What are the main cannabis Landraces?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I think that some people might not be aware of what they are asking for when they want landrace stuff. I think a lot of it was less potent than what is availably today. But with any plant genetics experiments, having those "heirloom" seeds to try new stuff with is better than further bastardizing already watered down genetics.

Don't get me wrong, the "watering down" of the original strains has added trichs, terps, potency, bulk, changed flowering times, plant heights etc. and in many ways for the better. It just ain't the original gangsta.

curious2garden

Really Active Member
I think that some people might not be aware of what they are asking for when they want landrace stuff. I think a lot of it was less potent than what is availably today. But with any plant genetics experiments, having those "heirloom" seeds to try new stuff with is better than further bastardizing already watered down genetics.

Don't get me wrong, the "watering down" of the original strains has added trichs, terps, potency, bulk, changed flowering times, plant heights etc. and in many ways for the better. It just ain't the original gangsta.
That's the one thing I miss the most about mexican brick weed, the ceilingless high. It wasn't all that potent but if you kept smoking you went higher and higher.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
What is really interesting is...the hash of the 70s now makes so much more sense....Lebanese hash was from landrace etc.

And the effect of some...I had an Ace Malawi I grew and it was stellar...and the most introspective plant i ever grew. It was not something you could smoke all night but on occasion it was like a ceremonial mind opening.

Original land races its the cannaboids or something but wow they hit the brain in very different ways.

KMOG

Always rockin’ at half mast
That's the one thing I miss the most about mexican brick weed, the ceilingless high. It wasn't all that potent but if you kept smoking you went higher and higher.
Jamaican weed was like that except also strong when I was there. Need my ex to give me all my seeds back. I guess I could just make another trip to Jamaica...🤔

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
What is really interesting is...the hash of the 70s now makes so much more sense....Lebanese hash was from landrace etc.

And the effect of some...I had an Ace Malawi I grew and it was stellar...and the most introspective plant i ever grew. It was not something you could smoke all night but on occasion it was like a ceremonial mind opening.

Original land races its the cannaboids or something but wow they hit the brain in very different ways.
Yep, it's a trade off today between THC/CBD Terps etc, There is only so much room in the resin head. There is very tiny amounts of certain ones that when connected to the receptor that multiplies the affects 30x's for some of the other molecules. So much to learn about this plant.

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Well at least you guys are confirming what I've been thinking, most all the beans I've been ordering are older strains, not Willie old but 90s and early 2k ish strains, definitely not as potent as today's heavy hitters but the older stuff just checked all my boxes better than today's fad stuff, and this is totally subjective but most of my inner toker circle is in agreement there is more to it than a high THC number😉😉😉🤓🤓🤓

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Kevin Jodrey, Cultivation Director, Wonderland Nursery, Mr. Bob Hemphill, Joshua Rutherford, Dutch Blooms, and Hardy Nieto, Cora Genetics.
Just watched a documentary about Moroccan hash - same story. The Dutch screwed up everything.

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I got South African kwazulu seeds what’s everyone’s thoughts on that kind? Give me the good give me the bad. I grew it out last time and thought it was pretty good but I like everything

MtRainDog

Blümen Meister
Didn’t see Durbans mentioned, I always assumed they were a landrace too. Maybe they are under the Malawi category? I could def. be wrong about the Durbans tho

I smoked the real deal Colombian Gold when I was a kid. I grew out 20 seeds in my friends backyard from the buds. The damn things grew like evergreen trees. The buds didn't start to pop until late October. They never would have made it that late in NYC. A week later someone stole them all. Bastids :alien:

Hempire828

Really Active Member
I’m smoking some Columbian Redx OMG from Bodhi.. Soar plant.. absolutely gat damn fire..This will be the landrace of choice to build upon for me.. I couldn’t believe I got that damn hi off said landrace.. I know combining the 2 hybridized the plant, but still I feel the main genetics are still intact... I just gotta figure out what to add w/o screwing things up.. maybe blend another landrace into the mix....