When to begin flushing

iloveguano

I’ve got a maturing cookie wreck about 5 weeks into flower with clear trichomes. Any word on how long it will take when they begin to turn cloudy? I’ve been giving her a good once over every 2 days for it to begin. What’s the time period between clear to cloudy to Amber trichomes? And when to begin flushing?

Attachments

D

Deleted member 60

You have a good 3 weeks before you need to worry about trichs changing color, IMO. You are nowhere near that point in the grow.

Trichs will change pretty quickly when the bud ripens. If it's an 8 week strain I let em go 8 weeks and then withhold nutes/etc. (aka.."flush") for 7-14 more days. This is when you will see the trichs run the gamut from clear to amber.

Looks very nice BTW. Good luck on the finish

iloveguano

You have a good 3 weeks before you need to worry about trichs changing color, IMO. You are nowhere near that point in the grow.

Trichs will change pretty quickly when the bud ripens. If it's an 8 week strain I let em go 8 weeks and then withhold nutes/etc. (aka.."flush") for 7-14 more days. This is when you will see the trichs run the gamut from clear to amber.

Looks very nice BTW. Good luck on the finish
It’s an 8-10 week flower strain. So let her go for the entire 8 weeks?

iloveguano

Outdoors I’ve always noticed my plants will really tell me the end is near, heavy yellowing in the leaves but the buds look like a teal colour almost from far away, don’t get excited and cut early your doing great so far.

I’m taking pics and blowing them up so I can see the trichomes. Yellowing leaves huh? Ok. It’s an 8-10 week flower strain. I still have a few weeks left in flowering stage but Damn. I don’t want to let it go too long.

D

Deleted member 60

It’s an 8-10 week flower strain. So let her go for the entire 8 weeks?
Most definitely. "Take No Bud Before It's Time" is the credo. The only time it's OK to take anything early is security, mold/mildew, or some nasty pest(ilence) outbreak. The majority of your weight will come in the last 3 weeks....not the first 5....and the terps will intensify if you let your plants run the course.

Chop early...and you just wasted all Summer growing MIDS. You should put it in your head now that you aren't gonna cut this gal down until at least the end of the month...if not later if the weather allows it. 8 solid weeks of growth... and THEN cut off the nutes and just water with plain water until she's truly ready.

The payoff is yet to come. Good luck!