The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I'll have to try that. Mine usually get flipped i the 40-50 day range from when the sprout breaks soil.
Make your life simpler. Count days from getting beans wet vs sprout, snipping clones vs rooted, or flip-day vs showing pistils. It makes things a lot more consistent, and if a strain takes longer for a seed to sprout, a clone to root, or to show pistils after flip it's all part of that genetics.

If something takes longer to do any of those you are just 'adjusting the starting line' for the race. No credit given for those that pop on day 2 or root in 5 days etc.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
All of these are getting chunky. The UK Cheese smells great, and being that it's a skunk I'm surprised at the lanky leaves. The Superskunk I grew for a while had Yuuuuuuge fat leaves. Everything is entering week 10 and the 007up back right (hidden) is the only one that looks close. The ChemD shows why it is preferred over the Chemdog from a growing standpoint. Beautiful upside-down plump strawberries for buds.
IMG_6827.JPG
Fuck waiting, both the Orgi were growing fine. If one is smaller at the finish so be it. The two I flipped yesterday already look to be stretching.
IMG_6829.JPG
And with the closet empty the plan is to get pots ready for these and they go right into 5gals. Working on that today. All but the Cement Shoes I redropped have plenty of roots to the cup bottom.
IMG_6823.JPG

The plan is to have 6 in the closet and two in the mini tent. I'll wait on the Querkle and Cement Shoes, but once everything is in 5gal's I'll have the fems in the mini tent. 65w for each plant and if they are slower that's fine. I know they are girlies. If anything grows faster I want it to be the regs so I can get them sexed.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The other thing I did yesterday was feed them a trim tea. I took all the fans I pulled from the Vin Santo and put them in a food processor then in a bucket with RO to bubble for the afternoon. I added 5ml/gal Lactic Acid Bacteria juice which has a small amount of brown sugar in it but nothing else.

I ran it through a kitchen oil filter (coffee filter but more coarse) and ended up with brownish/green water with about 250ppm of something.

Those pics of the BCL and Orgi are from this morning. They apparently loved it. Can't tell anything on the late-flower plants but I'm encouraged.

I wonder if there's a difference in fresh new leaves from defoliating a younger plant, and those from a harvest. :unsure:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I used to love smoking and BBQ-ing but just for myself, and being a stoner... keeping a smoker going is hit or miss. The first rule was always go big. Make it worth the effort and plan the leftovers. But keeping coals going for 12-24 hrs is at the minimum a chore with a wide variety of outcomes. IMG_6830.JPG
So far I'm liking this stoner friendly electric smoker. Little 2lb pork butt chunk with a THC salt and THC sugar spice rub. Johnsonville brats getting some smoke as well as some corn and the beginning of a chipotle spice rub for next time.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I had some sliced medium-to-hot peppers already on the dehydrator and those are in a little aluminum foil tray. Since I had room I snipped all the ripe peppers and tossing them in.

