Whats your motivation???

GetOffMyNutes

CBD Yoda
Especially being on this site, I am interested in what you motivates you to make the crosses that you make...Terps, power, color, yield, fame? For me it's all about the high. I look for strains that's match the type of high I'm looking for. I know the high is subject to each individual but there is a general result that hits the medium. I preferably stay away for the super polyhybrids if possible and would lean more into old school or less hybridized strains IF possible. I look for how the two strains can achieve the high I want yet compliment each other and making the hybrid better than they might have been originally. Obviously the ultimate strain would be easy to grow, excellent looks, smell, flavor, massive yields and exquisite high.

I feel hype runs the industry and that leads to alot of issues. The average Joe who is new to the culture needs to be educated before hitting strains based on hype alone. Example, a friend of mine who was basically a non toker, went to Vegas. Hit a dispensary and bought some cookie hybrid strain with about 26% THC. Thinking it was going to really make his day more fun, after a couple hits , he was sick as hell and then had to take a 5 hour nap. Does the average person need 26%THC. Do we really need strains 30% and above? What's your thoughts CP?

I don’t grow for $, so yield and all that Jazz isn’t very important to me. I’m with @Jesselikes2Grow where I am really only interested in flavor, smell, terps etc. and then potency. I don’t chuck, but in a few years when I get around to selecting my prize plants to cross and work with; those categories will be my primary focal points.

Many use cannabis as a medicine and that’s where you get the main desire for higher THC content. I don’t use it for pain mgmt. and therefore would rather smoke tasty 16-20% flower instead of stuff close to 30% with little flavor. But if you have all the above and high thc %, I’m the first in line. Many of the strains I grow/purchase are high 20s. But I use all day, daily, for 15 years.

Like many things it also falls on the user, to do so “responsibly.”

Last edited:

GetOffMyNutes

CBD Yoda
Myself I'm after the flavor, smells, and a decent to awesome potency, in that order.
I know what you mean though, about the %.
I prefer anywhere mid to low 20% and above depending on time of day etc for what I smoke.
My go to stuff is probably high 20's%, and when my cousin was in town 3 hits had him speechless for two hours, and then a 5 hour nap. Lmfao.
He just totally spaced the fuck out. Rofl.
Was way too much for what he was used to back home. Home being North Dakota.
Haha, made me super proud of my girlies!!! Lmfao.
I just want to say I am not trying to impugn anyone's reasons and and what they do. I find it very interesting how people work their own magic. This was just my opinion on what I like.
I will say you power boys are no joke, I envy how much you guys can enjoy and tolerate. I have PTSD and my tolerance levels between wimp and why bother. Lol
My wife on the other hand can keep up with the most seasoned vet. No joke.

SSGrower

Average Grower
Myself I'm after the flavor, smells, and a decent to awesome potency, in that order.
I know what you mean though, about the %.
I prefer anywhere mid to low 20% and above depending on time of day etc for what I smoke.
My go to stuff is probably high 20's%, and when my cousin was in town 3 hits had him speechless for two hours, and then a 5 hour nap. Lmfao.
He just totally spaced the fuck out. Rofl.
Was way too much for what he was used to back home. Home being North Dakota.
Haha, made me super proud of my girlies!!! Lmfao.
Hook cus up with some cuts or beans bro, sheesh.......:rolleyes:
jk

I was thinking of calling my company 2 buck chuck, (pretty sure trader joe wouldnt allow it). Model being 2 bucks a bean, plus postage. Freebies and deals too, cost more to ship than make. The pheno hunting is the fun part why should the customer pay for that?

I am not gonna argue value and what not every individual sets that for themselves, but more than 10 bucks a bean is capitalisim at its worst. Sure it may be necessary because life aint free, freedom aint free.

Eventually bayer will start playing this game they are waiting for the board to be set in their favor before making the big move. That is when chucking will become more necessary than sensimillia.

My $2.02

GetOffMyNutes

CBD Yoda
Hook cus up with some cuts or beans bro, sheesh.......:rolleyes:
jk

I was thinking of calling my company 2 buck chuck, (pretty sure trader joe wouldnt allow it). Model being 2 bucks a bean, plus postage. Freebies and deals too, cost more to ship than make. The pheno hunting is the fun part why should the customer pay for that?

I am not gonna argue value and what not every individual sets that for themselves, but more than 10 bucks a bean is capitalisim at its worst. Sure it may be necessary because life aint free, freedom aint free.

Eventually bayer will start playing this game they are waiting for the board to be set in their favor before making the big move. That is when chucking will become more necessary than sensimillia.

My $2.02
I have no doubts when it becomes federally decriminalized there will be a hostile corporate take over. The black market will rise once again.

D

Deleted member 60

I'm right there with the others on taste and terps....and frost for hash/concentrates. Potencies seem kinda samey for my dinosaur-ish existence. The hash/etc. takes care of that...and there's a taste profile that I really like that only comes from combining good bud and good hash/rosin.

Haven't done any S-1's/fem chucks for about 5 years.....and haven't made regs for about 15. There are so many beans available now that I've been enjoying the variety/fare that others have been offering...and being that I've downsized to personal and don't keep clones anymore...seeds are the "in" for me to catch a glimpse of what folks are doin' and keep the variety coming. I DO think we're hitting the point where the same strains have been crossed onto each other so many times there's not much >new< ground to cover. I'm hitting a point in my own collection where I have to stop myself from (my addiction) ...um...making purchases because I already have one/more of the subjects in the cross I'm looking at in another cross.

Like many..I'm guilty of being sucked into the STRAIN and not the individual plants within that strain. I probably have all I really need in house right now if I'd grow every fuckin seed I have out rather than buying more.

like that's gonna happen though....huh? Heehee...snicker... You fuckin seed whores know what I'm sayin'...