Why no auto?

An account upgrade is required to view more posts.

Weedkiller

Master Grower
I started out on photos years ago and avoided autos due to a bad rep. I've since learned autos have a place in the tent as well. If you've run mephisto or mosca,Mosca, I was very surprised and now I can veg and flower in the same space and have variety. Just saying. :p:unsure:

• Fire
Reactions: 2 users

H.A.F.

The Dude
I started out on photos years ago and avoided autos due to a bad rep. I've since learned autos have a place in the tent as well. If you've run mephisto or mosca,Mosca, I was very surprised and now I can veg and flower in the same space and have variety. Just saying. :p:unsure:
I got a ChemD auto as a freebie from Ethos, and was gifted some Zkittles autos. Both produced great weed. I think as the industry progresses people are figgerin' shit out.

Main issue for me is that they can't be run like a regular plant or they turn out mediocre. They need 18/6 veg light or longer from start to finish, and if you miss up-potting you stunt them.

So you run them in your continuous veg area so you don't have to change anything and they do fine - and are taller than everything you intended the veg area for and all your babies have to be on shelves or something.

So for me they are a novelty. I can see it being a must for the Pacific Northwest outdoor growers to get a harvest in before the rain and fog early fall, or Alaska where they won't get a 12/12 light cycle at all. But for a tent they are a bitch unless that's all you grow - then your electric bill is covering the added expense of running them instead of 12/12 plants.

• Fire
Reactions: 5 users

TreeFarmerCharlie

ASSHOLE ON A GREEN BANNER
Staff member
I personally like photo periods because I like to have full control over the grow cycle. I will also admit that I've only tried a few autos and I stunted every one of them. I know that is totally on me, though, and not autoflowers.

Reactions: 5 users