TRIPLOIDS... JUST MORE CROP STEERING TOWARDS BIG AG?

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
I'm sure you all heard about the "My Donut Herm'd" conspiracy?
Biggest news since HLVD hit, "You Didn't Catch It From Me".
The "triploid" made by a top teer breeder, had 14 Discourse grower's plants began herming on or around (4-20-2024)
Oh! Wait!
DeJa'Vu!
"Fuck The Fools Day" 2018, :ROFLMAO:
What do you all think?
Seem excessive to me.
coming from one small group of growers.
Be like 14 of us with herms?
Gonna be some hell raised. lol
They made $180,000.00 for 6000 fem seed?
Is this true?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I couldn't quite make out all you posted, but in answer to the thread topic: yes, yes it is.

It's designed to make sterile plants so even if they herm they don't seed the crop. It's vascectomy weed. Or more accurately eunuch weed. Taking away the ability to breed in exchange for beefing up the weight.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
CSI Humbolt is playing that game and I bet they have a good industry approved description on their site, but you can read between the lines.

Phillip Morris wants triploid autos and a legal rec market.

Weedkiller

Dazed and confused
I guess I can see that. Who else but big tobacco, especially since smoking has lost favor. I strongly believe the fed I'd dragging their feet on legalization so the right people own the business. I think it's sad as fuck

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
especially since smoking has lost favor.
That's what they have spray-on terps for.

Every person growing or breeding autos, especially inddoors, is just doing free testing for when big tobacco can get into the game.

If you are too far north to grow a regular plant outside - grow inside, or find another strain. Auto's are never the answer.

You can take one off Heisen's fem beans and start the bitch at 12/12. As soon as she is mature it will flower - automatically - with no ruderalis involved. You are still gonna have plants that take 8-10 weeks or more in flower unlike autos, but you have quality weed at the end. And you are using 6 hours less electricity per day grow better weed. It's a no-brainer.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
1715382140399.png
This is what they are trying to sell.

And we all know that THC testing means very little unless you are looking for a strain that has none.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
See how many "we're not really evil" things you can find in this statement...

"So, what are the benefits of triploid cannabis?
Triploid cannabis produces a more robust and flavorful bud, leading to larger yields and higher levels of THC. This means that growers can expect a larger and more potent harvest. Additionally, triploid cannabis has a shorter flowering stage by 5-10 days, reducing the carbon footprint of each crop cycle. Other potential benefits include an increase in fresh frozen extraction and disease resistance.

While triploid breeding may be new to the cannabis industry, it has been successfully utilized in other crops since the early 1900s. Humboldt Seed Company is following in the footsteps of successful grape, watermelon, banana, and hops breeders, bringing time-tested scientific tools to the world of traditional cannabis breeding.

If you’re a grower looking to elevate your yields and enhance the potency of your harvest, triploid cannabis is the future you’ve been waiting for."

It's the process they use to make those tasteless seedless watermelons that aren't really seedless but have those little white pips all through them - just like late-herm-seeded weed gets all those immature little white seeds.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
"Triploid cannabis seeds are created by inducing a third set of chromosomes in the plant through natural reproduction. This is achieved by exposing one plant to an organic chemical compound commonly found in Crocus flower bulbs called colchicine. Colchicine disrupts cell division, creating plants with four chromosomes. These tetraploid plants are then bred with ‘normal’ diploid plants with two chromosomes. The resulting seed offspring all contain three chromosomes (triploid) and are 99% sterile."

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Note that the chemical compound colchicine is found in crocus bulbs - but that ain't where they get it.

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
I couldn't quite make out all you posted, but in answer to the thread topic: yes, yes it is.

It's designed to make sterile plants so even if they herm they don't seed the crop. It's vascectomy weed. Or more accurately eunuch weed. Taking away the ability to breed in exchange for beefing up the weight.
LOL
I was basically making fun of Humbolt for getting upset because they got "called out" on their BS seed they've now spread to the world via "Spannabis" and social media content creators. They knew a possibility for herms would be happening because Dark Heart warned them, but they went for the 180 grand anyway, knowing only a handful of growers would complain. Most of those seeds are sitting in grower's frigs never to be ran for years. That's what "seed collectors" do. They just didn't care; they know how the game is being played. I don't trust any of these people. They are in it for the $$$ only. They probably don't even get their hands dirty anymore. Someone else grows their seed out. They just take the credit for them.
This is a major "eye opener" turning point for sure, they should have never responded on a podcast. They shot themselves in the foot for that one. Hahaha! Dumbasses!
They are blaming poor old Rob (Cltv) for getting this all started.
I like Rob, he seems like a decent guy for being a Youtube content creator.
He brought it to light because there was no response from Humbolt.
They say it's "grower error". That's bullshit!
Humbolt should get the Guiness award" for the most herms from one batch of seeds ever. lol
Why do I feel this was sort of, "uncaringly" planned, but backfired?
Ah hell, what would I know? I'm just a "hic grower" from rural America. lol

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I don't think the triploid thing and herms are necessarily related - sounds like they just made a shit selection (or had no choice) and it would have been hermie trash as a diploid too.

