Transplanting in ground through fabric pots

Fiddler's Green

Just a regular vato
I'm trying something new this year to see if I can create an easier method for myself to sex, keep any males to collect pollen, extend flower indoors to unripe plants, and protect from gophers.

I started the plants (indoors) in April and pruned them to create 4-8 even branches in 2 gal fabric pots. In June, I took 3 cuts of each and brought the fabric pots outside. Using rapid rooters upside down in a seedling tray (so I can see the roots peek out of the sides since they don't sit flush in the tray hiding), I transplanted one clones into 1/2 gal pots to use as a backup and the rest go 12/12 to sex. Earlier this month I "transplanted" my 2 gal fabric pots 2/3 deep into ammended holes big enough to fit a 5 gal bucket.

After all that said, has anyone else tried it with success? Is it worth it?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'm trying something new this year to see if I can create an easier method for myself to sex, keep any males to collect pollen, extend flower indoors to unripe plants, and protect from gophers.

I started the plants (indoors) in April and pruned them to create 4-8 even branches in 2 gal fabric pots. In June, I took 3 cuts of each and brought the fabric pots outside. Using rapid rooters upside down in a seedling tray (so I can see the roots peek out of the sides since they don't sit flush in the tray hiding), I transplanted one clones into 1/2 gal pots to use as a backup and the rest go 12/12 to sex. Earlier this month I "transplanted" my 2 gal fabric pots 2/3 deep into ammended holes big enough to fit a 5 gal bucket.

After all that said, has anyone else tried it with success? Is it worth it?
I plant my tomatoes like that. and just learned something after culling one. The roots definitely made it through the pot, but mainly around the seam at the bottom. If you poke holes in the bottom of the pot it'll probably do better.