the med cave

inthetrees

Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words man. These LED's are on a whole other level. The CMH's have their place but in this basement space I have the limited head space and excessive stretch on this strain has kicked my ass.

inthetrees

About time for an update...

So as I had posted in the other thread, I had some major issues once I hit week 2 of flower which put me back significantly. I tried switched out the PK booster of Remos with KoolBloom but now I know that choice was a major error. It threw off my ratios so badly that I ended up locked out. 1 week ago I went back to the full Remo line and things starting moving in the right direction again. My roots are back to looking brown but its the stain from the PK booster, not root rot. Before this I was seeing pH dropping like a rock and ppms jumping all over the place.

The LED tent faired much better however the CMH tent took a shit kicking and is way behind. I also roasted the ever living shit out of the tops in the CMH as they stretched far beyond what I thought they would. Anywho things are back to normal finally. Plants are eating like crazy and back to drinking 5+ gallons a day per system.

I had also been running a cheap ebay ppm meter which turns out was waaaaay out to lunch. I grabbed a blue lab EC meter and found that my ebay special was reading almost 250 ppm higher.

I just ordered a full round of Floraflex nutrients as they mix up clear. Nothing against Remo. They are awesome for certain applications. I also have the new Hortibloom 8 bar LED panel showing up in the next week.

Finally have my veg room dialed in and have the In House Genetics Deluxe Sugarcane as well as their Garlic Breath in the veg totes. The cuts i took to index mothers are doing awesome in the FF Ocean Forrest. That soil is the tits.

Here's some pics of the shit show. Like I said, the plants have been through hell and back so it wasn't the perfect run I was hoping for but I'll hit the finish line in 3 weeks time. About 5.5 weeks from flip right now. I've been messing around with plants for a while now but this hydro gig has been a humbling experience to say the least.

Hope everyone is healthy and getting by during the fakedemic. Stay safe fam.

20201018_194357.jpg20201018_194409.jpg20201018_194420.jpg20201018_194458.jpg20201018_194500.jpg20201018_194503.jpg20201018_194510.jpg20201018_194515.jpg20201018_194638.jpg20201018_194645.jpg

inthetrees

Well I ended week 8 as of yesterday. Trichs are all cloudy with some of the phenos having 10 - 15% amber. Co2 cut out last week, and res temps dropped down even more. Having a hard time getting the night temp differential cold enough as my 50 pint dehu adds quite a bit of heat during lights off. Began a 3 day flush as of this morning.

These strains didn't bulk out size-wise in the last few weeks the way I thought they would have but the density is unlike anything I've ever had. Once I dial things in next round there is no doubt they will blow my old 1k's outta the water.

I'd say I spent almost half my time in flower fighting self-induced issues due to my lack of hydro knowledge. That being said, next round will be a whole different story. These buds are so hard that I had to go through and split colas to make sure I wasn't getting any rot. What they lack in size will surely be made up for in weight with the density.

I'd like to run the systems until a majority of amber trichs but I just dont have the time so I'll be chopping this Sunday. It's going to be a fast turn and burn to get the next plants into the systems. I'll veg for maybe 2 - 3 days before flipping the next crop. The pre-veg totes are a nightmare now as the roots are all tangled together. I'll be root pruning during veg next time and once again prior to flip. The plants are all 12"+ since these DWC grow so fast.

All my Floraflex gear will be showing up in time for the next round. Having issues getting the Power Si in Canada as our loser government has yet to approve its use. Too scared to get it shipped from our friends south of the border as apparently it doesn't do well in cold storage conditions.

I found a few keepers in the crowd but unfortunately the Lemonberry ones I want to keep are the clones I lost. Plan is to take out the netpots after chop and attempt to reveg them in the DWC pre-veg totes just until I can get a few cuts.

Hope everyone is healthy and happy :)

-itt

20201105_160536.jpg20201105_160546.jpg20201105_160552.jpg20201105_160604.jpg20201105_160619.jpg20201105_160638.jpg20201105_160729.jpg20201105_160846.jpg

inthetrees

Hey everyone... Been laying lower than usual lately. Didn't realize it's been over a month since I posted.

The first round came down good. Ended up running the tents to 9.5 weeks and then chopped. Walked away with 6 lb 5 oz total. There was only about 5 or 6 oz of smaller bud, and the rest was mega dense. Anything close to popcorn or larf went into the trim bags and wasn't included in the total weight. The Lemonberry had about 25% more weight than the Orange Velvet.

As planned, I got rid of the tents and opened up the room. VPD is much easier to attain now. Upon tear down of the systems it was clear that there was some root issues going on due to the density and displacement in the buckets. The roots were definitely stained from the Remo nutrients, however the centers of the root mass had some gross brown buildup. Just too much roots and not enough volume.

Switched to the full line of Floraflex nutrients and added in monosylicic from Grotek. Power Si isn't available in Canada and apparently its NFG in undercurrent and the Grotek is 1/3 the cost. I was using it as a foliar as well in an attempt to limit the stretch but that didn't seem to work. I've still got 6 - 8' plants. Ended up dialing down the panels to 60%.

Today marks the end of week 3 of flower. I decided to try this Schwazzing (or whatever tf its called) method that I've been reading so much about, so 2 days ago the girls got a full defoliation. I'll post pics of the room up later today but I've included a few pics of the room prior to the haircuts. So far everything is rocking along. Theres a few decent prospects in the mix so far, however there's still the runts that will affect the final numbers. Next round I'll be running from clone and should finally hit the digits I'm working towards.

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping safe,
-itt

Attachments

inthetrees

Few days late but here's some pics from the Schwazzing. I had a "wtf did I just do" moment after I finished it but the plants have really responded well and the IHG seems fairly stable as I had no herm pre-flowers pop up afterwards. The last 2 pics above are the pre-defoliation.

The aftermath...

20201217_132713.jpg20201217_132720.jpg20201217_132724.jpg20201217_132729.jpg

1 week later...

20201222_172114.jpg20201222_172121.jpg20201222_172128.jpg20201222_172139.jpg20201222_172105.jpg

Streetpro09

Tester
That's one step I've been very hesitatent to take. Yours look like shit. 😉.

Looks like they bounced right back. I'll have to get more courageous and see what happens myself.

Edit : didn't mean to be so harsh. Geuss its still early. 🤣😂🤣

Last edited:

inthetrees

Hahaha all good man, it made me laugh. Idk its weird how the leaves grow back allot smaller; no big fans. I read that this would happen, especially if your running high levels of lighting.

Next round at least I'll be working with clones so I can have some stability to do a half-assed side by side with selective pruning versus a full strip. See what the difference is like.