The James Gang

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I keep looking at the tent (pic above) and I think that since there's room, I might as well super-crop the AH. She has real branchy undergrowth as well, and could use a little more room. Since there's room now, I am gonna maker her ugly and even the lights out tonight.

J.James

Seed Slingin' Outlaw
Breeder
I keep looking at the tent (pic above) and I think that since there's room, I might as well super-crop the AH. She has real branchy undergrowth as well, and could use a little more room. Since there's room now, I am gonna maker her ugly and even the lights out tonight.
How far is she into flower?

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Are you going to cut out all the lower stuff or top it?
Neither. She's really airy, big node space, skinny leaves, no shade.

At about canopy level for the bulk of the lower stuff I was just going to bend them over at a 90. I figure if I aim each limb at the one next to it I shouldn't get much downside at all.

Just making it lever with the other taller plants

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
But the tops will stick out past the diameter of the pot, so it needed room to do that. but that will also benefit the lower stuff on her, and I left way more than I should because she kept stretching after I generally stop pruning limbs off.

I should also be able to lower the light some

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Something like this. Bend the red one towards the orange one, orange towards the blue, etc. Make a square.
View attachment 82491
That’s exactly how I super cropped my four tops.

No matter how hard you try to get them lined up, they have a mind of their own and will vary somewhat. Maybe if you could secure them into position somehow they may remain symmetrical.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That’s exactly how I super cropped my four tops.

No matter how hard you try to get them lined up, they have a mind of their own and will vary somewhat. Maybe if you could secure them into position somehow they may remain symmetrical.
Great idea. Securing one to the bend of the next would work, just need to loosen up whatever is securing it so I can shuffle them around and get internode to internode. I hate buds touching LO\L

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Super-cropping 101.5 - Cheaters version.
about 42" from the soil to start
IMG_1833.JPG
The cheat is that many times you will break open the stems anyway - tape them first and you don't have to be careful. And I bent them right where I wanted maybe because off that. Paper bandage tape works great. not much on the adhesive, but it sticks to itself well. Doesn't pull leaves with it when you wrap it.
IMG_1834.JPG
About 30" from the soil now. If I had it to do over I would have gone one node space lower so the lower tops would be above that mess. Might still stretch some.
IMG_1837.JPG
IMG_1836.JPG
I have a little tub of soil that I use to pre-mix the top-feed in before I spread it on the plants. The only soil I use is that seed starter soil, and have been dumping the soil from non-poppers into this as used soil (the seed-soil is fairly cheap for how much I use). And I am pretty thorough about picking through to find the beans and see what happened. Occasionally you don't.

Wonder what that is :ROFLMAO:
IMG_1835.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
But I just had an epiphany and will be excavating the little bugger if I can - how appropriate is it that I am playing with some bag-seeds now?
IMG_1845.JPG
I have committed to not re-using the disposable stuff too much., so I am looking for the perfect one for me. Last one was this size and I would loved to have kept them in it, but the holes in the bottom were too big. I had to repot them after a week because roots were all over the place. I like the size and position of these.

I also did a planned cull on the Homecoming Queen to check status. Both of the smallest ones had a few roots reaching the edge of the pot. They are officially plants now and I can water them LOLIMG_1844.JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The PD are starting to diversify, there are three that are noticably taller. One noticably shorter. All about 10-14" tall
IMG_1839.JPG
The assortment is about 18" on the tall ones. and starting to spread out as well. IMG_1840.JPG

I just happened to get a cool pic of the extremely scientific way I adjust my light height. Notice the shadow on the wall LOL. IMG_1841 (2).JPG
Specs say the light will flower a 3x3, so I adjust it as low as I can get it but so the canopy is all still getting some :)
IMG_1841 (3).JPG

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That’s a keeper. It wants to live. Let it live!
I dug in there with chopsticks to loosen the soil and roots up, and got about a 3" taproot out, but the tip was broken off (no telling how long it was)

I have it in soil and in the dome so this will be a learning thing as well. If they lose the tip of the taproot this early will they die :unsure:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I am trying something different that made trimming go a lot quicker. Three Headed Dragon x Longbottom Fighter by Bad Dawg (Great Lakes freebie)
IMG_1852.JPG
Instead of trimming all that little stuff while hanging on to a whole limb I chopped the bottom two nodes off each limb to start, ran all that stuff through the bowl trimmer. I manicured the others but forgot to get a pic. The four fat tops are more airy, so it'll be interesting to see the comparitive "shrunk" size on both.

73 days, 362g from the lot. Should be right at 3oz dried, and I have a ton of trim after the bowl trimmer, should get a decent amount of keif.