Pail 1:
1 cup baking soda
1 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup H2O2

Pail 2:
1 cup H2O2

Pail 3:
Plain water

Fill with water, mix, dunk (in numerical order) and hang. I have a fan blow at the bottom below the hanging buds.

This year will be just be H2O2 but same amount of buckets.
In your opinion do you think the other stuff was unnecessary?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
If you have no mold issues disregard the h2o2 I just use lemon juice & baking soda...simply amazing how much "debris" comes off the plants
Actually, in the 3-bucket recipe you are using bucket 2 and 3 to wash off the lemon juice and baking soda. I would rather not add something I need to wash off.

Kulla380

Really Active Member
So the steps are.?
Cut down whole plant. Take it's weight. Dunk it in 3% h2o2 water mix. Dry it with a fan till you hit the same weight. Hang, dry. Cure. Profit?

D

Deleted member 60

I get the reasoning and it sounds pretty solid......but fuck me....what a chore that would be. Not sure how I'd pull that one off with 18 plants 4-7 ft tall.

The garden hose would be easier....... SPLAT! LOFL.

Heehee......it's always >something<. Good luck with your finish everyone...

Macncheesehaze

I get the reasoning and it sounds pretty solid......but fuck me....what a chore that would be. Not sure how I'd pull that one off with 18 plants 4-7 ft tall.

I have alotttt more plants than that so yeah it’s gonna be a big pain in the ass. Maybe I’ll get two kiddie pools and let em swim

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin

It's actually not that much of a chore to do and goes really quick when you have large enough buckets. I did two outdoor plants in about 15-20 minutes last year and then just laid them out on a bed sheet on the deck, in the sun, until the water evaporated off.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
1 quart of H202 in a 18 gallon tote that's got 15-16 gallons in it by eyeball. I break down the braches/plant as needed. Roll them up like a wreath put in the h202 bucket and weigh down. I let it sit until the air bubbles stop coming out, swish it around a couple of times....then put it in the rinse tote. I don't add any baking soda, lemon or any other shit that would add a taste. I may use a second rinse tote if stuff was nasty. After the rinse tote they go in front of a fan for a bit and then hung as usual.
I definitely don't want to smoke anything other than the weed, not foilars, bugshit, nothing..........the first bucket always looks nasty. How nasty?? Nasty enough outdoors, I'll always wash my bud, indoors or out for that matter.
ymmv :)

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Actually, in the 3-bucket recipe you are using bucket 2 and 3 to wash off the lemon juice and baking soda. I would rather not add something I need to wash off.
Indeed I use 3 buckets I'd rather have to give them an extra swish in plain water than inhale what's left in the buckets off outdoor plants I smoked enough Mexican and the likes that had everything from bugs to paraquat in my youth to last a lifetime

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Indeed I use 3 buckets I'd rather have to give them an extra swish in plain water than inhale what's left in the buckets off outdoor plants I smoked enough Mexican and the likes that had everything from bugs to paraquat in my youth to last a lifetime
Yeah, since I am organic and indoors with low rH and such my only concern is cat hair, gnats, dust etc. Nothing toxic in my tents. I just use one bucket, but I skim it between dunks to get the floaty-junk out. I'll dunk the bud 2-3 times if needed but in the same bucket. More might be easier but I am not doing quantity.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So the steps are.?
Cut down whole plant. Take it's weight. Dunk it in 3% h2o2 water mix. Dry it with a fan till you hit the same weight. Hang, dry. Cure. Profit?
If you're doing a lot you don't have to weigh it all. Just a few that are a good representation of the rest of the crop. I wouldn't be as worried about the first limbs being in front of the fan too long. I would be more worried about the last ones not drying enough. I'd weigh the biggest ones and wash them last. Then you know everything else is dry enough to remove the fan when they are.