The Gwheels Perpetual Grow...

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Looking good Wheels.
Couple tips on cloning.
Make sure your bubbles are getting the stem wet. I tried the long stones and it wasn’t working for me. Went back to pump and misters.

Another is to put a clear container over wilting clones. Keeps RH very high and gives them a chance to recoup, after getting lobed off. After a few days you can lift an edge then a few more remove. I use 1L poly bulk containers.
I couldn't get any love from my bubble cloner. I was actually having better luck in dirt with a cloche over the cutting. Went to the pumps and misters....what a difference. 15 min... 15 min off.......shit roots quick! One led household bulb, no cover. Most clone without ever browning a leaf.

Attachments

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
That brownie left me so dumb i posted that entire gwheels garden update on esos test page :D Glad i realized it before the 90 minutes had passed lol. I have questions....

Bloom Room...60% RH pretty standard in mine....what is the ideal max temp?
85 is too hot....your buds look like a fox tailing freakshow...I can get it to 75 but i will have to reduce it to about 1000 watts over the 45 feet.

I have already maximized the grow to smoke ratio to the power of 10. So now lets make them healthier and not so fucked up from heat. I am going to hook up the killawatt meter and get things reduced all even like this time and not a twist and a look (thats about right).

75 sounds about perfect....78? What do you think is ideal? Everything but the 315 is adjustable.

Last edited:

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
That brownie left me so dumb i posted that entire gwheels garden update on esos test page :D Glad i realized it before the 90 minutes had passed lol. I have questions....

Bloom Room...60% RH pretty standard in mine....what is the ideal max temp?
85 is too hot....your buds look like a fox tailing freakshow...I can get it to 75 but i will have to reduce it to about 1000 watts over the 45 feet.

I have already maximized the grow to smoke ratio to the power of 10. So now lets make them healthier and not so fucked up from heat. I am going to hook up the killawatt meter and get things reduced all even like this time and not a twist and a look (thats about right).

75 sounds about perfect....78? What do you think is ideal? Everything but the 315 is adjustable.
There is a chart somewhere about the ideal temperature for a given humidity and vice versa. Something about vapor diffusion IIRC.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
That is in flower Jesse?
Can you sex them in veg if you leave them long enough ?
OMG i fealt so knowledgable until sexing and cloning came in. I am great at when the seed is the girl and lets grow it.
but I have 2 banghi haze regs....i really want a boy there because i yearn for sativa heavy make me think and write a book strains.

A boy of that with.....Wedding Night (wedding banging)
Purple Punch (grape daze)

So i gots to know that too. Everything really. I have time I do not expect my interests to change. In 5/10 years i will become a master.

I have that time to devote to mastery...because mediocrity is ok and all.....but i strive for greatness.

View attachment 20377
A lot of plants will throw out preflower pistils or ball sacks at around 3-5 weeks of veg. Some need to be switched to show anything but Id say 60-70% of plants will show preflowers in late veg, once they hit sexually maturity. Just look in the spots heathen showed you! Cheers

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I am down to 80.3 degrees. I did some minor light adjustments. RH is 65 but it is humid in September.
Its dialed in on the VPN chart...some of the flowers do not like it though.
Bloom room is filling out. Bubble buckets water change this morning. That beastly sasquatch bud space gorilla had TDS 1250 MC and BE. I didnt realize it was so strong but wow that plant loved it.
I did put it back to 850TDS in both MC and a pinch of BE.
The space gorilla in the 3 gallon coco pot is a much tamer size. Coco keeps it a little shorter.
DSCF2647.JPG

