Wuzzup weed scientists!

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Watching a podcast and the attached .pdf (which has nothing to do with weed) came up in the talk. I know that I am constantly trying new things like most of us, and this is just a refresher on the scientific process to make sure you are learning what you think you are learning from what you are experimenting with.

Also good for trying to weed through some bullshit claims made by people that want to sell stuff to you.

Attachments

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Good info. I'll have to sit down and read it thoroughly a little later. I personally prefer pictures for simplicity sake.

View attachment 96352
Yeah, it's nothing new or mind-blowing, just a refresher of some high school science class stuff.

Like, "I fed Big Bloom and the plants loved it!" but you also added water - which we all know they love. Without a control it means nothing, and for us that control almost has to be clonal so that individual pheno's within a cultivar don't come into play.

Streetpro09

Tester
Yeah, it's nothing new or mind-blowing, just a refresher of some high school science class stuff.

Like, "I fed Big Bloom and the plants loved it!" but you also added water - which we all know they love. Without a control it means nothing, and for us that control almost has to be clonal so that individual pheno's within a cultivar don't come into play.
Definitely high school level but very useful when trying to determine if something is truly better or not.

It's amazing to me how many people hated science/school and now they are running around trying to tell people the best way to grow because they had one run make it through flower. 🙃

Most people forget the control group so they have nothing to compare to. Or their control group was 2 or 3 runs ago and they're going by memory instead of a side by side comparison. Idk gotta be careful who you're taking "bro science" from. Not everyone wants to be a scientist they just wanna be popular. 😉

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Or their control group was 2 or 3 runs ago and they're going by memory instead of a side by side comparison.
The side by side would have to also be at the same time/season if indoors, in the same environment, in the same starting soil, clones from the same mom, etc.

Streetpro09

Tester
The side by side would have to also be at the same time/season if indoors, in the same environment, in the same starting soil, clones from the same mom, etc.

For sure! Unfortunately, from my interactions, most people can't comprehend all of that at once but they are still trying to give advice about growing. That's why i say, watch who you take advice from or "bro science" from. Some people are easily excitable and love to tell others how smart they are. 😉

Fyi: I'm not implying that's you by any means.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
For sure! Unfortunately, from my interactions, most people can't comprehend all of that at once but they are still trying to give advice about growing. That's why i say, watch who you take advice from or "bro science" from. Some people are easily excitable and love to tell others how smart they are. 😉

Fyi: I'm not implying that's you by any means.
I think the first test of the legitimacy of any idea is profit. If they are trying to sell me a system - I don't trust them. Whether it's hits on a monetized youtube site, or buying a book about it, or selling me the actual product. It doesn't mean it's not good, just that I don't care what they say about how good it is. BUT - If I decide by other means that it's something I want to use, they they are the people I would trust to tell me how they use it.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Dragonfly Earth Medicine is a great example of a quandry. They have all natural teas ready to brew. Different combinations of this and that for different stages of plant growth.

They also tell you exactly what is in them and at what percentage so that you can make your own!!!

You woulld have to individually source items that aren't readily available or are expensive in small quantities, so their product seems economically the best option when you see all they put in it. No way you could make a batch of that without a lot of expense and hassle.
1627056772231.png
But here's the rub - I see a few things on there that are known to benefit weed like kelp, humic acid and such. All of the rest looks like it could be bullshit from their yard that won't hurt, and serves the purpose of making thier product unique. And anyone using it and getting benefits from it can't prove it didn't come from the common items, and the water...