Thoughts on or reviews of GPS Texas Butter wanted

jpcyan

Really Active Member
Hello everyone,
Just looking for some input on this variety (Texas Butter) from GPS. Only thing I can actually review as of yet is that they arrived perfectly intact, look great, and will soon be put in.

The lineage says (Ghost OGK x Skunk#1/Haze) known as Banana Kush x Stardawg.

So have you ran it? Did you get Banana Kush leaning phenos? Get any interesting phenos you didn't expect?
What were your veg/flower times?
Have any suggestions on style of grow or what the plants characteristic growth patterns you observed ( dominant main cola, wide branching, long thick flowers or popcorn nugs , tall, short, average etc).

Any info appreciated as I work this one into my ever growing collection of wonderful specimens from both breeders and members here in "Paradise"

It sounds fantastic. I hope to find some interesting phenos and choose my fav flavors or attributes.. then get on with the chuckin'.

side note :D
Almost time to sex my Brisco's- Black Mamba and Jelly Pies! ( WC's CBD cherry wine as well)
Have to say my anticipation and excitement is building! This is a fresh start for me, (took a couple yrs off, I'm still smokin on that last stash hehe), and the potential for so many new flavors and eventually X's is a wonderful feeling.

Thanks all.
keep it green ;)

TrichsRus

Super vigorous and huge. I got 2 phenos. 1 was a purpley with arm sized colas, rock-hard buds. The flavor and scent was real faint. Had the stardawg flavor( kindof fruity...). Potency was pretty good, as all the GPS beans have been, but it wasnt s keeper. 2nd pheno was green, kindof airy, larfy buds. Looked really different from pheno 1. It smelled of over ripe bananas, but was really faint. It was equally good, no mold. Both chopped around 9 weeks( which most of the gps I had were 12 weekers). Jelly pie and lucky 7s were my only 8 weekers.

Amos Otis

Brisco's Bargain Beans
I went through a pack 3 and 4 at a time, and got 5 females. 4 were similar - good yield and potency but nothing special taste/smell wise, finishing a minimum 10 weeks. The 5th and last was the best. Shorter, less yield, good potency that was done at 60 days. Not much smell, but a nice banana muffin taste for about half a joint. Fortunately I took clones.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Thanks again @ thenotsoesoteric, Ive quickly learned to take your advice to heart, I will check those out :)

Thanks for the reply@ TrichsRus! Interesting and informative on your experience. Good stuff, appreciated!
I tried to find that one on IG for you but I couldn't find it, it might have been someone with the name like frostedrails or soemthing like that.

jpcyan

Really Active Member
I tried to find that one on IG for you but I couldn't find it, it might have been someone with the name like frostedrails or soemthing like that.
:) Appreciate the effort man. Nice of you. I will take a look around. Im not on there but I have checked it out in the past.

Shorter, less yield, good potency that was done at 60 days. Not much smell, but a nice banana muffin taste for about half a joint. Fortunately I took clones.
That would be quite nice! Im really not used to such long flower periods. I guess working with mostly 45-55 day varieties from choice clones and X's for years has spoiled me. But I will give it a go, I'm in no rush as in the past. :) Thanks for your input.

That reminds me I need to visit PaulDC, like pretty dang quick for your special super duper dealy thing.

jpcyan

Really Active Member
Thanks Main Cola! haha I would have never found that. why? Ive never even looked at Insta Grm. I thought you meant the InternationalCan (IC) forums. My eyes are not great.. lol That is beautiful, I would love to find one of similar qualities in my pack!. yummy!

As far as social media, Here, my fav myco site and now only occssionaly RIU.. thats the extent of my presence online hehe. Oh and once in a while a pretty girl I know will tell me to look at her new photo on FB lol. Yes ofc I do! Thats her smoking shisha from a hookah somewhere in the Carpathians in my avatar. :love:

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
I know these aren’t the ones from ig you were talking about but I did have them on there here is some shots of the Texas butter I ran

8E14DD75-2EB9-4567-A04B-5B5FE2318177.jpeg42344A9C-7300-4EB5-B78F-46E6A2F923BA.jpegFB79E0C6-0B16-4238-B664-4CC3CE5BB956.jpeg42CB9129-56B1-4E2A-9553-3BD6BFC43E45.jpeg
This one was earlier in flower before it turned full purple
D57CF0C5-1683-412A-860C-3AE5C435817E.jpegE9FCAFDC-53F6-4469-89E9-E980117A0471.jpeg8A54E3A4-49D3-4549-95D6-41D510302C5E.jpeg

Hello everyone,
Just looking for some input on this variety (Texas Butter) from GPS. Only thing I can actually review as of yet is that they arrived perfectly intact, look great, and will soon be put in.

The lineage says (Ghost OGK x Skunk#1/Haze) known as Banana Kush x Stardawg.

So have you ran it? Did you get Banana Kush leaning phenos? Get any interesting phenos you didn't expect?
What were your veg/flower times?
Have any suggestions on style of grow or what the plants characteristic growth patterns you observed ( dominant main cola, wide branching, long thick flowers or popcorn nugs , tall, short, average etc).

Any info appreciated as I work this one into my ever growing collection of wonderful specimens from both breeders and members here in "Paradise"

It sounds fantastic. I hope to find some interesting phenos and choose my fav flavors or attributes.. then get on with the chuckin'.

side note :D
Almost time to sex my Brisco's- Black Mamba and Jelly Pies! ( WC's CBD cherry wine as well)
Have to say my anticipation and excitement is building! This is a fresh start for me, (took a couple yrs off, I'm still smokin on that last stash hehe), and the potential for so many new flavors and eventually X's is a wonderful feeling.

Thanks all.
keep it green ;)
It was a nice pheno ran it two or three times if I remember right it leaned towards banana in smell and taste but had chem in there also rius greenpoint thread holds my full review from about a year ago

jpcyan

Really Active Member
Thanks @Evergreengardener, Those are beautiful! Nice dried specimens as well. Appreciate your info. Hoping for some purple and that banana flavor and smell.
Ill take a look at your riu contribution on the gps thread.
Im just waiting for a little cooler weather before I start these and the Cowboy Cookies. Along with several others and BBB's Fiona's Crack and orgi f2 and... hehe. . Gonna be a busy fall/ winter (y) And I wont mind that extra heat from the 1Khps. Just too damn hot atm.

Evergreengardener

Agronomist,
Thanks @Evergreengardener, Those are beautiful! Nice dried specimens as well. Appreciate your info. Hoping for some purple and that banana flavor and smell.
Ill take a look at your riu contribution on the gps thread.
Im just waiting for a little cooler weather before I start these and the Cowboy Cookies. Along with several others and BBB's Fiona's Crack and orgi f2 and... hehe. . Gonna be a busy fall/ winter (y) And I wont mind that extra heat from the 1Khps. Just too damn hot atm.
I ran that orgi f2 as well found me a nice orange flavored pheno with tight hard goji golf ball buds I f3d them with permission from the man himself of course