What would you like to see at the grow store..?

Main Cola

Chuckers Paradise
Wow that looks familiar @Main Cola. When I decided to close shop I spent the last 2 months handing out cards with my cell # on em and told folks I was closing shop...formally...but as long as there was stock left....deals would abound. I sold a BUNCH of it over a year or so timeframe. Met folks in the parking lot where the store used to be located...and a few who I'd known previously/felt were cool cats....I invited to the house to walk through my completely packed full double car garage.

Give him my regards and my "Well fuck". that's disappointing shit i know all too well. If he's closing...he likely rode the same "I work for free here" train I did. Far too much time and $$$ invested....and all ya got for it was some education (never run a retail store again...ever) and a buncha equipment I felt I needed to use to make up the slack for 4 years of not gettin paid. I go to the local shop now and see 2 employees in there.....and i just can't see how they can make it all work and pay anyone..... but they must be makin it.....or growing big on the backside (they do grow hemp)..... cus they are still there.
It was kind of sad ..He just couldn't afford the overhead anymore...The last couple of weeks he was practically giving supplies away at 70% off.. I picked up a few lights but that's about all I needed..If anyone is interested in the remaining inventory shoot me a pm cause I know you'll get a hell of a deal

D

Deleted member 60

I was more relieved than sad. After 4 years....I'd simply had enough sitting and waiting for someone to walk in and drop some coin and paying everyone but myself. One of my customers actually opened a store soon after I closed mine...cus he just couldn't believe there wasn't a shit ton of $$$ to be made. He lasted....maybe...2 years. He even had a "Mix-yer-own" soil gig going with bins where you could custom mix yer own shit right on the spot/bag it///everything....and offered consultations/grow room design/etc......none of which ever really went anywhere or were enough to stem the rising tide of online shopping.

I hope he's a grower........cus coming around on the back side worked for me to even things out and kept it all from completely screwing the pooch. Had it been in today's non-existent market...I wouldn't have had a chance and it would have been a far more serious end.

Main Cola

Chuckers Paradise
I was more relieved than sad. After 4 years....I'd simply had enough sitting and waiting for someone to walk in and drop some coin and paying everyone but myself. One of my customers actually opened a store soon after I closed mine...cus he just couldn't believe there wasn't a shit ton of $$$ to be made. He lasted....maybe...2 years. He even had a "Mix-yer-own" soil gig going with bins where you could custom mix yer own shit right on the spot/bag it///everything....and offered consultations/grow room design/etc......none of which ever really went anywhere or were enough to stem the rising tide of online shopping.

I hope he's a grower........cus coming around on the back side worked for me to even things out and kept it all from completely screwing the pooch. Had it been in today's non-existent market...I wouldn't have had a chance and it would have been a far more serious end.
He's actually pretty well-off ..he owns several other companies that are doing well

Primo bozo

Big veiny dick
I would like to see someone make a custom made styrofoam sleeve that a 5 gallon dwc bucket would fit in. Anyone who has had meds shipped to them know what I mean. I have looked around and so far no one has made these. A simple white heavy duty styrofoam sleeve would be a great, cheap and reusable way to manage temperature control in dwc. Plus you could sell advertising on them, nutes, seedbanks, light company, ECT. It will also allow any 5 gallon bucket to be used for hydro, regardless of color, as it would block light. Really, why hasn't this been made yet. I have made and used a home made prototype, and it made a huge difference in how cool my water stayed in Hot Alabama summer temperature. If I had the money, I would have already been producing these, as I do believe they would sell. Just a thought.