Try maintaining HB pheno mom strains in grodan

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
I have currently
1 HB mom strain in dirt
4 HB mom strains in 4” grodan cubes.
I have 39-41 more strains in grodan sheet cubes waiting to pop above ground.
I have 2 choices
4”cubes fed by floraflex
Or take the starter sheet cubes with seedling and go to a 1 or 2 gallon pot filled with the small loose grodan cubes fed by flora flex. If it can’t be done then to dirt it will be.
The bbc will be transferred to the grodan either by potting in grodan or transfer to 4” cube .
mom supplies clones for veg flower.
Once I find the strains I like,
that provide relief to me
The mom pool maintaining requirements will drop
So grow moms
Take clones
Veg flower either
My grow is my own for myself
My time, my flower, my pain relief.
I will be using a dry and curing method for keeping flower over a year or longer . It’s all a beautiful journey attempted.
My body is broken and this is all a 1 man endeavor so peace love to you each and may happiness fill your lives😊🌺

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Many strains almost half have shed their helmets.
burped the dome twice today
a little fan air during inspections.
2 led strips across the dome top for light should prevent stretching.
notice seedlings sprouting true leaves in hours of opening up.
Environmental controls in place
78- 81f twice air out dome daily
16hrs light cycle 4am-10pm
Top down Water feeding only.
No over- handling cube
watch for slight leaf droop
Gh flora 3 part r/o u/v water ph 5.6-5.8
Ppm 150 -200 @73f
Environment control -old ST1R
Top down feed watering oxygen - HB
seedling soaked with H202 - Turpman
Mycorrhizae ready roots- AlienAthena
2”cubes to net pots - yougrowyourway
No over watering
No over handling cubes
Dome comes off soon to prevent fungus or mold after seedlings are up.
Seedling then go with moms
On heatpad under 300w t5.
Thank-you each and all for grower
Help and support. 😊🌺🌈

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Almost all have broke ground and 3 have started that first stretch.
Removed dome from seedlings tray.
Moved seedlings tray to moms room.
300w t5 easy fan
Environmental controlled
72-73 f. 42- 44 %rh.
18 hr light control
18 hour fan control
Moms hand fed tomorrow morning.
Gh flora 3 part 355 ph 5.8
root treatment hydrozyeme.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
Almost all have broke ground and 3 have started that first stretch.
Removed dome from seedlings tray.
Moved seedlings tray to moms room.
300w t5 easy fan
Environmental controlled
72-73 f. 42- 44 %rh.
18 hr light control
18 hour fan control
Moms hand fed tomorrow morning.
Gh flora 3 part 355 ph 5.8
root treatment hydrozyeme.
What made you go with those temps? Ime I have better result in the upper 70s. Just curious about your setup. Everyone has different things that work for you and things that only work in their garden that won't necessarily work the same in another. That variable has always intrigued me.

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Root health seemed more stable at less than 75. Plant field or row seedling Comes early in Feb for end of spring crops. No rain available...just watering from canals. Row crop wicking plants just seem super vital between 64-74 with seedling growth .
farmers who threw hemp rows down in Aug failed with scraggly 1-2 ft attempts.
Farmers throw hemp rows down in end of nov have 3-4 ft hemp trees standing in water ... all grown from seed. Going colder . February is the baseline starts slightly moving up.
I have best seedling results in 41- 59
%rh. stay above 38%rh at all cost.
The outside temp in nov -feb 34-42 lows 58-76 highs.

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Radiant cold 🥶 is up from the concrete foundation floor and walls
The 300w T5 fixture with fan keeps the space at a max mid day temp of 73-74
Lights off & fan off at 10pm the temp ranges down to no lower than 64 with space heating. Humidity remains 49-58.
My heated air is delivered at the floor and rises this draws cool air from the flower grow room which has (2) 70 gal
Water botanicare rezs and a HB 48gal bucket system running all water in that room is at 63 64 degrees. That is where my cold convection source is drawing into the moms room. The heat energy is the t5 of course the fan and cold convection from the grow room
Provides humidity assist well. By 1st weeks of March I’ll be back on the mini split And humidifier and fans .
Oct - May looks best at a preimuim grow cycle. 9months with a 3 light rotation.

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
The BBC that was icu “ dirt in a cup”
Had a 3 teabag “ball of roots”
I cut out some top center and split sides and corners half down the cube to open up a 4” grodan cube with plenty of stiffness integrity.. left.
Soak cube drained then transferred root ball and cut out a cap of of a starter cube for a cap then slight water
To settle her in we will see if she takes off. Looks good after 24 hrs

Attachments

Last edited:

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
So all the others have roots across the bottom of the 4” grodan cube I can’t handle moms in 4” cubes bare roots.
I’m gonna follow heisen example and
Move the moms to the 9” square pots except fill the pots with the loose tiny cubes of grodan. That eliminates over water and gives maximum air to root zone. The starter cube and existing 4” cube moms all can thrive. Yet have excellent handling ability. Covering the tops with panda paper flex-flo underneath no light

Last edited:

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Fan on 24 /7 is drying out the the environment for the seedlings.
Found all starter cubes dry this am
And my hydro pan almost evaporated below the seedlings in less than 36 hrs of full hydration as left.
Going to have to move the seedlings
To a higher level with new led light setup moms stay in the bottom. This morning pics

Attachments

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Removed the t5 300w fixture from the grow space & replaced with a
Hlg550 v2rspec set at 270-300 watts
At 36” above canopy.
Led 270-300watts
24/7 Fan is running on low
69.1 @50.3rh%
Some seedlings still only have a tap root no side rooting yet. If you seeding spins or turns in the hole of the grodan. I am adding KLN &r/o water this evening to the seedlings.
Just a note on strain seedlings feedback.
The only seedling to show over feeding was CWN

Last edited:

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Now this is where while growing seedlings 🌱 the losses can occur.
All is good normal feed routine
Gh 3 part nutes
at 165- 200ppm 5.7 ph
But now we need root horizontal expansion.
I have a gallon 5.7ph Ro Uv water added 3ml of KLN & watered seedlings cubes they were 70% dry. It’s been 2 days with the hlg v2rspec seedlings are starting second node leaf sprouting and still very tight nodal space. But as with seedlings you have gainers and setbacks . It’s just expression of consciousness. Just like each of us. I allow full expression of experience for the plant. My 5 mom plants are going from Nov2019. We are 1day until feb1.
I think 🤔 the potential to experience having 41 HB strain moms is going to be a beautiful life experience all at once. The BrideZilla, GG4 , purple cake, Topanga S1 are ready to give up clones. The BBC has another month to go. Everyone still hand water fed just as the seedlings. Going forward I will be using a digital camera for photos no more phone pics🤨

Last edited:

Bc_ca

Super Active Member
Had to put the T5 300w back in my
Mom seedlings Room temps were too low over the whole day 69.8 with the led. We are back to 73.8 -74.6 with a low of 68 at night. Rh52% looks good for the ladies.
Fed moms again tonight in 4”cubes
331ppm gh 3part & Hygrozyme .
Ph5.7.

Last edited: