Things I have learned about growing “HEMP”

20210217_105748.jpg
• The Light. Rule of thumb is 50 watts per sqft. So for great home grown medication, a 200 watt quality light in a 2’x2’ or even a 2.5x2.5 and you will be so happy. Just about ANYONE can get a gram a watt. Keep in mind your light is a long term investment, 5 years and more.
Yes you can have too much. Take a look at https://growlightmeter.com/calculator/ When I started, I tried getting by real cheap. Bad Mistake if you want to save money. I have even grown using the EBay 110v Smart IC Led’s. Don’t waste your 4 mos. using these. They do work but then again any light works. If you are new or not, right now Quantum Boards that use the 301H Led’s (301b is cheaper, H is Horticulture, both work great) is what you should go with. Here is my experience. I used some Cree 3590 Cobs passively cooled in the summer time I had to fight the heat they put out. QB’s took care of all that and still passive cooling. Just like the Cree 3590 Cobs the QB’s make MONSTER NUGS OF MEDICATION. I personally use T5’s for veg and 560 Watts of QB’s that replaced 640 watts of cobs.
• Environment. Around here (Zone 7) in the spring when the temp is around 80 to 82 and there is a breeze is when the most explosive growth happens. Using reflective walls results in using more of the light supplied. Fans moving leaves and from bottom blowing up on the stock. Dehumidifier and a humidifier will be very helpful depending on your setup and how you grow. Don’t forget these also put off heat. Heat rises to the top of the room. So in a Tent air is pulled in on one side at the bottom and blown out at the top on the other side. That is why I like a 8 foot ceiling. Best thing you can do for your grow is try to be consistent in everything. NO SPIKES, temp, humidity and so on. I might run mine at a different temp or humidity level than you and my plants are happy as well. I try run my setup at 82F at 7’ up in the room with a humidity level around 40% to 45%. NEVER NEVER NEVER LET HUMIDITY AND TEMPERATURE LEVELS SWAP or it will start growing mold.
• Everything else is personal preference. Style, pots or bags, soil, coco, clay pebbles, perlite, grow stones and all the different types of hydro. If you have ever grown Tomato’s or house plants then you will be fine.
• Grow and let the genetics take care of your medical needs.