What was everyones first grow forum?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2835
  • Start date

Heisen

Dont Need One
Admin
Started back in 99 in a closet with a mercury vapor light I got from a lighting store. It was pretty illegal where I was so stayed the fuck off the internet. I remember I was in a yahoo chat group I think in early 2000s where we discussed gardening and a few of us shared info on seeds and shit. I remember I cloned a canna plant when I was like 10 years old and thought it was the coolest shit in the world. Pops gave me a small.piece of rhe property to grow in so its always been imbedded in my DNA. Grandpa was hard core into growing. Anyway when shit started to become legal I got on the forums. Don't even remember which one. At the time I was growing in an old hunting club RV I gutted out and set up so I called myself heisengrow.
I think I got on icmag at first but not 100 percent sure. I was on the farm also and logic made me a mod fora while. That opened up some doors to get some decent cuts.
Not sure why people here didn't really use the forum to there advantage to get cuts and shit. People still like to fuck with seeds I guess.

wierdly

Fungas Gnat
Grass City Early 2000's I wanted to learn Hydro, Got me a Stealth Hydro "Bubble Ponics System" with some Crazy Huge curly CFLS , ended up with some raggedy old shitty bud, after more research on the forum upgraded to a 400w HPS a portable ac and switched to flood and drain. Worked like a dream! Had to retire while the kids were little after my son told me he found a secret garden in the shed, that same week my other son saw a notification on my computer from Grass City and asked me, "who is Hydro Head?" Now trying to learn the Organics.

Slowdrawl

PICK YOUR OWN
Started back in 99 in a closet with a mercury vapor light I got from a lighting store. It was pretty illegal where I was so stayed the fuck off the internet. I remember I was in a yahoo chat group I think in early 2000s where we discussed gardening and a few of us shared info on seeds and shit. I remember I cloned a canna plant when I was like 10 years old and thought it was the coolest shit in the world. Pops gave me a small.piece of rhe property to grow in so its always been imbedded in my DNA. Grandpa was hard core into growing. Anyway when shit started to become legal I got on the forums. Don't even remember which one. At the time I was growing in an old hunting club RV I gutted out and set up so I called myself heisengrow.
I think I got on icmag at first but not 100 percent sure. I was on the farm also and logic made me a mod fora while. That opened up some doors to get some decent cuts.
Not sure why people here didn't really use the forum to there advantage to get cuts and shit. People still like to fuck with seeds I guess.
Cool story!

m4s73r

The Laziest
Grasscity in 2008, RIU in 2010 i think. ICMag same time as RIU. Then Farm and Chuckers when I got banned from RIU, just here now. Farm is disapointing. Actually havent been active on here or the Greenpoint Discord. Too many irons in the fire. Wish I had more time to sit here and bullshit with you all.

Shua1991

Really Active Member
I started using icmag then rollitup.
I found the ICMag community was more dedicated to the European market while the rollitup community was more USA based.

My first grow was "Atomic northern lights" purchased by my sister, freebie of Atomic Shiva, 2010. Again dr atomic used to be on icmag along with plenty of breeders who would talk to their communities providing useful knowledge.

I loved the Atomic NL, it Grew short and stocky one main cola, rock solid buds with dark black pepper fruitiness and sharp pine and earthy funkyness.

Shiva was spicy garlic funkyness, would grow them again if I had those seeds sitting around. Grown outdoors in my sisters yard in NY back when it wasn't legal, we had a closed off area that we could grow. First and only grow outdoors that was a success, all guerrilla grows failed 🤣.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Prohibition fear. Grew bagseeds and got gnats bad, and after about 4 months of veg on my 8" tall little bonsai plants I searched about the gnat problem fix. Found the ILGM help pages linked to the search and learned about growing weed reading that free guide they have (even that is a joke) Knew nothing about light schedules or anything else though so I learned. On the recommendation of the fluffers on that forum I bought some "real beans, awesome genetics!" from ILGM instead of bagseeds.

Not a bad start - could have been worse. They got super stupid about free speech and I shagged. Found Trollit-up which sucked pretty bad except was introduced to @Big Perm and @J.James and got my first actual "real beans" from JJ ;)

We got fed up and I followed them to a forum that Perm made. It was good but hardly any members so it fizzled. There was something else in the middle before JJ told me about this one 3 years ago.

I probably still have pages on several forums where the last post resembles "fuck you guys!" or something like that :cool: