TGA - Cheesequake.

Shua1991

Really Active Member
This is a hybrid of (Cheese x Querkle), its flavors range between grape candy and cheesecake, yield is high and potency can also get fairly high depending on pheno.

This hybrid is now discontinued once the current stock is gone, its gone. I intend to keep a few females for potential f2's/preservation, I would also like to get a quality male for breeding purposes, hopefully 45 seeds is enough to find one.

I ordered 2 packs and got a 3rd for free via promotional.

$210 in total for 45 seeds and a free 5 pack of Agent Orange by TGA and another 5 pack of "Holy Roller Haze" (Peace Train x Jesus OG) {Peace Train is Moonshadow x Jack the Ripper} so 50% JTR and some og and purps mixed in too, bred by Norstar.
In about a week it should be at my doorstop ready for germinating.

Last edited:

Nobighurry

PICK YOUR OWN

$210 in total for 45 seeds and a free 5 pack of Agent Orange by TGA and another 5 pack of "Holy Roller Haze" (Peace Train x Jesus OG) {Peace Train is Moonshadow x Jack the Ripper} so 50% JTR and some og and purps mixed in too, bred by Norstar.
In about a week it should be at my doorstop ready for germinating.
Always wanted to run their agent orange I'll be pulling up a chair when you run his gear

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
Im pretty stoked, I've wanted to grow Cheesequake for a while, the agent orange is the perfect addition, this is like warping back to 2012.
Exactly reminding me of bout 10-15 yrs ago.. Back then cheesequake was 1 allways wanted to try... Have grown prolly 5-6 strains from subcool.. Like Jesus og, Qush, 9lb hammer, Chernobyl, Space Queen, & Cuvee the ones i member...
Good luck on grow, will be watching
👍✌

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
I just ran TGA's Querkle and some UK Cheese and both are solid smoke. Sounds like a good match. The Cheese I got was a little on the weak side. I understand it's just a selected Skunk 1 pheno, so the old school genetics should be there.

I went the backtracking route and got the C99 x Romulan (Space Queen) which was half of the Querkle ;)

Shua1991

Really Active Member
Www.Geneticsupply.com is selling the last bit of its seeds, I'm ordering another pack for sure, these guys hooked me up! Each pack came with 25 seeds, so 75 seeds + freebies of Agent Orange and Holy Roller Haze (peacetrain x Jesus OG)!

I plan on getting some more seeds for this pheno hunt. 100 cheesequake seeds seems like the right amount to find something real nice! I plan to select a few cheese dominant phenos for funky offspring and I plan to use the urkle/grape dominant males for other hybrids.20220325_210315.jpg

Last edited:

Shua1991

Really Active Member
Exactly reminding me of bout 10-15 yrs ago.. Back then cheesequake was 1 allways wanted to try... Have grown prolly 5-6 strains from subcool.. Like Jesus og, Qush, 9lb hammer, Chernobyl, Space Queen, & Cuvee the ones i member...
Good luck on grow, will be watching
👍✌
How did you like the Jesus OG?

I'm buying 2 packs right now, getting a 3rd(4th) pack of cheesequake free for the promo, I saw a few high thc cuts floating around.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
How did you like the Jesus OG?

I'm buying 2 packs right now, getting a 3rd(4th) pack of cheesequake free for the promo, I saw a few high thc cuts floating around.
Hell ya man thats badass with the cheesequake.. Shud find sum gems in them imo..
To answer your question on the Jesus Og, ive grown it 2 times in past yrs and loved it. Out of 5 or 6 og strains ive tried growing the Jesus og imo was the best.
Both times outdoors it was my fastest to finish.. Lemony- fuel, earthy, og funk with hints of coffee on tail end is my best way to explain it. Majority of phenos i had stayed more short than the typical lanky stretch queens og usually has..
Definitely recommend the Jesus if your a fan of the Og..
All of my tga days was back when SUB really took off in bean buiz back in early 2000's.. Weed nerd and them mendo dope boys..lol
Best of luck, will be watching to see how things go..👍✌

Shua1991

Really Active Member
Took a few weeks extra after finding a spidermite infestation, my grow shop gave me some unwanted passengers, from now on I'm going to sterilize soil I get from there with boiling water.

I got 94/97 of my Cheesequake seeds to break their seed casing, I'll have to see how many make it above ground, I'm guessing about 90 or so will. Mid June these will be in the flowering room.

