THE BROADER SPECTRUM 380-760nm Samsung Strips

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
i use a killawatt

i think the 120 watt driver was right :D the good news is it vegs a 20 x 36 tent better than anything i had before.

Would you run 3 on a 240 ?

and you dont have to dim the driver. The board will only use what it uses. EG if the board is a 240 but you have 3 X 60 watt cobs the killawatt reads 180. Not 240 (driver max)
Sure

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Lrs 350-24
I'm not sure , it's 30$ and it has a voltage screw to lower it ! I like em, no problems yet
Ok, I see what you have. A 350 watt- 24volt driver. I have a 350-48 volt driver. Only difference between yours and mine is I can run 2 strips in series off of each circuit. You can buy these HDS(?) boxes that set your mA's for each particular string. I have 700 and 1000mA for running 660 reds and far reds and 1500mA for blues and full spectrum strips. I have a sunrise to sunset controller that will slowly bring this set on or turn that set off.
I'm a journeyman DIY'er, I have built all kinds of contraptions. LED's are like Legos or the Erector set for light builders. lol
Beware!
It's as addicting as seed collecting.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Growdaddy dude told me to watch maxing out my driver, because it was more thn the boards needed and would just wear them out quicker.

When I was setting it up I had the lux meter out, and when I got the dimmer up to about 3/4 the lumens stopped rising.

Tells me that I can add light strips, and that all of the above is easily checked with cheapo equipment :)

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Looking for someone with some knowledge. If running all 3000k will adding in some 730nm initiate the emerson effect and how much? How much wattage would you use in 730nm for the beginning and end initiator? Looks like the lamps only use 10-30 watts for a 5x5. I imagine led strips would be just as or more efficient. Maybe 2 strips dialed down to 15 watts or so a piece ? Seeing what you all think.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Know the ampacity of your driverView attachment 88463
Also, solid core vs braided. From what I have seen, the stuff that comes with DIY lights is basically like doorbell or garage door wiring 18/2 or 16/2, but not paired for obvious reasons. The casing seems less rubbery, probably has heat resistance that the doorbell won't.

I think that getting the 16/2 solid core wire to extend from the light(s) to a remote driver would be best. Please correct me if I am mistaken.
Running one wire per board from the driver seems best, and half the number of wires to corral seems good as well.

If anyone has a good 2-strand solid-core wire that would work best, share the link.

Meatman

Meat Master
Also, solid core vs braided. From what I have seen, the stuff that comes with DIY lights is basically like doorbell or garage door wiring 18/2 or 16/2, but not paired for obvious reasons. The casing seems less rubbery, probably has heat resistance that the doorbell won't.

I think that getting the 16/2 solid core wire to extend from the light(s) to a remote driver would be best. Please correct me if I am mistaken.
Running one wire per board from the driver seems best, and half the number of wires to corral seems good as well.

If anyone has a good 2-strand solid-core wire that would work best, share the link.
The wire that I get is stranded 14 gauge wire I just get black and red at my local car parts store and than I measure them for how long they need to be and than I electrical tape them together the whole way the rolls I get are 25 feet and they are like 8 dollars I asked Peter if that was good and he said absolutely that will work just fine so that’s what I do

Last edited:

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
The wire that I get is stranded 14 gauge wire I just get black and red and my local car parts store and than I measure them for how long they need to be and than I electrical tape them together the whole way the rolls I get are 25 feet and they are like 8 dollars I asked Peter if that was good and he said absolutely that will work just fine so that’s what I do
14 gauge is good up to 15 amps. My driver is 10.2 amps. 16 gauge is just right. It doesnt huet to overkill. For sure

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
The wire that I get is stranded 14 gauge wire I just get black and red at my local car parts store and than I measure them for how long they need to be and than I electrical tape them together the whole way the rolls I get are 25 feet and they are like 8 dollars I asked Peter if that was good and he said absolutely that will work just fine so that’s what I do
It helps to wago that to solid core to put into the molex. If not the stranded can get stuck in those.

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Ya mine go directly into wago’s on the driver end and on the light end
Didnt want you to try getting that wire out in the future and be like oh fuck lol. I like the stranded on some setups. Makea moving the light around easier on the molex