What would you like to see at the grow store..?

Dondell

I have some heavy duty, big money...legit backers that want to open a grow store in a now legal state. What are some things that you would like to see offered at a retail location? Specific brands...processing equip? What could I do, to stand out from the rest?

Hust17

PICK YOUR OWN
There are two hydro shops within a few blocks of each other in my city. I usually go to one and had no issues but decided to check out the other one.. Walked up to the register with four 5G fabric pots, the lady said $32, I was like, uhh the shop down the street charges less than half that. She scoffed and told me to go there. I did, got my pots for about $15, called her back and told her nicely maybe she should recheck her prices. She hung up with a few choice words. But basically, be fair, be kind, and you will be successful.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
Somehow you need to compete with amazon eBay with lighting and equipment and such.
Brew your own homaid tea and hand out samples to your customers. Plants love it and they will love what their plants love.
Have a nice display with exotic plants under them.
Have displays set up for everything.
Have gardening classes for the noobs.
Build light setups for customers and other equipment builds.
Refer them to chuckers paradise for seeds.
Refer to friend discounts
Toss pedals of roses in front of them where ever they walk
Contests and giveaways
Anything to get them in your store

baldmountain

Super Active Member
Different levels of products A selection and advice for a new growers. Something for people have been growing a while and want to expand a bit. And something for professionals. The new grower stuff may not have much margin, but they are your future pro growers who will buy the higher margin stuff later if you take care of them when they are newbies.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Free seeds always seems to be a good draw for websites selling seeds.

Partner with someone (like @Heisenbeans for example) to run you a special strain of fem seeds.

You want people to buy grow stuff. Give them a seed or three to grow and there's no telling how much shit they'll buy from you for growing, harvesting, etc.