None of those veggie things need a lot of time in the smoke, so every time I add wood chips I can rotate stuff and experiment with more stuff. Like I have a jar of paprika that I rarely use, but if itwas smoked paprika I would add use it more. Maybe smoke some burgers for re-heating later.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So it takes about an hour to boil out the water from the water-tray. How into it I want to get wil be centered around that. You could get crazy doing new stuff every hour adding stuff to the water or the wood chips.
IMG_6831.JPG
I think the peppers will go back on the dehydrator untill crispy then get ground up fine.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Took down the Vin Santo and the Chemdog. The Chemdog was beginning to show a few nanners so I hope it was fairly close. Nine weeks and a day for all 4. I think shifting to the higher powered light late flower was probably a bad move. Added the reds, blues, UV...
The Chemdog will be around 2oz dry. Fat chunky buds all the way to the bottom.
IMG_6833.JPG
The Vin Santo should be an ounce or so each. 130g, 135g, and the purple, spread out one was 145g wet
IMG_6832.JPG
First time ever. I watered my pots after harvest :ROFLMAO: I may take the one on the right with the good cover crop and do one direct transplant. Depends how it looks after I mow. I have the big pot of soil that's ready for the new plants, but it was in the big pot because I was dumping a 15g and three 7g with the others. IMG_6834.JPG
With the 5gal I am going to keep the pot wet for a month by the window, feed the worms, and let the cover crop do what it wants. Those will be the pots for the next drop and the roots will have had time to compost. Three plants are left to harvest from the first run soil, I need 8 pots for this run (until I cull males) so the next drop would be set with old pots. I don't know how many I'll get out of the big pot but I think a rotation of 5g pots is do-able. I'll just add some Craft Blend for a top dressing then just give each one a month to let the worms do their thing. I'm thinking about burying the old cover crops with new compost then a mulch layer then waiting until I drop the new plant in to add the cover crop.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Scooped out each worm feeder with a load of the soil under it.
IMG_6842.JPG
There's a herd for each pot
IMG_6843.JPG
6 fit perfectly but not with plant caddies. Gonna have to watch close with the little plants in big pots, but the main issue would be them drying out around the plant. Spraying the top with a garden sprayer to keep the worms moist should remove that fear.
IMG_6845.JPG
These two haven't gotten there yet. I don't want the cup soil crumbling during the transplant because there's not enough roots to hold it together. Sharp serrations on the Cement Shoes already. The CBD will probably flip at some point...
IMG_6846.JPG
I think this is gonna fill up just with these 4.
IMG_6848.JPG
And this is gonna empty before the next batch is ready to flip. The ChemD went dark tonight, but the others are not quite there. Leaf ambers on both though. I killed two of the QBs and one fan.
IMG_6849.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So far the up-pots are loving it. Giving them a light spray daily with the RO just to keep the rice-hulls and cover-crop seeds moist. The pots were fairly moist at the start as part of that plan. I don't want to have to soak big pots with itty bitty plants in them. The plastic sides on the pots helps the top-spray maintain the moisture pretty well.
IMG_6860.JPG
The Cement Shoes has already caught up with the Querkle. The Q has been soaked a few times and is drinking fine, but the dirt settled until it only had about half the cup full. The roots were coming out into the second cup so I tried repotting it back in the same cup. A new cup actually, but the same size. I filled another clear cup about halfway with worm castings then transferred it.
IMG_6862.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So using the smaller cups works fine but since there's so little soil it needs to be topped off.

Input temps for the tents are dropping, AC is off. I have the contest drop 12/1, so there's one more drop between now and then.

For them fems I have MK Ultra by TH Seeds - see if the CBD problems were a one-off or if that company needs to stick to podcasts...
Also a MAC1 x Orgi fem that @J.James gifted me a few of.

I have been told the Cherry strains like the Trufflez by Afficionado will do better in the colder season so I will drop 2 for a better shot at a girl. I can then drop 2 more in January if I find out they were both male.

The other 4 plants are Sky Cuddler Kush from Freeborn, Sour Hebrew National from Best Coast, Chocolate Thai Zkittles from Riot and another shot at the Lemony Wicked from Madfarmer

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
BCL 1,2 & OrgiBX2 are all still vegging but will be going to flower very soon.
View attachment 100377
Day 15 of flower for OrgiBX 1 and Dracarys 1& 2. They are still stretching but now look to be focusing more on opening up their flower sites.
View attachment 100378
View attachment 100377View attachment 100378View attachment 100379View attachment 100380
Be warned, the BCL look like they want to stretch a bit. I flipped 4 days ago and they have doubled in size already.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Found a ground beef sale and after freezing a bunch I made some into burgers and fired up the smoker. The first batch of peppers turned out pretty dark but not destroyed. I'm replacing the wood chips every hour and as soon as these look well smoked they'll get pulled and dehydrated. They are all medium/hot and I saved seeds from the little "Mexi-Bell". They are a mildly spicy bell pepper and maybe all I need in bulk in the future. I usually add cayenne to spaghetti sauce, so it could even replace bell's there. Lots of fruit, quick to ripen, thick walls so there's some meat to them, and about half jalapeno spicy. The others are Anahiem, so basically a spicy banana pepper.

The burgers are just coated with a spice rub. The lower ones started as 5oz (quarter-pounder+) and have original Montreal Steak stuff on them, the upper ones are 6oz and have the Montreal "Smokehouse Maple" on them. Those 6 plus the two little meatballs are plain. The lower ones had nothing sweet so I added a tsp of canna-sugar to the top of each one. After the first hour I drained both pans and flipped them. Should mellow the saltiness those generic mixes have a little and I don't really care how much THC sticks in them. Can't hurt...
IMG_6864.JPG

Last edited: