Upgrade due. Need advice

GCG

Dinosaur
Got some time on my hands and want to upgrade my lights. Space I want to cover is about 4 x 4. Currently have a Nanolux 315 and a Kind 750.
8' ceilings
2 - 6" exhaust fans
A/C direct into area
Humidity can be an issue in summer generally run dehumidifier to mitigate for a couple months off and on.
Love what everyone is doing with the quantam boards. Are those my best option. Ive looked at Spider Farmer and HLG. Seem like similar products with way different pricing.
Also really like the Solistek set up but it's like $1200 and too big for my space
Hard how and expensive would it be to replicate a light like this solistek just like one strip smaller.
!

Gweedo

PICK YOUR OWN
DIY if its an option, i did custom 36 x 46 x frames for my space/tent cost is a dollar a watt coverage and penetration cant be beat, they run really cool, super low profile, and you can customize your spectrum.
There are a few of us here that could help out with a build 😉😉😉🖒🖒🖒20191023_185746.jpg20191024_182957.jpg20191024_182941.jpg20191024_183029.jpg20191024_191108.jpg20191024_191128.jpg20191106_151723.jpg
20191023_185746.jpg20191024_182957.jpg20191024_182941.jpg20191024_183029.jpg20191024_191108.jpg20191024_191128.jpg20191106_151723.jpg

GCG

Dinosaur
Goimg to be really hard holding back now, fuck! Luckily I have a few trips planned that make watering plants impossible so that should help make me not soak any seeds yet. Skiing in CO mid March so after that trip its on.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Got some time on my hands and want to upgrade my lights. Space I want to cover is about 4 x 4. Currently have a Nanolux 315 and a Kind 750.
8' ceilings
2 - 6" exhaust fans
A/C direct into area
Humidity can be an issue in summer generally run dehumidifier to mitigate for a couple months off and on.
Love what everyone is doing with the quantam boards. Are those my best option. Ive looked at Spider Farmer and HLG. Seem like similar products with way different pricing.
Also really like the Solistek set up but it's like $1200 and too big for my space
Hard how and expensive would it be to replicate a light like this solistek just like one strip smaller.
!
Dont no if it been mentioned but i think this wood b perfect for ur space.. Its cheap, easy and get most bang4 buck
2 - 4pacs of hlg QB132'S ( v1's or v2's)
2- lrs-350-36 meanwell drivers

600 watts total
Each driver controls 4 boards wired parrellel
Probably 325-350 bucks for lights and power sources

I had 8 qb132's 600w and another epistar led at 150w = 750watts in a 5x5 and got between 2-3lbs first grow using leds. Got close to 25yrs of experience growing.
Just my suggestion if ur still lookn to buy quantums. I loved them while i had them. Dont have em any longer but will def buy more when back up n going one day.
Good luck just a suggestion and my 2 cents

GCG

Dinosaur
Dont no if it been mentioned but i think this wood b perfect for ur space.. Its cheap, easy and get most bang4 buck
2 - 4pacs of hlg QB132'S ( v1's or v2's)
2- lrs-350-36 meanwell drivers

600 watts total
Each driver controls 4 boards wired parrellel
Probably 325-350 bucks for lights and power sources

I had 8 qb132's 600w and another epistar led at 150w = 750watts in a 5x5 and got between 2-3lbs first grow using leds. Got close to 25yrs of experience growing.
Just my suggestion if ur still lookn to buy quantums. I loved them while i had them. Dont have em any longer but will def buy more when back up n going one day.
Good luck just a suggestion and my 2 cents
Appreciate the help. I ended up buying 480 quantam boards rspec with uv/ir. Basically same light @Jesselikes2Grow posted in this thread. Going to run it with my CMH and see how it goes. Bought 100w household led bulbs to make a veg light and a small one for clones. Want to compare them to my t5's.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
Wow theres a bunch of Bob the Builders here!! I am currently trying to redo my house while living here with a 12 month old baby.
So needless to say, its been slow going the last year.
I finally became a journeyman carpenter @ age 34. It brought twars to my eyes the day he took me aside and told me I'd be getting it early.
After 10 years in the electrical field I decided I needed to feel that sense of accomplishment at the end of a long day. Twisting wires and bending pipe didnt do it for me. Building a light is the same satisfaction!!!
I am a HUGR HLG FANBOY!!
I just biught one qb96 and fabricated a housing for it out of flat stock, sheet metal.
There prices are relatively about 0.75$ per watt. But those 600 watts willbe all that 4x4 space can handle.
The qb132's dont come with a housing to mount it to, but another great option without the reds though.
Good luck with the build and thanks for choosing HLG hahahah

Punisher84

Just some asshole
Do you work for HLG? Lmfao.
And that's funny mang. I've been a carpenter for decades now and there's alot of days I think I should've gone into more electrical. Lmfao.
Hahaha, I been in your boat mang, did all my house remodels while living in it with kids dogs, cats and wife. Lmfao.
Lived in the daughter's playroom for a year while I did the master suite addition. Was a blast. Lmfao.
Haha, she was 1 when I gutted the kitchen and took out the walls etc. Lol, she'd get all upset when she'd see me disappear into the attic hole in the ceiling when I was rewiring the house. Lmfao.
As she's gotten older, 11 now, she helps me with stuff. She's great at filling drywall screwholes with mud. And she can show you how to install ceiling fans, lights, outlets, switches, among other things. Lmfao, she knows as much or more as some of my laborers. Rofl.
I’ll never live in one while remodeling it again. Did that once and learnt my lesson.

Picked up a couple houses to flip recently. Doing one myself and the other 2 I’ve got a local contractor working on. Think they will be done with 2 before I finish the one.

Punisher84

Just some asshole
It takes $$ to make $$
Congrats brother
Thanks, I’m kinda retired, live off some other investment properties.

Bought all 3 at Sheriff sale dirt cheap. Funding everything with a line of credit on a rental I’ve got. Honestly don’t need any of your own money. Plenty of private lenders and guys to loan money to buy investment properties.

Endless supply of rundown houses to buy up for cheap.

GCG

Dinosaur
So I have the 480 boards in the middle the 315 angled at the end. Got a little DIY household led bulb fixture hanging on the side and building another for the other side.
Mix of 100W 2700k and 3000k bulbs. No way I can use all this in the summertime in my little space.
1222191726_HDR.jpg1222191726a_HDR.jpg1222191726b_HDR.jpg

Punisher84

Just some asshole