What was your first concert?????

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I wonder what tour zep was on had? 68 now that would have been a fukkin show!!! Unfortunately my heros all loved their drugs and it showed. Stevie ray was awesome on coke but when he got sober he was a whole new level. Damn your lucky! I got to see ritchie blackmore..wish I'd caught the firm. I ended up seeing bad company but without Paul Roger's..damn Yankees opened up so it was kind of Ted but not ya know. Tommy shaw was in that group as well. So sad there's no more rock and roll.
Me being about 10 puts it around the Bicentennial - 'member that?. Bonham didn't die until 1980. Would have been sometime around Physical Graphiti.

I saw damn Yankees and Night Ranger at free concerts at 6-flags.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Actually I saw Zeppelin in 1977 which was their North American tour.

My memory ain't too bad though. I was still 10 when the concert happened. It was at a college assembly center in Baton Rouge. An uncle was going to college there and on the wrestling team. A few of them got volunteered to help with stage security and got a few tickets. The place was never designed for concerts and Zeppelin was not designed for basketball arenas.

If I remember right we actually went to see a wrestling match, and the concert was just a thing that happened.

But the sad fact was that they had just released "Presence" or they would have been at the Superdome.

Weedkiller

Dazed and confused
I remember the bicentennial well..we went to the garden for Ringling bros circus 🎪. All the clowns were in glittering red,white and blue, dressed like founding fathers I was 8. 1980 I was in 5th grade I remember the space shuttle explosion as we were watching as a class and we wrote letters to the hostages in iran. King tut was touring or just had and probably what impacted me most was John lennons murder in December.

Weedkiller

Dazed and confused
While my favorite album is physical graffiti I love the raw power of early zep...the so called conquering of the west. Bohnam died and that was a thing but at my age..the new sabbath,blizzard, new ac/dc, van hale..metal was taking off and the sound had changed I guess. My brother is 8 years older than me and there's a big difference in our experience with music. I remember when I saw the cold shot video Stevie ray made and it was life changing. Randy Rhoads, I was blown away this was definitely not the Beatles lol

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
1982 blue oyster cult at the dutchess County civic center ny.
Saw them in Syracuse in '76.......first laser light show

Best ever outdoor show??

Mine was August 74 Tulsa speedway...
J Geils Band
Saw J. Geils with Lynyrd Skynyrd in Buffalo. J. Geils warmed up Skynyrd but what a fucking show......At the end of Freebird the entire place was yelling for mor J Geils Band.

First concert was Yes in Jersey City..outdoor......that was an eye opener for sure.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I remember the bicentennial well..we went to the garden for Ringling bros circus 🎪. All the clowns were in glittering red,white and blue, dressed like founding fathers I was 8. 1980 I was in 5th grade I remember the space shuttle explosion as we were watching as a class and we wrote letters to the hostages in iran. King tut was touring or just had and probably what impacted me most was John lennons murder in December.
We went on a school trip to see King Tut - yup. Challenger was when we started learning dark humor.

What does NASA stand for? Need Another Seven Astronauts
What did Krista McCaulif tell her husband before the flight? You feed the kids, I'll feed the fish.

And I think the late 70's had some of the best music, Before hairbands and MTV. Except Metallica which was only good as a hair band. Odd.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think Challenger was when a lott of us realized that the adults had no clue and were just following a script - until the script ddidn't cover reality then they were worthless.

Here, lets play this up for a few weeks, space this and space that, writing space papers and having space vocabulary words - the whole nine.

Then roll the AV cart (audio visual LOL) into several classrooms - not every class had them - then pile the kids in on the floor, two to a desk, etc. I think each grade was in a class.

Then after a few minutes of stunned silence there was a quick recess and then it was like nothing ever happened. I think we had homework so it seemed normal.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I think Challenger was when a lott of us realized that the adults had no clue and were just following a script - until the script ddidn't cover reality then they were worthless.

Here, lets play this up for a few weeks, space this and space that, writing space papers and having space vocabulary words - the whole nine.

Then roll the AV cart (audio visual LOL) into several classrooms - not every class had them - then pile the kids in on the floor, two to a desk, etc. I think each grade was in a class.

Then after a few minutes of stunned silence there was a quick recess and then it was like nothing ever happened. I think we had homework so it seemed normal.
That’s how I remember it. I was in the 4th grade.