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
Veg tent The stardawg and OBSM are filling out nicely. Wow that Mars light with bloom and veg on...all 120 watts of red purple splendor!. And it fits a purpose. Stardawg doesnt mind it at all and the OBSM just went in because it fits better in here.
DSCF2658.JPG
Veg Room. The tote Schwaggy Skunky VA. The big one bottom left is A-Dub getting bigger. and then 4 3Thirteen Seeds. I got them mixed up but they are the easiest to tell apart ever
Citrus milf (4 gallon autopot and 3g coco hempy) has that Plemon leaf serration
Purple Primate (5g Coco and a 1,5g pot w coco) do not.
They sell hempy pots at the garden centre but they call it something like a self watering pot. I will give it a go. I seem to keep things healthier in coco.
Although those Schwaggy seeds sure look good too. I have to up the feed soon. I am going to sex them in veg.
DSCF2657.JPG

Space Gorilla 3 gallon coco pot. This works better for me but the buds will never be as big as that bubble bucket. I did abuse this plant to move around the buds a bit for better light penetration.
DSCF2654.JPG
Purple Cake in a 6.5G autopot on the system. Shaping up pretty nice. I hate the stakes....one day i am going to poke myself real good with one. But i break things if i tie them overhead so i want a set of awesome ski goggles for christmas this year and at least i cant take an eye out.
DSCF2656.JPG

1050 watts of light on and i am at 27.2C just before lights out That is 80.6F. That QB 135 pushes me over the top for heat. I might put it back in the tent and just go with less and have a nicer temp. I can hit 78 if i take it out. And that is a pretty good spot to be at.

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I am going to the dollar store later and grabbing balls to go on top of the stakes. Thanks @BigBallzWillie !

First off the harvest of last evening. Tangerine Dream from Barneys Farm...It smelled way more orange 2 weeks ago and now it smells DANK and a lot less orange. I guess 44 grams it is my average. This was 20% amber trichs and day 80 I believe. It looks good and smells like it will work. But it is 15% strain.

DSCF2667.JPG

Garden switch around. I took out the QB135 and put it in my veg tent. The growbox is back and i will use the mars in there to start seedlings.

The bloom room is set at 980 watts of light which gets me right at 80F. As the temps cool i will find a cooler place to pull in suplementary intake air from the basement which is much cooler. I just need one more inline fan!

With the new QB135 if things get full i will flower one in the veg tent. I have a scrog net built for just such an occasion.
Less Blurple more Awesome again! QB135 on 150 watts for now. If the heat gets bad i can dial it in but it extracts pretty good through here (dryer feeds to this tent feeds to the veg room to the bloom room via 4 inch inline fan).
HB Stardawg to the left and Eso OBSM to the right. Stardawg has been topped twice but its so squat its hard to tell how many bud sites. Those 4 k lights keep em really short in veg.
DSCF2668.JPG

And this is 3 gorillas from outer space....I love the smell and the yield will be crazy if i can keep them healthy to the finish line..this is where things get rougher for me :D The 3 gallon coco pot is a full foot shorter than the bubble bucket (and the pot is 6 inches shorter). But the giant ones will fill my jars so i can tie shit up if i have to!

DSCF2670.JPG

Last edited:

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway
I couldn't get any love from my bubble cloner. I was actually having better luck in dirt with a cloche over the cutting. Went to the pumps and misters....what a difference. 15 min... 15 min off.......shit roots quick! One led household bulb, no cover. Most clone without ever browning a leaf.
I have only used misters and absolutely loved them. I'd prefer it over bubblers but was going to build a bubbler cloner, still on the fence with it. Love the cooler cloner too. Seals good and it solid. Why do you feel you weren't getting any love from it? I have the parts for a mister setup in my Amazon cart so I could always switch up.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I have only used misters and absolutely loved them. I'd prefer it over bubblers but was going to build a bubbler cloner, still on the fence with it. Love the cooler cloner too. Seals good and it solid. Why do you feel you weren't getting any love from it? I have the parts for a mister setup in my Amazon cart so I could always switch up.
That cooler, is a mister set up and I love it. 15min on 15 off. I have 2 dubsteps, 1 tomato plant, 4 Bounty Hunters, and 7 forsythia in there right now. ;)
Prior to making that, I made a bubble bucket cloner, and that, I had no luck with. It worked somewhat but was too slow for me.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I am going to check into a mister idea. something a lot smaller and more portable because my grow box is 16 x 28 inch base (30 inches tall).