Shua1991

Really Active Member
Sniff test at 3 weeks shows a recurring cheesey funk on about 30% of plants, another 30 are a musky sweetness, 20% smell like danish/grape and 20%smell of lavendar/violets candy.

Transferring pots tomorrow. 1 month until flowering and stress testing. Whichever males look/smell best will be flowered out at a separate location and the final selections will be used on my current keepers. My hope is that the best male pheno has a female counterpart to make f2's, I'm about 3 months to 4 months out from that though.

Last edited:

Shua1991

Really Active Member
One plant stem rub reminds me of some lavendar candies I ate a long time ago, talk about nostalgia.

c313ddcd47948c4a67-b6aa-44ab-99da-97e206e5b1fe_416x416.jpg

Tonight I'm germinating Jesus OG and the Agent Orange, I can see the purple phenotypes of AO being a good candidate for the purple Cheesequake.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The Jesus OG germinated, the agent orange freebies were duds :^) good thing I didn't pay for them.
I wonder about that. If I was a breeder I would pick something super-reliable and a good representation of my garden as my "freebie" so you want to buy more of my stuff.

I know that I have found enough breeders that like and breed for the same buzzes that I want that I don't need to check out any more. There's no room in my day for 'meh' smoke. But if a freebie shows up from a random breeder I'll run it - and base my opinion of that breeder on what I see.

Shua1991

Really Active Member
I wonder about that. If I was a breeder I would pick something super-reliable and a good representation of my garden as my "freebie" so you want to buy more of my stuff.

I know that I have found enough breeders that like and breed for the same buzzes that I want that I don't need to check out any more. There's no room in my day for 'meh' smoke. But if a freebie shows up from a random breeder I'll run it - and base my opinion of that breeder on what I see.
I think it was some agent orange seeds that subcool didn't want to sell before he died, no idea, I got the freebies I wanted in Cheesequake and I'm looking at flowering them around mid July when my flower room has space, I'm really liking the odors on them, some really smell like blue cheese 😀 some smell like grape creamcheese, some like lavender candies, lavender cheesecake.

Lots of choices for my F2 selections, it's the f2's IMHO where genetics really shine or disappoint.

Shua1991

Really Active Member
These more lavendar smelling phenotypes have different leaf appearance, double serrations with varying degrees of roundedness.
20220607_095919.jpg
20220607_095006.jpg
The best smelling plant in the garden sexed as a male today too, lavendar candy smells. I plan to put him into flower the moment I can snip some clones, I have high hopes for this one!
20220607_094301.jpg20220607_093846.jpg
About 2 weeks before the first few plants are ready for flower, the first females are showing sex now, I like to give them about 2 weeks after that date to flower.

I'm cloning everything in the meantime, stress testing the first grow/flowering, the unstable intersex prone plants will be eliminated and then flowering #2 I'll make some seeds with the best performers of the stress test/smoke tests. I have a few cuts I want to pollenate with this male if it's sexually stable and virile.

Last edited:

Shua1991

Really Active Member
The gypsum and azomite really has changed the terp profile on the current harvest and veg plants, way funkier, the whisky barrel/bourbon flavors of the cuvee seem to shine more with this and a few amendments like what azomite provides seemed to be missing from previous grows.
I'm working on going fully organic and compost based in the next few months, with a few amendments where needed, I hope to see some improvements over previous grows, this will be the funkiest grow I've ever had with some of these cheesequake phenotypes being really rank. I'll keep the particulary funky phenos so long as they pass the stress test. I still have a bunch of seeds I need to go through from Red Scare Seeds to find a particularly roadkill smelling male/female for making hybrids using the cheesequake.

Last edited:

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
That's good to hear. Last time I ammended my soil I went through the whole Down to Earth catalog and got a little of everything. Langbeinite, greensand, all the goodies you can't find at lowes ;) The gypsum should be adding sulfur, which adds thiols to the mix you don't get without sulfur.

Shua1991

Really Active Member
Yea I'm ordering some greensand and langbeinite since my local grow shop was out of them, I can already see how much vigor and odor my veg CQ are putting out, rank lavendar skunkyness. The dolomite lime helped raise ph from where it normally drops to, provides some nutrients too, whatever the fox farms ocean forest has been packed with lately hasn't been too fruitful.

Last edited: