as well lol,if you zoom in you can see he wrote thunder road on it
View attachment 137873
I must have been 11 or 12 when the Stingray came out.
Was out of the question for me to get one of those.
When I had a 24" heavy framed bike with longhorn handle bars!
With custom rattle can flat black paint job and newly blue jean upholster seat!
Couldn't do a wheely worth a shit, thing musta weighed 50 lbs....:ROFLMAO:

Weedkiller

Dazed and confused
I think I liked my old scwin with the banana seat and sissy bar. We built so many Frankenstein bike it's insane..my buddy had the one with a 3 speed speed on the ball breaker and a little wheel on front,it was awesome lol..playing zeppelin and foreigner on the big mouth 8 track..those were the days