Water temp

Streetpro09

Tester
Like continuous temp or spikes?

The most I like to see is 71 continously, would prefer 68. If it gets higher than that Im looking for a way to cool back down. I've had some get up to like 78 for a day or two. May have stunted them some but I couldn't really notice at the time.

I run bennys so I wouldn't use this info in a sterile system.

Westbygod

I get nervous at 70. I use reflective bubble isolation to wrap buckets and cover lid. Make sure you are using Hydroguard or some other root protector in your water. Main problem with high water temps., higher the temp. the more oxygen you need in the water for the plants to uptake nutrients. If running above 68 you might be better off with a RDWC system.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
I got a chiller and set it at 68 and I'm in RDWC. I have I think it is 15-8 gal buckets. But I also have 14-5 gal buckets that I also use in flower that is not and I use air stones for air. I also have 18- 5 gal buckets that I use in veg and use a waterfall technique instead of airstones.
I've seen temps up in the mid 80s when the air conditioner goes into power saving mode. It does damage the roots and stunts the plants in the waterfall technique but not with the airstones. Otherwise when the air conditioner stays on water temps are the same as ambient air temp of 78.

I have another area I'd like to veg in but it has no air conditioning. Temps could be much higher than 90 during the day and down in the 70s at night.
Was just seeing if anyone has grown successfully with higher temps.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
I got a chiller and set it at 68 and I'm in RDWC. I have I think it is 15-8 gal buckets. But I also have 14-5 gal buckets that I also use in flower that is not and I use air stones for air. I also have 18- 5 gal buckets that I use in veg and use a waterfall technique instead of airstones.
I've seen temps up in the mid 80s when the air conditioner goes into power saving mode. It does damage the roots and stunts the plants in the waterfall technique but not with the airstones. Otherwise when the air conditioner stays on water temps are the same as ambient air temp of 78.

I have another area I'd like to veg in but it has no air conditioning. Temps could be much higher than 90 during the day and down in the 70s at night.
Was just seeing if anyone has grown successfully with higher temps.
I set my chiller at 66 degrees and just leave it there. I also run a alita air pump and pound it with oxygen. Never had any issues with root root. Roots stay snowy white from start to finish.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
Around 13 to 15 inches. I also top them at least 2 times. Run scrog and fill it up.
Do you veg elsewhere or same spot? I veg elsewhere and transport the plant to one of my flower rooms when it gets big enough. If it's stretchy I like it around 18" tall and around 2' across. I lower the scrog net down and smash the canopy some. By the time it stretches if fills up the 42" wide net. I then place additional canopies like another 12" tall so the branches have something to support them.

Those are 8 gal totes I was using 21 gal totes and had a couple of plants do 1.75 lb. I let them get too big in veg and stretched like crazy. Just swallowed up the plants next to em.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Do you veg elsewhere or same spot? I veg elsewhere and transport the plant to one of my flower rooms when it gets big enough. If it's stretchy I like it around 18" tall and around 2' across. I lower the scrog net down and smash the canopy some. By the time it stretches if fills up the 42" wide net. I then place additional canopies like another 12" tall so the branches have something to support them.

Those are 8 gal totes I was using 21 gal totes and had a couple of plants do 1.75 lb. I let them get too big in veg and stretched like crazy. Just swallowed up the plants next to em.
I did the exact same thing with the fruity pebbles strain now. It stretched almost 3 times it's length in 2 weeks. I run rdwc heisenbean system with 4 -8 gallon ez store buckets and one 8 gallon rez. All are done in same spot.

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
I run rdwc as well. Used to do a waterfall technique for oxygen but didn't work well in such big totes I was using. So back to airstones. But it doesn't bother me using em too much.
I do have some pumps that run cool and others that get so hot it will burn your hand.

I have 2 1/2 ton chillers one for veg as I have 18-5 gal buckets I veg in and a 27 gal Rez. I also use a 27 gal Rez that is controlling both rooms that way I didn't have to buy another chiller, another 60gal top off tank etc etc.
I use 2" pipe between totes for good flow. Those 1 3/4 lb plants stopped up my 3" pipe I was using in those 21 gal totes constantly. So I don't use haze's anymore just hard to manage.

86 has been about the highest I have seen in my system. Run the heisenbubble rdwc 8 site with 4k watts. Usually stays in the mid to high 70s and have never gotten root rot or browning, perfectly healthy white roots. Only thing I use besides base nutes is hydrogaurd at 2ml a gallon. Honestly think I’d be fine not even using hydrogaurd

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
I run around 72 to 74 in my reservoirs, bennie tea additions on the regular, ambient temps at about 80 during lights on, i run a ghetto airpump cooler setup, just a repurposed insulated chainsaw case, 6in duct, rigid foam insulation and some duct tape, it routes half my ac into the box to cool the pumps and their intake air, works like a charm so far been running it like that all summer here and its been nasty hot, but those temps seem to be acceptable for my plants no complaints from them lol

Primo bozo

Big veiny dick
I run 8 to 10 plants in a flower room, I have noticed that my air pumps get hot, and that gets my water temperature into the mid 80s. What worked for me was attaching a hose to the inlet nozzle of the pump, and running it under the trailer I'm growing in. I buried about 4 ft of it 8 inches in the ground and just let the tip (about 10 inches or so) stick up. I was amazed at how much my res temp dropped. Haven't had a problem since.