Why does my weed dry brown??

Waxman420

I've been growing some of the best weed I've ever smoked in 20 years but I just am wondering peoples opinion on why weed dries brown and some green . I know most will brownout if jarred for 6 months. Check out my eagle scout(1st 2) and cookies and cream. 20191030_161240.jpg

Attachments

Vee

Ancient Member
next grow use the water cure as an experiment

simply lower some fresh harvest weed to a bucket of tepid water keep submerged for 4 days

changing water daily on the 3rd? day you will note the green

and stinky smell is easier to remove in water than air

after 4 days hang and dry like sox

also later when toking the smell of burnt weed is less noticable

good luck

ps avoid cold water as it will shock off the trics

Waxman420

Tried water cure once . I left a half a plant in cornfield wedged in between stalk and cob overnight. there was a huge storm it was soaked 2 days later I found it and dried it . It was some of the smoothest smoke but just had a generic taste. Not for me I love my terps.

I dry whole plant hang as close to 60f 60 % as I can get it , usually averages out to 65f 55%

Also I try fir that 1 shot deal. I mean put in jars and not take it out again . Too many Crystal's get knocked off when u fuck around.

Just asking as a friend I smoked my cnc with said it looked like mexican from across the room he didnt know it was mine and I took offence .

I think it's more the heavy crystal phenotypes as they take the longest to dry. Dont get me wrong I love my own weed

Waxman420

Thank you all for the replies I'm finding it very strain dependent . My favorite being indica dom fat sticky colas they just tend to turn on me.
I've since been some outdoor that was dried outdoors and it is very brown not worried so much about the color . My only problem now is growing enough of of my favorites

Artisan_tek

Insanely Active Member
ive heard it said that curing when done perfectly will turn the buds to an almost goldish color. Maybe what your referring to ?

My last batch of Double Cookies has turned a goldish color, and is now about 2 1/2 months into cure.

I dry at 60/60 for 10 days then into the jars they go. at the start the jars will have about 65% rh . I burp over the next week or so to get the rh to 62%.

Once at 62% i leave them jarred for 3 or 4 days checking to make sure the rh stays at 62%. If it continues to rise i burp as needed to get it back down to 62%.

Once @ a stable 62% rh They stay jarred for the next 3 to 4 weeks.

At this point is where i can no longer contain myself and dive headfirst into 1 of the jars :)

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
I cut, removing as much of the mains stems as possible, and toss right into paper shopping bags. Only so much in each bag to line the bottom with one fluffy layer of buds. Roll the top closed, and toss the buds around daily for 2-3 days.

These are ready to jarred and burped daily once they are just starting to get crispy, but not crumbling to dust completely (although, I dont mind that kiefy crumbly shit one bit lol)

Curing, and slower curing does seem to soften the nose on flowers, but does smooth out the smoke some. But I still prefer a faster cure, and a faster cure helps deliver that loud stank in my experience.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Curing, and slower curing does seem to soften the nose on flowers, but does smooth out the smoke some. But I still prefer a faster cure, and a faster cure helps deliver that loud stank in my experience.
I think that using the vacuum sealer during the last bit of drying actually speeds up the curing. When they feel dry to the touch, but you know they aren't dry, the vacuum pulls out that inner moisture. Lets it dry slower - but more thoroughly. It dries a little more every time you burp it and re-vacuum it. The Boveda packs prevent mishap.

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
I cut, removing as much of the mains stems as possible, and toss right into paper shopping bags. Only so much in each bag to line the bottom with one fluffy layer of buds. Roll the top closed, and toss the buds around daily for 2-3 days.
These are ready to jarred and burped daily once they are just starting to get crispy, but not crumbling to dust completely (although, I dont mind that kiefy crumbly shit one bit lol)

Never heard that before. About the faster cure making it louder

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
I think that using the vacuum sealer during the last bit of drying actually speeds up the curing. When they feel dry to the touch, but you know they aren't dry, the vacuum pulls out that inner moisture. Lets it dry slower - but more thoroughly. It dries a little more every time you burp it and re-vacuum it. The Boveda packs prevent mishap.
Never heard that before. About the faster cure making it louder
I think what I meant to say was a faster dry, as in, not jarred too early. Not a faster cure lol. But yeah if I fuss over them too much, they seem to smooth out and mellow out more than I care for. Purple strains also tend to go brown easier/quicker in my experiences.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Using my method with the food-saver, all but my fattest buds are perfectly smokable in about 3 weeks. Definitely safe to put up for long storage at that time without worrying.

I have a little less than a week hanging, about a week vacuuming and burping (more often early on), Then I roll it out of the jars daily for fresh air and re-can it. After a week all they do is tighten up a little more. rH is already set unless they are hoglegs