Walipini anyone?

D

Deleted member 60

We looked at this concept before building our dome GH. Just too rocky here and I was concerned I'd dig into the hill and hit the water table. Cool concept though.

And I agree with jesse about the stretch. However...if it's what you have to do to keep em cooler and going...it is what it is. Stretchy plants flower....and that's the goal. Good luck with the heat.

he had nothing other than the judge being a fellow flower collector. had to pay $1500. if you drive by his house it looks like a dump. Needless to say we are not on good terms anymore or ever again.
Even as a fellow gardener, I’d be pissed. With no receipts for flowers/plants purchased and no pictures/representation, what’s the merit of his word.

I don’t blame you, as mellow and even keeled as I am; after something like that we wouldn’t be on speaking terms.

D

Deleted member 60

Ay-yi-yi-yi-yi..... I think every 'hood has one of those kinda folks...you know....the "THIS IS MY LAND.... I CAN DO WHAT I PLEASE...." kinda folks.......the folks that forget (aka...DON'T CARE) that they have neighbors as they make all sorts of noise and collect all sorts of crap/trash/"valuables". We just got one of these pinheads in our 'hood.

The good thing.....the "bitch ass" that will be coming to HIS door will be a cop if shit gets too out of hand and he totally "forgets" there are other folks around who also bought property...

🖕 is right...LOL.

Hope ya can get some payback someday @pleasecheese . Bad luck has a way of lastin a long time....know what I'm sayin'?

Ay-yi-yi-yi-yi..... I think every 'hood has one of those kinda folks...you know....the "THIS IS MY LAND.... I CAN DO WHAT I PLEASE...." kinda folks.......the folks that forget (aka...DON'T CARE) that they have neighbors as they make all sorts of noise and collect all sorts of crap/trash/"valuables". We just got one of these pinheads in our 'hood.

The good thing.....the "bitch ass" that will be coming to HIS door will be a cop if shit gets too out of hand and he totally "forgets" there are other folks around who also bought property...

🖕 is right...LOL.

Hope ya can get some payback someday @pleasecheese . Bad luck has a way of lastin a long time....know what I'm sayin'?
It gets like that up north around the cabin. People like collecting crap on their property and then it just sits. Rusting away with grass growing 3 ft around it. They never get rid of it or do anything with it and then when they pass away or sell, its left for the next individual.

The land family bought came with 4 campers/trailers, a milk truck and a whole bunch of other shit. Getting rid of it is a pain in the ass. Tearing down or towing away shit then picking through the ground to pick up sharp objects and glass is tedious. I like walking barefoot and the thought of me or the dogs getting cut/poked scares me too much to just leave it or try and bury it.

D

Deleted member 60

I'd be finding some fencing and slapping up a privacy fence in front of my plants....or digging out the walapini floor far more....pleasecheese. Are you in a legal state? I hope so. (Shit head) Neighbors can toss a severe monkey wrench into a good thing.

I know it's no consolation....but my new neighbor is carving a road to nowhere with heavy equipment through the forest....so his kids can ride their dirt bikes all over his land and access BLM land. (likely illegal..we will see) Gonna be interesting to see how much the neighbors will stand. This guy thinks that by buying his 4 acres he/his family have right to any/all access and no one should be able to tell him what to do. 'merica....

be safe and watch out for the loonies pleasecheese

SSGrower

Average Grower
I'd be finding some fencing and slapping up a privacy fence in front of my plants....or digging out the walapini floor far more....pleasecheese. Are you in a legal state? I hope so. (Shit head) Neighbors can toss a severe monkey wrench into a good thing.

I know it's no consolation....but my new neighbor is carving a road to nowhere with heavy equipment through the forest....so his kids can ride their dirt bikes all over his land and access BLM land. (likely illegal..we will see) Gonna be interesting to see how much the neighbors will stand. This guy thinks that by buying his 4 acres he/his family have right to any/all access and no one should be able to tell him what to do. 'merica....

be safe and watch out for the loonies pleasecheese
Punching a new trail on blm is illegal. Established social trails may be different but new motorized trail no go on blm without envirnmental assessment.

pleasecheese

Really Active Member
Please educate me.

Is this a walapalini because it has at least one side that receives no sun? I thought a walapalini was in ground?
There are many styles. This was just my variation of it. Yes I called it a walipini because one side receives no sun. Its simply a 3x5 tray against my fence framed with some thick aluminum wire and wrapped in burlap. very inexpensive, fast and easy to set up/tear down if need be.

pleasecheese

Really Active Member
changed the top of the greenhouse from a white tarp to a clear plastic a couple weeks ago. probably should have done it much sooner. plants loved the extra sun and got chunky. buds turning nice colors on the blueberry muffins cross.
wpudate.jpg