SeedTrader

Bet presents Notorious Big,luniz, naughty by nature,jodeci, Mary j blige,Craig Mack.
Indianapolis Indiana 1996
Oh ya I forgot to mention it was 5 th row.i was 13 and my mother me my cousin and my friend all were 5 th row . Really cool show top.it was when Luniz was popular for the I got 5 on it song.Biggie obviously was the best he killed it but luniz definitely was amazing too .So in 95 the year before, my mother and her sister my Aunt Mila Jane was a big hippie and she and my mother took us to Deer Creek for the grateful dead and all the surrounding camp grounds for the dead show 1995 deer Creek.My older brother was there too he had tickets.But the dsy before my aunt took us the the lot and campgrounds tthe dsy before it started.So so cool.i was in awe of the scene there.As a child my father was into native American culture and art and just anything native American and they used to have like 400 people for a week or whatever live like thwy did during the 1800s.It was the closest thing that as a young kid could compare it too.I remember buying a necklace with the teardrop onyx stone.But we went back the following day for the show and and got there and walked around looking for tickets and then the shit hit the fan .That was the night they crashed the fence.So my aunt and us left right when things got crazy.But I would have seen Jerry play if that scenario didn't take place .so that was my first concert ever but only got to hang in the lot for one and a half days .

Weedkiller

Dazed and confused
Saw them in Syracuse in '76.......first laser light show

Saw J. Geils with Lynyrd Skynyrd in Buffalo. J. Geils warmed up Skynyrd but what a fucking show......At the end of Freebird the entire place was yelling for mor J Geils Band.

First concert was Yes in Jersey City..outdoor......that was an eye opener for sure.
Steve howe is genius no doubt. The band all won artists of the year in their categories I remember. Mu buddy got a white epiphone just like Steve's. I never liked the gibson neck personally. Back then it was all about charvel/ Jackson they were built for ripping. I idolized hendrix and yngwie so it was the fender for me..Paganini on a Marshall stack has an awesome effect lol

Weedkiller

Dazed and confused
Oh ya I forgot to mention it was 5 th row.i was 13 and my mother me my cousin and my friend all were 5 th row . Really cool show top.it was when Luniz was popular for the I got 5 on it song.Biggie obviously was the best he killed it but luniz definitely was amazing too .So in 95 the year before, my mother and her sister my Aunt Mila Jane was a big hippie and she and my mother took us to Deer Creek for the grateful dead and all the surrounding camp grounds for the dead show 1995 deer Creek.My older brother was there too he had tickets.But the dsy before my aunt took us the the lot and campgrounds tthe dsy before it started.So so cool.i was in awe of the scene there.As a child my father was into native American culture and art and just anything native American and they used to have like 400 people for a week or whatever live like thwy did during the 1800s.It was the closest thing that as a young kid could compare it too.I remember buying a necklace with the teardrop onyx stone.But we went back the following day for the show and and got there and walked around looking for tickets and then the shit hit the fan .That was the night they crashed the fence.So my aunt and us left right when things got crazy.But I would have seen Jerry play if that scenario didn't take place .so that was my first concert ever but only got to hang in the lot for one and a half days .
That's something a lot of people can't say I bet big was amazing. I wasn't a big fan of the dead but I loved the culture. Growing up in NY there were dead shows quite often and it always meant good drugs lol. Acid,mescaline, goof balls and shrooms I used to love to trip! I think the idea of an mc leaving parties got lost somewhere along the lines. I appreciated any good music especially if they can do it live. LL,ti any of the wu tang ( forever) dmx,rtj just to name a few can do it. I'm all about if something moves me I like it. Very cool story!

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Steve howe is genius no doubt. The band all won artists of the year in their categories I remember. Mu buddy got a white epiphone just like Steve's. I never liked the gibson neck personally. Back then it was all about charvel/ Jackson they were built for ripping. I idolized hendrix and yngwie so it was the fender for me..Paganini on a Marshall stack has an awesome effect lol
They were so many frisbees at that concert and Yes was catching them and winging them back into the audience. The acoustics were horrible in that stadium but I was on the infield and could walk right up to the stage. There was only 1 road in from where we parked and it was filled both sides with drug peddlers........and all manner of gear. We were more Jethro Tull oriented than Yes but I think I still have all their albums stashed away someplace.

Weedkiller

Dazed and confused
I was raised on Tull I remember my sister had bursting out I was raised on it lol...I always loved this performance..the audience was the stones, mitch Mitchell,John lennon. Mick jagger was producing or managing them I believe