UVB?

Joebud

Insanely Active Member
Check Black Dog led. They have done all the research already. Let me know what you find.

Buddernugs

Full send….always
Thank you I’ll check them out,
Ya I have heard that too about uva but I keep stumbling across hear and their articles about 280-290 wave lengths being ideal

Buddernugs

Full send….always
Also confused about hangs heights, Cali light works says 3 feet above canopy ( non tent friendly) and Shane’s MIGROW uvb is 18-24 inches above canopy

D

Deleted member 2835

If you're going to be spending money on electricity outdoors why not put a couple of fans on them instead

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
1696396959880.png
Perfect light would be the exact wave length of the Mcree Curve on top, which will give you what is natural for photosynthesis to work properly. We've been "tweaking" our lights to get as close as we can, but the UVA and UVB only in recent years has become important. I think we all knew something was missing in the LED tech in mimicking the sun. The 660 reds and the 730 far red helped.
The led UV's were expensive and few worked with them, only UV bulbs manufacturers like Reptisun.
Wavelengths start around 310-380nm. (Migro is close to this I think)
Most "full spectrum" lights are 380-730.

I have the Agro Max 4ft Pure UV T5 bulbs.
I never use them anymore.
1696398030584.png
The low end 300-380nm gets sketchy because the info is not there,
so light makers draw imaginary lines to fill it in.

Last edited:

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
I have been using solarcure UVB 4 foot fluorescent for years now. Not cheap but well worth it for me. More frost and no more fungus gnats since I started using. Left one tent with out the lights and frost was much less so all have them now. Use them 6 hours a day while lights on 2 per tent. These guys only make UV which I like

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I have been using solarcure UVB 4 foot fluorescent for years now. Not cheap but well worth it for me. More frost and no more fungus gnats since I started using. Left one tent with out the lights and frost was much less so all have them now. Use them 6 hours a day while lights on 2 per tent. These guys only make UV which I like
How far are you from canopy and what wattage?
I might have to break mine back out. I bought some 5 watt leds from 310- 380nm to add to my mix. I haven't really been working on lighting for about a year. Planning on creating another light with as much of the spectrum as I can afford. UV led's are expensive.
I've used the O3 generators too. The Mcree Curve shows a tiny bit in the spectrum.

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
How far are you from canopy and what wattage?
I might have to break mine back out. I bought some 5 watt leds from 310- 380nm to add to my mix. I haven't really been working on lighting for about a year. Planning on creating another light with as much of the spectrum as I can afford. UV led's are expensive.
I've used the O3 generators too. The Mcree Curve shows a tiny bit in the spectrum.
I run them about 24 inches but but they often get down around 12 inches late in bloom I use 2 per tent.
I use a standard 32 watt 4 foot fixture but they can be powered from 25 to 80 watts for special uses. These tubes have built in reflectors so you need to orient them with writing down. They are much much stronger than reptile lights.

I used to build high powered led flashlights along with specialty 256nm UV flashlights for blood detection and small cure jobs. I found using UV chips can be costly adding to lights.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I run them about 24 inches but but they often get down around 12 inches late in bloom I use 2 per tent.
I use a standard 32 watt 4 foot fixture but they can be powered from 25 to 80 watts for special uses. These tubes have built in reflectors so you need to orient them with writing down. They are much much stronger than reptile lights.

I used to build high powered led flashlights along with specialty 256nm UV flashlights for blood detection and small cure jobs. I found using UV chips can be costly adding to lights.
Yes, those UVB range are expensive.
Mine are Agro Max
I guess they would be 54 watts being a T5
They start at 280nm 75/25% UVB/UVA
1696479391949.png