Uhm... can I use these?????

Lady Zandra

Help! A little assist for the old Lady please!?OK-- I'm not a 'newbie' but I sure as shit know NOTHING about LED's....
And now days, the only bulbs we can get here (instead of compact florescent's which are no longer available) are 100w LED's that look like regular light bulbs and put out white light....
I use cfl's for sprouting/cloning- but they are dying on me-- are the LED's made this way even usable?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Help! A little assist for the old Lady please!?OK-- I'm not a 'newbie' but I sure as shit know NOTHING about LED's....
And now days, the only bulbs we can get here (instead of compact florescent's which are no longer available) are 100w LED's that look like regular light bulbs and put out white light....
I use cfl's for sprouting/cloning- but they are dying on me-- are the LED's made this way even usable?
These LED bulbs aren't like regular bulbs or CFL's. Photosynthesis is driven by Photons of light. The amount of photons are more with LEds. If your led is between 3000K and 6500K, you can use them. If you got the ones with 10,000K, I wouldn't advise. Try raising the light, if your plants look yellow. Hope this helps. Time for you to do some research on your own now. I only point you in a direction to go, the rest is all you. lol
Oh sorry, and yes, you can use those types of bulbs.

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN
Remove the frosted globe, expose the bare leds, your intensity will go up.. There are some good threads on using off the shelf led bulbs..

Lady Zandra

Than
These LED bulbs aren't like regular bulbs or CFL's. Photosynthesis is driven by Photons of light. The amount of photons are more with LEds. If your led is between 3000K and 6500K, you can use them. If you got the ones with 10,000K, I wouldn't advise. Try raising the light, if your plants look yellow. Hope this helps. Time for you to do some research on your own now. I only point you in a direction to go, the rest is all you. lol
Oh sorry, and yes, you can use those types of bulbs.
Thanks hun..
I don't grow with incandescent bulbs- I know better!
I do use CFL's for Sprouting & cloning , but we use HPS for growing...

Had never used LED's but heard good things... and just wondered if these would work the same....

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Than

Thanks hun..
I don't grow with incandescent bulbs- I know better!
I do use CFL's for Sprouting & cloning , but we use HPS for growing...

Had never used LED's but heard good things... and just wondered if these would work the same....
Been messing with LED's for around 4 years. I love them. You can "fine tune" your color spectrum in for any type of growing.

Lady Zandra

I zipped the covers off 3 100w LED 'household bulbs' to replace 3 of the (supposedly) equivalent CFL's..
WOW! WAY more Lumens!!!!!!
Buying more the next time I venture out!