In the pursuit if good temps without AC I have done a big light change. The 315 CMH was put in my veg room with the 4200 bulb. The 4k board was moved to the bloom room.

I adjusted lighting so its 3k 4k 3k or as close as i can get. Running a total now of 850 watts in the bloom room and finally a solid 79F but my RH is 65%. I would worry BUT i have great airflow and that prevents PM. I just wont crowd it too much and let them have air.
DSCF2694.JPG
Space Gorilla will take 10 weeks at least. Today is week 8 and its got a long way to go.
But nice buds eh...This is the size of a beer can (all the tops are fat and juicy). And I will not pick these buds until i see 20% amber. I will ripen this one all the way. 10 weeks 11 weeks whatever it takes.
DSCF2692.JPG

GMO cake is coming along really nice. It is 44 inches on top of the pot and was put in bloom at 8
DSCF2675.JPG
I forgot...1 pair of A-Dub...the one on the left just went in this morning. The other has been in for about a week.
DSCF2688.JPG

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
So the 315 is a bit warm for the veg room but i can live with warmth there. :D

Veg room is RH 50 Temp 85F Flower Room RH 60 Temp 79.8F. The girls love it better already they look more vibrant. That GMO cake shot up 2 inchs last night. What a long ass funky smelling plant that is. :)

Regarding AC. You have to exhaust it out of the room. Can i get a t-connection for a 4 inch duct and put backdraft dampers on it.

I would rather run 1200 watts and the AC and keep it at 75 RH 50 full cycle. Portable 6000- 10000BTU AC units are like 100 bucks each right now. A great time for a used AC unit.

I took some pics of the Skunky VA. Wow does this ever smell in veg. The 4 stinkiest veg plants i ever had. In the next week or so i think they will show sex. They look like girls to me but i can wait. Swapped out the nutrient tank for TDS 800. One more tank should end the Advanced nutrients product.
DSCF2706.JPG
Veg room hitting 85 with the 315 but the plants are loving it.
DSCF2712.JPG
Stardawg hit the bloom room this morning....should be ready Nov 25 to Dec 1. (Bottom Right)

I gave the OBSM some loving abuse. Lets see how she bounces back :D (bottom Left)
DSCF2714.JPG
I found this in my pile of stuff. I got it for shutoffs and T connectors for the autopots but there are drip emitters and sprinkler heads...Maybe i can get these to work for a misting cloner.
DSCF2716.JPG

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I have to say even though I am not a plant I LOVE the color of a 4k fixture. 4200 315 bulbs make the veg room look better.
Everything looks more lush with that slight blue tint (compared to the slight orange of a 90CRI 3k COB or Board).
I smoked part of a beauty doob this morning....Purple Cake rosin with White Rhino filling. Delicious and thought provoking. The white rhino is really something too. It is sweet. When you take a hit its like there is sugar in your mouth sweet. So very different. And its a strong one too. But add that purple cake rosin and it leads too....

So i built something out of my giant cloner which is too big for me. Something I will use as soon as i id females with Schwaggys seeds!. :D Or one of the many that have not hit coco pots yet. 2 beauties in a scrog filling up a 20 x 36 x tent ASAP!

I call it....the double bubble....A 2 cell bubble tote that can fit in my tent. I will put 2 of something female i have coming up and scrog it in that veg tent under the 4k board start to finish. I will probably add a drain/water level tube and elevate it 3 inches so i can drain it easier without lifting it out. I had an earlier prototype but it lacked something. This one is pretty sweet with 4 air stones running on a 2 port air pump. The pots are 6 litre pots (1.6G)

This bubble bucket holds 7 gallons perfectly. This will grow. And it is 3 inches shorter than a 5 gallon bucket.

