USPS Flat Rate Shipping - Prices and Examples

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
Here are USPS Flat Rate Shipping Prices for the different size envelopes and boxes. Hopefully someone will find this useful. Flat Rate Shipping cannot exceed 70 lbs. These are all for Domestic Shipments within the US, outside will be priced accordingly. There may be some restrictions that apply, so the price might vary a bit depending on destination.

From the USPS Website:

• Free Package Pickup service at your home or office
  • Includes USPS Tracking® when you ship online and at retail
  • Delivery in 1 to 3 business days.
  • Includes up to $50 of insurance with most shipments (restrictions apply)
  • No surcharges for fuel or residential, rural, and regular Saturday delivery
  • Flat Rate, regional, and prepaid pricing (retail only) available
Priority Express Envelopes are over triple the rate of regular.

I was not able to get an example pic of Medium Box 2, but you get the idea. Everything is free, including the mailing labels!

Regular letter envelopes are 13 oz. max, but they also go through rollers like several of us have negatively experienced. Make sure to protect your stuff if you're sending beans and whatnot!
This should be the cheapest way to mail small-medium sized items. For what it's worth, I tried mailing a non-flat rate box with approximate dimensions of 15" x 17" x 14" and about 4 lbs - it was going to be over $50!! Fed Ex ground was under $11 - LOL! So stay flat rate if you can!

Happy sharing everyone!

Bodyne

PICK YOUR OWN
don't forget, if its any kind of contraband, usps needs a warrant to open first class mail, unless they think its a bomb, the private carriers don't, its in their fine print, if they think they have suspicious packages, they contact leo. Point to ponder. Not to mention, better be safe and vigilant since drumpf announced for all carriers to be on the lookout for chinese fentanyl.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
per my post above, also realize there are some stories out there that even the usps has smartened up a lil bit and they can log ip addys of folks checkin that tracking every 15 mins, lol. That's how they caught the first big china fent distributor. This is a diff story, but same results.
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/05/how-the-usps-targeted-a-drug-dealer-via-his-ip-address/
Good looking out. Excessive checking can raise red flags. Why do that, it's like getting a busy signal on a phone call and immediately dialing back 100x. Only time you do that is to call a radio station to win concert tickets. Plus those big guys should be using at least a VPN.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
yes but be careful, they caught the pedofiles with a flaw in the Tor browser, that I think since been fixed. and the silk road thing. But thats still I think the best one to use if you really want to go the extra mile per internet privacy. Just have to be vigililent no matter what.
No chomo shit here man just weed. And hobby at that. But the feds sometimes treat one and the same which is a damn shame.

spyralout

🌱🌿🌲🔥💨
So I was packing some small boxes and saw "One Rate - Any Weight" on the box :unsure:

- The box's inner diameter is 8.625" x 5.375" x 0.625" = 29 cubic ft.
- Mercury is about 845 lb per cubic ft.
- 29 cubic ft x 845 lb per cubic ft = 2040 lbs.

Theoretically, you could send a TON in that little box.

Stoned Cold Bulldog

So I was packing some small boxes and saw "One Rate - Any Weight" on the box :unsure:

- The box's inner diameter is 8.625" x 5.375" x 0.625" = 29 cubic ft.
- Mercury is about 845 lb per cubic ft.
- 29 cubic ft x 845 lb per cubic ft = 2040 lbs.

Theoretically, you could send a TON in that little box.
did it all the time at the salvage spot/junk yard. we used reinforced tape or the boxes would burst lol.
all manner of heavy metal shit was shipped out. we had to cart the stuff over because they wouldn't pick it up. literally right across the street lol. leave the shop, see some women, grab a snack ...