What are we curing?

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
A couple questions popped in my head after listening to a bunch of breeder/grower interviews on drying and curing in preparation for the upcoming harvest.

Are we drying everything together (plant matter/trichomes) to whatever your preferred RH%?

OR

Are we waiting for the metabolic process to cease in order to "polymerize" just the trichomes themselves (Does it still happen during a water cure)

Any input is appreciated.

D

Deleted member 60

Those "podcast" (listen to myself talk and feel important) cats can sure make easy shit seem hard. Everyone's an expert these days. Polymer-fuckin-what? Just dry it all @ 60F and 60% humidity. Screw the "water cure"....forget about "polymerize". Just focus on getting it dried properly and you'll be golden.

"Curing" is a long process. Months. Still takes properly dried weed to get it right.

Or you can cut it off the stick...and freeze it all instantly and make hash

good luck with yer havest

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Those "podcast" (listen to myself talk and feel important) cats can sure make easy shit seem hard. Everyone's an expert these days. Polymer-fuckin-what? Just dry it all @ 60F and 60% humidity. Screw the "water cure"....forget about "polymerize". Just focus on getting it dried properly and you'll be golden.

"Curing" is a long process. Months. Still takes properly dried weed to get it right.

Or you can cut it off the stick...and freeze it all instantly and make hash

good luck with yer havest
A lot of these "weed experts" are just trying to find things to talk about to keep listeners tuning in. The amount of shit people are willing to try, in the quest to create the best final product they can, really is mind blowing to me. It doesn't take much to get incredible weed if you just dry and cure it properly and the additional benefits some of these extra steps claim to make seem so tiny that I don't see any worth in it. Water curing seems to be making a comeback lately...at least people are talking about it a lot more on Reddit over the last few weeks. I honestly see no point in water curing flower unless it is so harsh that you need to smooth it out in order to be able to smoke it.

D

Deleted member 60

LOL...I remember when you DIDN'T talk about it....AT ALL. Things have certainly changed....and not all for the better on some fronts.

These cats woulda done great back in the day.

Expert #1 "You can Immerse your rootball in boiling water to increase the potency".

Expert #2 "I much prefer using a cooler of dry ice for a superb cure"

Expert #3 "Yeah...but did you split the main stalk and put a rock in it first?"

Expert #4 "No, but I did bury it"

Nothing wrong with being a greenhorn. Just listen well....and if 5 guys say it it >might< be true. If a couple guys say it on a podcast....>>suspect<<. Very suspect.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
LOL...I remember when you DIDN'T talk about it....AT ALL. Things have certainly changed....and not all for the better on some fronts.

These cats woulda done great back in the day.

Expert #1 "You can Immerse your rootball in boiling water to increase the potency".

Expert #2 "I much prefer using a cooler of dry ice for a superb cure"

Expert #3 "Yeah...but did you split the main stalk and put a rock in it first?"

Expert #4 "No, but I did bury it"

Nothing wrong with being a greenhorn. Just listen well....and if 5 guys say it it >might< be true. If a couple guys say it on a podcast....>>suspect<<. Very suspect.
Also - consider the source. You can listen to a scientist or a stoner, and while the scientists might have a bunch of "facts", weed is federally illegal, and the only research of any consistency has been done at the state/university level with no federal funding. The stoner has more data on curing weed than the scientist...

Most breeders are uneducated stoners. They know about breeding, and can still get bro-scienced like the rest of us on other stuff. There are exceptions. Mr Soul is a nuclear engineer - who breeds. Duke Diamond got kicked out the house at 15 - but had already graduated high school. Got a degree in electirical engineering and worked at the same company doing nuclear stuff with Mr. Soul... I am sure there are others.

The thing is that a lot of those breeders don't grow and cure a lot of smoke. They shuck beans and have concentrates made with the leftovers, and maybe have testers give them back some weed.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I usually tune it out as soon as I start hearing about moonbeams and astrology.
Don't count all of that out either. That shit dates back to the farmers almanac and wahy before.

I drop beans on or just after a new moon. Gravity is stronger then, rooting happens a little quicker supposedly. Plants notice shit that we don't. Light spectrums that we can't see is another example.

D

Deleted member 60

A local organic gardening center by me sells crystals to put in the pots to provide "energy" to the plants. Super nice guy, and he's given me some great organic growing advice, but I think they are a little out there with the crystals. :ROFLMAO:
I kinda think the same thing about the crystals......and then I drive by a church and think...HHHmmmmm......and these folks think they have magical powers and can "pray" and things will change?

Heehee...at least you can hold the crystal in yer hand.....

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
I kinda think the same thing about the crystals......and then I drive by a church and think...HHHmmmmm......and these folks think they have magical powers and can "pray" and things will change?

Heehee...at least you can hold the crystal in yer hand.....
I think faith in any form is good for the state of mind in a lot of people. Sometimes I wish I had more faith in things.

D

Deleted member 60

Faith in self is also a good thing. Anytime you will your will/soul/being to others...yer just another tool in a cult....following rather than leading. (self)

I respect that some of my friends have 'faith".....I just don't share in that particular approach. There is a higher power but man in no way, no how wrote his book.

Praise Jah.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Faith in self is also a good thing. Anytime you will your will/soul/being to others...yer just another tool in a cult....following rather than leading. (self)

I respect that some of my friends have 'faith".....I just don't share in that particular approach. There is a higher power but man in no way, no how wrote his book.

Praise Jah.
On the other side of that is the Big Bang crowd.

In the beginning there was nothing. Then BANG! there was everything.
Every complex organism and interaction between them is a happy accident.

:unsure:

Trust the science

D

Deleted member 60

Ima go with the science over the "7 days" crapola all fuckin' day long....

And that walkin' on water stuff.....LOL.....somebody was shroomin' hard right there....

But I might have to get me some of those Jim Bakker 5 gallon survival buckets

After you feast....you can cure weed in em!

Science vs Cloud Daddy is a real conundrum for me because science is not reality but rather viewing reality objectively. I can't objectively say that Cloud Daddy wasn't the catalyst for nothing to blow up vs nothing just hanging out and getting so bored that it just decided to run into itself really hard. What I do know is us clever humans absolutely use both for some pretty nefarious reasons.
Yerp.png