Veterans?

Now1more

Super Active Member
We Arrived in Dec of 84. I remember looking around and seeing those big tall Southern Yellow Pines and thinking, gross. Only one year is all it took. My brothers and I all have issues from there. I'm 100% VA p/t. I'd be more than happy to chat about it through PM if you ever have questions or want to vent.

Armdog

RDWC GROWER
Hub's dad was USMC WWII-Korea. He was a Camp Lejeune marine that died from Parkinson's secondary to TCE exposure. Hub is currently struggling with a similar issue, CSE secondary to TCE exposure, thank god for edible it really improves the quality of his life.
I spent 6 months in LeJeune at the amphibious base. Got lucky and was in Heavy Equiptment school there. Then went to Pendleton.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
I could have retired at 38 if I would have stayed.
Thats the crazy part. Couple guys I went to school with retire in the next year. Several people I worked with stuck it out for the 20 and have a good many years after retirement to have another career. Its a good deal in that respect. That retirement isn't a ton of money, at 38 you wouldn't be set to sit on your ass for the rest of your life. Guess you could but be slim livin...

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Thats the crazy part. Couple guys I went to school with retire in the next year. Several people I worked with stuck it out for the 20 and have a good many years after retirement to have another career. Its a good deal in that respect. That retirement isn't a ton of money, at 38 you wouldn't be set to sit on your ass for the rest of your life. Guess you could but be slim livin...
Depends on rank when you retire as well. I could have done 20 and retired at 37. I hated the first job, one tour and out. Got married, had a kid, and she was 3 before the hospital was paid off. Wanted kid"s" so I looked into options. Economy sucked back then. Loved the choice and would have stayed longer if they let me - but I like where I'm at now.

curious2garden

Really Active Member
My Late Brother was stationed at Pendleton as an air traffic controller, He was a controller at Denver Airport for 20 Years and retired, Dropped dead of a heart attack 4 months after retiring from the FAA , He gave everything He had to an ungrateful Nation.
That is so sad. I could vent for quite awhile along those lines. I'm sorry Heathen.

Oreguhnism

Really Active Member
6 years. 2 tours. Baghdad 2003, Northern Afghan/Tajik in 06. 19D, 31C which changed, 75B and cook. I had line scores and PFT to go SF, but I am incredibly color blind, enough to disqual. So i took Cav Scout/Radio.

Pops was an active duty SGM when I initially enlisted September 11th, 2001, merely a coincidence....maybe. Pops died the day we took it Iraq.part deux, March 19, 2003.

Pop was also in Nam in the Navy. After his passing, an aquaintance, revealed his name was part of something something,,agent orange, somethung something, Nam.....what in fact what was told to me, is classified still and I was "illegally" told. This is rumored to something called Project SHAD or Project 112.

My pops died from a rare form of t cell leukemia in 2003. This type cause a cytokinine storm which has been reported recently in Covid. When this occurs your fucked. Your normal white blood cell count goes to 200k and fucks shit up. T cell lymphatic leukemia caused by a virus, originating in two forms, Kenya and Japan.

Also, when finally locating some info on what Project Shad was or is, blah blah, found out that a bunch of that information was potentially destroyed in attack on the Penatagon, archives were located in some of the inner ring Navy offices.

I wish I could make a story like this. Personally its been a living hell. I still get profiled and have weird shit happen. This could be much longer, lol..

Bottomline, I loved my service and my soldiers. Huah!

Punisher84

Just some asshole
6 years. 2 tours. Baghdad 2003, Northern Afghan/Tajik in 06. 19D, 31C which changed, 75B and cook. I had line scores and PFT to go SF, but I am incredibly color blind, enough to disqual. So i took Cav Scout/Radio.

Pops was an active duty SGM when I initially enlisted September 11th, 2001, merely a coincidence....maybe. Pops died the day we took it Iraq.part deux, March 19, 2003.

Pop was also in Nam in the Navy. After his passing, an aquaintance, revealed his name was part of something something,,agent orange, somethung something, Nam.....what in fact what was told to me, is classified still and I was "illegally" told. This is rumored to something called Project SHAD or Project 112.

My pops died from a rare form of t cell leukemia in 2003. This type cause a cytokinine storm which has been reported recently in Covid. When this occurs your fucked. Your normal white blood cell count goes to 200k and fucks shit up. T cell lymphatic leukemia caused by a virus, originating in two forms, Kenya and Japan.

Also, when finally locating some info on what Project Shad was or is, blah blah, found out that a bunch of that information was potentially destroyed in attack on the Penatagon, archives were located in some of the inner ring Navy offices.

I wish I could make a story like this. Personally its been a living hell. I still get profiled and have weird shit happen. This could be much longer, lol..

Bottomline, I loved my service and my soldiers. Huah!
You were in during some good years. Sorry about your poppa. Bummer about special operations, it’s another world.

Suspect there will always be things that aren’t declassified from all the wars.

Oreguhnism

Really Active Member
You were in during some good years. Sorry about your poppa. Bummer about special operations, it’s another world.

Suspect there will always be things that aren’t declassified from all the wars.
Lets just say I ended up there, just off the books, thats just how it goes sometimes in the shit. Did I also mention ties to School of the Americas in Benning.....

My best friend growing up was Marc Lee, a SEAL killed in Fallujah in 06? He was awarded the medal of honor, i believe posthumously.
His pops and my pops were Nam buddies and unfortunately the father turned the gun on himself, a few years before Marc and I had joined the service.
I watched a Joe Rogan podcast the other day with his commander, Willik? Crazy to hear about him and his team on youtube.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Lets just say I ended up there, just off the books, thats just how it goes sometimes in the shit. Did I also mention ties to School of the Americas in Benning.....

My best friend growing up was Marc Lee, a SEAL killed in Fallujah in 06? He was awarded the medal of honor, i believe posthumously.
His pops and my pops were Nam buddies and unfortunately the father turned the gun on himself, a few years before Marc and I had joined the service.
I watched a Joe Rogan podcast the other day with his commander, Willik? Crazy to hear about him and his team on youtube.
August 2 2006. Ramadi.

I squeezed several deployments into a short period of time by being off cycle, augmented with several units I wasn’t in. That’s how things went then, attach yourself to units you want to be with ha.