As far as people growing out the herms I would, just to see if the sterile thing was bullshit. Sure, you might not end up with seeded weed, but nanner-weed is as bad or worse. Like really hairy weed it's just more stuff you don't want to smoke that is included in the weed.

When you hear any breeder talking about the things they are selecting for, there's your clue. If they are breeding for triploid, or purple, or blueberry, or tall plants, or anything but EFFECT, chances are you are gonna get what they advertise. And it may or may not be what you smoke weed for.

There are a few breeders that I avoid because they are great breeders that make specific types of selections that I don't enjoy. Irie has lots of nervous weed. Real heart-racy, "was that someone pulling in the driveway :oops: ???" type weed.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
LOL
I was basically making fun of Humbolt for getting upset because they got "called out" on their BS seed they've now spread to the world via "Spannabis" and social media content creators. They knew a possibility for herms would be happening because Dark Heart warned them, but they went for the 180 grand anyway, knowing only a handful of growers would complain. Most of those seeds are sitting in grower's frigs never to be ran for years. That's what "seed collectors" do. They just didn't care; they know how the game is being played. I don't trust any of these people. They are in it for the $$$ only. They probably don't even get their hands dirty anymore. Someone else grows their seed out. They just take the credit for them.
This is a major "eye opener" turning point for sure, they should have never responded on a podcast. They shot themselves in the foot for that one. Hahaha! Dumbasses!
They are blaming poor old Rob (Cltv) for getting this all started.
I like Rob, he seems like a decent guy for being a Youtube content creator.
Humbolt should get the Guiness award" for the most herms from one batch of seeds ever. lol
Why do I feel this was sort of, "uncaringly" planned, but backfired?
Ah hell, what would I know? I'm just a "hic grower" from rural America. lol
Just watch.....
There will b more emails sent out to everyone from gps saying hes taking back control of his empire, from back stabbing employees,
and is releasing worlds best, strongest, fastest finishing,
Feminized Triploid -autoflower -hemp Stardawg crosses from greenpoint , and is looking for tester's @50 a seed...lol

When you're talking bout the breeders taking advantage of people, the greed, and having others grow to test your gear , sure sounds alot like Gu to me...
✌

NoWaistedSpace

PICK YOUR OWN
I don't think the triploid thing and herms are necessarily related - sounds like they just made a shit selection (or had no choice) and it would have been hermie trash as a diploid too.

As far as people growing out the herms I would, just to see if the sterile thing was bullshit. Sure, you might not end up with seeded weed, but nanner-weed is as bad or worse. Like really hairy weed it's just more stuff you don't want to smoke that is included in the weed.

When you hear any breeder talking about the things they are selecting for, there's your clue. If they are breeding for triploid, or purple, or blueberry, or tall plants, or anything but EFFECT, chances are you are gonna get what they advertise. And it may or may not be what you smoke weed for.

There are a few breeders that I avoid because they are great breeders that make specific types of selections that I don't enjoy. Irie has lots of nervous weed. Real heart-racy, "was that someone pulling in the driveway :oops: ???" type weed.
Some of the growers got seeds forming that's going ahead and finishing them. Sterile seeds are useless, so I ask why create something like this in the first place.
That affects quality and weight. It for commercial production, in my opinion.
It's just another angle to suck from the naive growers.
They shouldn't have released an "inferior" product to the masses.
They chose to sell them, now for the consequences.
They'll be fine, might cost them a couple thousand in refunds from 180 grand.
Not bad.
It's more of an embarrassment to them than anything.

Tell you what,
I'm impressed with the seed from PDX(?)
So some of us has some herm issues.
Shit happens.
They weren't 30 bucks/seed either.
God! I would be pissed if I paid that much for seeds and got bad results. lol

Last edited:

1oldfart

Insanely Active Member
Some of the growers got seeds forming that's going ahead and finishing them. Sterile seeds are useless, so I ask why create something like this in the first place.
That affects quality and weight. It for commercial production, in my opinion.
It's just another angle to suck from the naive growers.
They shouldn't have released an "inferior" product to the masses.
They chose to sell them, now for the consequences.
They'll be fine, might cost them a couple thousand in refunds from 180 grand.
Not bad.
It's more of an embarrassment to them than anything.

Tell you what,
I'm impressed with the seed from PDX(?)
So some of us has some herm issues.
Shit happens.
They weren't 30 bucks/seed either.
God! I would be pissed if I paid that much for seeds and got bad results. lol
@ NoWaistedSpace that makes two of us,i just hate to see big pharma , big ag ,or rj renolds they need to go back to where they came from.as for pdx i won't complaine there is some real good weed in there line in fact i have a full line up of those beans that are about 4 inches tall soon need up poted!