Twisted dying leaves

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
Anyone know what this looks like? I thought it was a calcium deficiency Before they twisted up but now I’m not so sure. It’s only a few of the top leaves and they twisted up like this basically overnight. It’s in a 20 gallon living soil no till that started as soil king big rootz soil amended a tiny bit with kelp, oyster shell, neem meal, crab shell, bokashi
and compost. The plant is Boorilla and I have another of the same clone in another 20 gal no till that isn’t doing this, Everything is the same except that soil I made and it’s a few runs old. This plant was crushing it till about a week ago I noticed what I thought was calcium deficiency. They were at day 38 at that point (Day 43 now) so I figured a flower boost was in order anyway. I top dressed with seabird guano, a tiny bit of langbeinite, some compost and watered with a kiwi ffj. All other plants got the same thing and all are doing great. I’m thinking maybe too much P fucking with Cal or vice versa? I’m about to hit it with a tea and see if that straightens her out. Any ideas are appreciated. 0663A500-1F2D-4402-AC41-4AD7E78A4276.jpeg9953D486-71C8-41C0-A42E-ACC7DE35DFE2.jpeg

curious2garden

Really Active Member
Anyone know what this looks like? I thought it was a calcium deficiency Before they twisted up but now I’m not so sure. It’s only a few of the top leaves and they twisted up like this basically overnight. It’s in a 20 gallon living soil no till that started as soil king big rootz soil amended a tiny bit with kelp, oyster shell, neem meal, crab shell, bokashi
and compost. The plant is Boorilla and I have another of the same clone in another 20 gal no till that isn’t doing this, Everything is the same except that soil I made and it’s a few runs old. This plant was crushing it till about a week ago I noticed what I thought was calcium deficiency. They were at day 38 at that point (Day 43 now) so I figured a flower boost was in order anyway. I top dressed with seabird guano, a tiny bit of langbeinite, some compost and watered with a kiwi ffj. All other plants got the same thing and all are doing great. I’m thinking maybe too much P fucking with Cal or vice versa? I’m about to hit it with a tea and see if that straightens her out. Any ideas are appreciated. View attachment 38521View attachment 38522
Wow, I don't want to like that because it's painful to see and I'm late to the party, but if that was hydro I'm going with a severely acidic pH (assuming it quit transpiration).

TheSpaceFarm

DopeCaveDave
Nope I'm absolutely serious. I can kill philodendrons. I began growing in NFT rails I built. Then when I got comfortable I moved to 50/50 Coco/Xlg Perlite. I think about trying soil but it's relatively complex compared to hydro.
Lol that’s hilarious I feel the exact opposite way. I’ve used soil since day 1 hydro scares me. Even coco scares me lol. I’ve done nothing but organics since I started growing, still am for the most part but just a few months ago decided to try my hand at synthetics for the first time lol.

curious2garden

Really Active Member
Lol that’s hilarious I feel the exact opposite way. I’ve used soil since day 1 hydro scares me. Even coco scares me lol. I’ve done nothing but organics since I started growing, still am for the most part but just a few months ago decided to try my hand at synthetics for the first time lol.
I come from a lab science background, medicine and engineering so hydro feels like home and you can turn it on a dime. Having to finesse soil, with a microherd as a middle man is my definition of hell.

Happy New Year.