Vegetable Gardens ??

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Looks like a nice sunny spot. Beautiful day today.....eh?
WE have had 5 days of 60ish sunny weather. the yard came today and most of it is in there. I dug out that clay shit soil and used landscape fabric and filled it back up with that. I fell and stopped on my thumb BUT i didnt jam a rose stem on me and i will take a fucked up thumb any day.
Behind those boxes i will plant sunflowers for bees and pollinators to help out.

The seed should be here this week. I ordered a 5 feet of peat moss and will mix some in the soil to loosen it up.

I am more tanned than usual...i have a good bloom room base tan

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
What are good fence crops ?

I want to grow zuchini and the pickling cucumbers are there other ones ?

:)

I have about 40 feet of fence i can trellis as needed
I was looking at your seed bucket and at first glance I thought you had some climbers but you don't really. Boston Picklers are good. You could also train your eggplants or melons on there. Your can tie tomatoes to the fence like jesus too. Spahgetti, Acorn, Butternut squash, can also be trained. I'm looking for some spahgetti squash seeds now. I love that shit!
You might need more seeds.
:)

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
i will order some climbing stuff....so every seedbank in canada is not taking orders for 2 weeks due to overwhelming demand.

I would go to the store but i will not do the cattle walk for anything except for hospital emerg.. So i will bide my time. I found my pack of strawberry seeds ! :D So there are those too.

I will build stairs or something to hold the plants against the fence. Melons and zuchini over there maybe.

I am taking a break today then i build a 2 x 4 bed...maybe 2 of them. I have peppers to grow too (Sweet peppers).

I will grow a garden every year after this. Why not. All of these plants give me seeds for next year. It is almost free.

Worms are on the way in 2 weeks or so. I will figure out what to build for them soon. I can keep them in a tote in the garage where it is a little cooler.

Geeze dirt got exciting again. Digging in dirt.

The dog is hilarious...she thinks i made them for her to have cage matches with other little dogs or something.

I got 100 feet of 3 foot chicken wire too. I will put that up when i get planting.

Last edited:
I've got my peppers going in my basement with two 315 watt CMH going to keep it warm, I'm in the midwest. So far the sweet pepper standout in vigor is not my beloved Carmen, its actually the Takara. That's got me excited for these ones! The hot pepper standout so far is Hot Paper Lanterns. These things are going to be big.