Well shit!!! PM in the house

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Went into the tent today and holy fuck powdery mildew on about 30% of operation chemscrog none visible yesterday when i tucked everything, been raining here off and on for weeks now humidity has been about 60 to68% in the tent 2 fans in the tent and exhaust fan is exchanging about 1 time a minute. No dehumidifier yet, hopped on here and seen reds pointer on green cure ordered but wont be here till friday have peroxide and baking soda on hand but no experience with using them, any advice is greatly appreciated guys kinda shitting bricks atm 😲😲😲20190827_140735.jpgScreenshot_20190827-135300.png

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Ten four today was lollipop defol day too came a day late apparently, canopy is way leafy not helping my humidity issue at all, thank you sir for the lightning fast response, and how would i go about washing the milk off with everything being in a scrog???

how would i go about washing the milk off with everything being in a scrog???
The scrog will complicate things. Usually, just a follow up spray with water and minimal wiping can wash the leaves. Since you're in a scrog and a cleanup will be difficult, go with a 4:1 water:milk solution. Watering down the milk concentration will reduce the overall need to cleanup while still remaining effective. I've read milk solutions as low as 10% still being effective, so there's some wiggle room on the concentration.

Last edited:
So should i defol first then spray, kill 2 birds that way less to spray and lower humidity a bit
If you plan on defoliating the plant anyway, then I would go for it now to reduce the humidity, and PM population. May sound weird, but I would consider spraying first anyway, then defoliate. PM spreads by spores carried by wind or general disturbance sending the spores around. If the PM is mature enough to have free spores, spraying first will "clip the wings" of the spores and avoid spreading the PM that may happen by handling the afflicted leaves dry.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
have heard bout a cup of peroxide to gallon o water and spray also, but have heard the milk version lots also. I can't speak to it, as Ive never had it but once and used organicide. But looks like potassium bicarbonate and the milk deal is the two best things to use. But i think you have to make the PB a soap and you just mix the milk like Scwaggy said, 60/40. I also see whey is good also, like milk, to use.

Also temps are chilling at about 77 should i make any changes there???
PM does fine between 60-80F but generally prefers warmer temps. So if the temps are cooling, you're going in the right direction. Humidity is going to be the more impactful variable to concentrate on in general.

Getting a dehumidifier seems to be something that will greatly help going further for your environment. I've learned an expensive lesson, if you find your environment humidity is supporting PM, chances are that it will also support bud mold down the road.

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
Dam sir thats pretty psychic i lost my largest nug to bud rot/mold the day before yesterday, seemed to only effect the fattest top i had i did a thourough spread em on all the rest of the nugs i chopped and all looked to be normal frost only nugs. Weve had record amounts of rain this year and they been coming about once a week so its never really dried out like normal summer weather here.

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
The crazy thing is it materialized in 24 hours
Be a hell of a deal if you broke open that molded bud or shook shit out of it, cutting it off and spread spores everywhere. Only reason I suspect that is, you guessed it, that's what happened when I had my bout. As Schwaggmaster said, if you got one, you prolly got the other or the environment for it. You've already discovered the one, within 48 hrs of discovery, you got the other. Kinda connect the dots, but I'd sure check out the all the plants before and after sprayin the milk, even if you pull apart some of the colas. Once you see that gray shade on the inside, you won't ever forget that color or to hate that shit forever. lol

Im a moron my expensive ass a/c has a dry mode lol clicked it onto that and down to 57% in 5 mins or so will check in later, schools out soon kid time yaaay
I keep the humidity around the 40-45% zone for flower, and try to push it into 35-40% in the final 10-14 days.

The milk spray is meant for non-flowering plants. If you have to spray flowering plants, do your best to not get any milk spray on the buds.

And fml they are a week into flower now
Well, there isn't much bud growth yet. If you want to be cautious, grab some Neem oil from any home improvement store (should be easy to find) and mix up a neem spray to combat the PM until the Green Cure shows up. Then, make sure to get a dehumidifier to rob these pathogens of a suitable environment. After this cycle, make sure to thoroughly clean the tent with bleach.