That fucking shitty COB

Skunkle Justin

Man, I’m still passed off about that whack ass cob light heisenbeans posted on YouTube. Not only did he get ripped off, but it made pink light that made his damn garage cats act all dizzy. That shit was nuts. What is the deal with that thing? Anyone have any good info on that thing such as LED manufacturers, retailer, or whatever else we should be avoiding. I just want to know what kinds of bullshit I need to stay away from since I’m about to make the transition from HID to LED. I see he uses bad ass cobs and rail setups but I don’t have that kind of cash

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
Kingbrite QBs are hard to beat for the price. From China. Us equivalent hlg is more expensive but manageable price wise and make good results. Cree is one of the standards for cobs and sometimes can be had on killer deals. I'm sure others will pitch in on those i domt have much experience.

lakegrow

PICK YOUR OWN
I have both cree and citizen cobs both work great some I built some I got at timber cause I did not have time to build. Been using the cobs for years. If heat is a problem then go boards, I changed one tent to HLG's I built that had cobs and dropped tent temps 8 degree's and the plants love them so cobs for winter and boards for summer.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I have a Holland star cob...1500 watt one. Not using right now. Usually use it when I put to many plants under a 1000 watt hps room. Seeing my veg area is so packed I might just grab it and put 4 more plants in that room.
I gotta see 👀 this!!! ONE 1500 WATT COB?!?!?

PhatNuggz

I am among the few earliest LED adopters and learned many hard ($$$) lessons along the way, and seen so much crap lies from manufacturers that makes me angry as hell, as do some of the replies you've gotten

The problem with asking your question here is that many of the responses are from the blind leading the blind

CoBs were once the best way to get a lot of quality light for reasonable cost (but like the rest of LED tech, there are a lot of crap CoBs);

The current trend is/are BAR lights. In fact my first ligit grow light circa 2014 was a BML SPYDR 600 (now Fluence)., a 6 bar light It still works great. I also have 3 CoB based lights from Amare Technology, who is a grower, and still the LED light leader IMO. Recently he introduced a Bar 6 and is getting ready to market a Bar 3.

If you're basically a personal use grower, consider Spider Farmer. They should easil last 5+ years, so are very cost effective. Several growers have threads using them now, so you can see them in action

hth

ReVeg.JPG