And I like bubble buckets...yes its a pain in the ass but you can adjust it NOW....do a water swap with a single bottle of water and they grow TREES! connect 6 of them together and well that is the heisen system in the DIY basically :) That is kind of a better idea...that is the bloom room 2.0 in the future. Right now I am getting in shape doing the bloom room workout every morning. Its like hot yoga but its weed....Since I started really growing (2 hours per morning of tinkering) I have lost 10 pounds :D lol. Its not for everyone...only for the brave.

Attachments

Last edited:

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
So the 315 is a bit warm for the veg room but i can live with warmth there. :D

Veg room is RH 50 Temp 85F Flower Room RH 60 Temp 79.8F. The girls love it better already they look more vibrant. That GMO cake shot up 2 inchs last night. What a long ass funky smelling plant that is. :)

Regarding AC. You have to exhaust it out of the room. Can i get a t-connection for a 4 inch duct and put backdraft dampers on it.

I would rather run 1200 watts and the AC and keep it at 75 RH 50 full cycle. Portable 6000- 10000BTU AC units are like 100 bucks each right now. A great time for a used AC unit.

I took some pics of the Skunky VA. Wow does this ever smell in veg. The 4 stinkiest veg plants i ever had. In the next week or so i think they will show sex. They look like girls to me but i can wait. Swapped out the nutrient tank for TDS 800. One more tank should end the Advanced nutrients product.
View attachment 22745
Veg room hitting 85 with the 315 but the plants are loving it.
View attachment 22744
Stardawg hit the bloom room this morning....should be ready Nov 25 to Dec 1. (Bottom Right)

I gave the OBSM some loving abuse. Lets see how she bounces back :D (bottom Left)
View attachment 22743
I found this in my pile of stuff. I got it for shutoffs and T connectors for the autopots but there are drip emitters and sprinkler heads...Maybe i can get these to work for a misting cloner.
View attachment 22742

These are what I used in my cloner.

yougrowyourway

illgrowmyway

These are what I used in my cloner.
Bought the same ones lmao. The free drill bit sold me on them. 🤣🤣🤣
Looking incredible in here g, loving the dubble bubble. I'm with you, absolutely love bubble buckets.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I left a couple days i came back and some stuff had to be moved. :D Now I remember why i didnt want to fill it so much.
It requires steady balance to get to the back. And i am still vegging some plants that are getting bigger. It is wall to wall but 2 to the left are 14 days from chop at most.
DSCF2722.JPG

Veg room. Things are trucking along here too. Skunky VA really loved the increased nute level in the flood and drain. I hope they show sex before they get HUGE
The 4 pots are all 3Thirteen seeds.
Citrus Milf and Purple Primate. The jagged plemon leaves are pretty cool looking.
DSCF2724.JPG
DSCF2723.JPG
I think a bug or fly is feasting on one of them. I have yellow fly traps and will keep my eyes peeled but i dont see anything. I dont think i was abusive to it. I will keep checking for bugs and if i spot something i will see what is going on.
DSCF2725.JPG
Space Gorilla #2...the wooly mammoth one. Day 60 of 12-12.
DSCF2728.JPG
DSCF2731.JPG

Last edited:

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
In other breaking news...Tangerine Dream Auto by Barneys Farm...yielded a whoppng 31 grams and 1/4 of that is seeds. This is an outdoor plant that was in 3 gallons of soil/perlite mix. It was fed once when it started to flower with a time release feed.
I have never had a seedy auto before but hey...it hermied or something. That whole plant is going in the decarb machine into butter. I tried to smoke it but Tangerine Seeds is not my favorite.
Maybe there is a male plant someplace or it stressed itself outside. Who knows. But I wont be in a hurry to grow any Barneys Farm autos any time soon.

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
Seeds in your auto?? that's noise! wtf

I am an auto fan, but I am really thinking flowering a week old clone is just as fast, maybe faster, more predictable and a better harvest and I am going to move in that direction going forward.

I had a FastDuds blue dream flower with nothing but calyxes and fan leaves, no hairs. Was like blueberry lawn clippings. Waste of time, into the freezer for now. +

And 60 days at that....