Tall Skinny Pot?

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Hey guys and gals, so I germinated six photoperiod seed, expecting half to be males.

I had one male showing at about 4 weeks from dry seed, none of the others are showing yet.

I called the male, and have put the best four plants in their final 7 gallon fabric pots. I was planning on only three and had to go buy a fourth because that is all that will fit in my tent.

I still have the fifth plant in there in a one gallon pot and would like something bigger. There is room for a nine inch diameter pot in the tent, which isn’t much bigger than the one gallon pot .

The 7 gallon pots are sitting about 14” high, so ideally I would like 9” x 14” pot to grow out the fifth plant.

Anyone ever grow on a tall skinny container?

This may all be moot once the plants reveal their sex, but curious to know for future reference.

SaintyMcCunt

The Convict
I've no idea mate but I'm bloody keen to hear what the others think..
I'd guess a deeper pot means deeper tap roots before it would start to bound around and up to the top of the pot.?

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
So went and did some shopping today. Canadian Tire had sweet fuck all for “Tall Skinny Pots”. Superstore on the other hand, had some plastic waste baskets that would fit almost perfectly.

If no more of these plants turn out to be males, I’ll buy one of the waste baskets and drill some holes in the bottom.

I had tall kinda thin pots for doing vert grows(I never did a vert grow though) and when i would upot into them sometimes the roots of the plant would struggle to penetrate into the soil at the bottom of the pot and because there's less surface space being exposed to the air and light it sometimes can take longer to dry out between waterings.thats ok in coco but not soil but youl be ok if u keep an eye on that and don't water too heavily after upotting and letting the soil dry out a decent bit between waterings.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
So went and did some shopping today. Canadian Tire had sweet fuck all for “Tall Skinny Pots”. Superstore on the other hand, had some plastic waste baskets that would fit almost perfectly.

If no more of these plants turn out to be males, I’ll buy one of the waste baskets and drill some holes in the bottom.
Could also jest keep it in the 1 gal pot. Will have to water more than the others but i have seen some pretty amazing grows in i gal containers.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Could also jest keep it in the 1 gal pot. Will have to water more than the others but i have seen some pretty amazing grows in i gal containers.
One gallon is just so small. And you’re right about getting a decent plant out of 1 gallon.

One of my plants in a big pot turned out to be male, so the one gallon plant, which is now confirmed to be female, is in the big pot. I’m down to four plants now.

It’ll be interesting to see how many fems I end up with out of six seeds.

Capt C

Saltwater Cowboy
One gallon is just so small. And you’re right about getting a decent plant out of 1 gallon.

One of my plants in a big pot turned out to be male, so the one gallon plant, which is now confirmed to be female, is in the big pot. I’m down to four plants now.

It’ll be interesting to see how many fems I end up with out of six seeds.
Hope they are girls for you.