Wiring a digital voltmeter/ampmeter

Buddha61

Really Active Member
Yes, assuming it is something similar to the Bayite meter on Amazon, it is just wired on the DC side, between the driver and the boards. THere will be DC in lines and lines for the load (going to he boards).

TrichsRus

Yes, it's just like that one. I have 2 sets of wires(+ & -) coming off of my 600 watt meanwell. I only have 1 + & - on my meter, not counting the input.

Buddha61

Really Active Member
Forgot the dual output of them. I am curious to what others say, but I would imagine if you are using both output leads, you may need to wire a meter to each, as the current is going to be split between the outputs.

Oreguhnism

Really Active Member
Will those bayite meters work if you're running 270v dc at 1750ma most of em say 6.5-100v
This type will. Also does 100 Amps! ps....external shunt may be needed for the ammeter....

Oreguhnism

Really Active Member
If itmd
Ok yea im looking for one for the dc side was wandering if the ones that say 0-100v would work because its still within the amperage range the only one I can find that goes to 300 takes forever to ship. This one https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B074PW1SSW/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?smid=A37KPNKBGRS4SX&psc=1
If the meter doesnt have a voltage regulator of some kind it could blow it, if your trying to put 275v into a 100v, so dont hook up the voltage, but hooking up the wire to the ammeter is possible.
The little plastic units come as a voltmeter and ammeter with two seperate pigtails on the back. Voltmeter has two and current meter has three wires.

That 300v you linked is really nice, with built in shunt.Too bad shipping doubles the price almost.