When to add your p & k nutes?

McCheez

Hey all, I’ve got a few girls, city slicker, poly tunnel grow. They are a few weeks out from full flower mode yet, and just now starting to stretch.
When would be a good time to switch over to bloom nutes? Up until now, I’ve only used a little blood meal for nitrogen in promix soil.
Also what you recommend for some good bloom nutes?

Any and all is much appreciated!!
👊

D

Deleted member 60

Are you trying to stay organic or otherwise with your bloom nutes?

A lot of it is personal preference. If I was going organic I'd probably find a product and get it on there ASAP so it can start breaking down/working in conjunction with your N source. I'd be wary about adding more blood meal/slow release nitrogen unless the plants dictate they need an application. (not a luscious green). You can't go back with that stuff and you can't get it to dissipate by flushing it.

If organic isn't a concern...find a decent bottled bloom nute and apply it as directed for where you are in the cycle. What's "good" is also personal preference....as is what formulation you choose. I'd be wary of the super BIG numbers if you haven't had much exposure to such high powered nutes. (the Cha-chings/Bud Explosion/etc) that are like 0-59-39) If you do go there....do one app a few weeks in...and another @ about 5 weeks (IMO)....and that is IT.

And take what I say with a grain of salt....just one crazy man's opinion..... Good luck! Post pics...folks can help you better that way.........

McCheez

Thanks bro! Good thoughts!
Assuming promix is organic, then I suppose I have been organic thus far. I only treated them maybe 3 - 4 times with bone meal, and even a that I did a light sprinkling on top of the soil. I wonder if I removed the top few inches and replaced with regular potting soil it would take care of a lot of that? Maybe not necessary, as they are plenty happy.
I’ll have to do a little research on organic bloom nutes and go front there.
Pics on the way!!

McCheez

This should give y’all a good idea of where
I’m at. Excuse the gardening crap laying around lol.
They were taller than me (I’m over 6’) but I’ve been doing low stress bending the last week or so. I also did some low stress bending early on, then backed off..
Some tiny preflowers have been going on for about a week.