Taco Tuesday

Dr. Monty

Green Supremacist
Is leaf tacoing also related to over feeding/watering or only heat/light stress?
They’re in veg so I keep the humidity around 70 and temps 70-77 with plenty of air movement.
Im using these growers choice 720 LEDs and I bumped them up to 50% from 25% with 2 plants per light.
Using heavy 16 nutrients with powerSI original, 15 gallon smart pots with promix . PH is around 6.5 and I’m feeding at about 1/3 recommended.
Some are further from the light than others and they all have the same issues. (Due to height)
I’m pretty sure they’re a little overwatered but I’m letting them dry out o_O

Attachments

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I wouldn’t say that’s taco-ing. Those are just newer leaves that haven’t matured yet.

I would say stop pH’ng if you’re in ProMix HP.

Also, lots of people on their phones here, so inserting full images (rather than thumbnails) allows better enlarging and better diagnostics.

Dr. Monty

Green Supremacist
testing full image lol.
Also I don’t PH anymore, I guess the powerSI brings your PH down a good amount just around 6.5-6.7 BACA74EA-C1B1-42FE-9A49-5FD75FDD6B08.jpegB08D51A0-14A3-4A14-9EF2-CF721F9E3B43.jpegDC7B2F1B-5DE9-4DED-88BC-C7E7532BB6D3.jpeg7046A7C8-B92C-4843-B770-7353B5F6C44E.jpeg71834F87-9DB8-43AF-B062-D3F53DF32154.jpegBE247AD3-5E48-494A-BBAF-8998043DE51C.jpeg

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
The thing I am noticing is that they look dull. Kind of like flat paint compared to gloss. Not sure the specific cause of that, but they also look a little under-fed. Which probably means they don't need food 🤪 - but something is not letting them eat right - like a lock-out beginning.

Just my opinion based on the pics.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
The thing I am noticing is that they look dull. Kind of like flat paint compared to gloss. Not sure the specific cause of that, but they also look a little under-fed. Which probably means they don't need food 🤪 - but something is not letting them eat right - like a lock-out beginning.

Just my opinion based on the pics.
They are usually high in N when they get shiny but I agree that something is going on. When they are low in Ca the spots are usually more of a rusty brown color. I'd look at the back side of the leaves with a loupe, for bugs on the leaves with spots, but the plants don't look bad overall.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
They are usually high in N when they get shiny but I agree that something is going on. When they are low in Ca the spots are usually more of a rusty brown color. I'd look at the back side of the leaves with a loupe, for bugs on the leaves with spots, but the plants don't look bad overall.
I agree they look fine(ish) - but if he is noticing something then I made a few assumptions :)

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
As far as the N, it is definitely needed, which for me means the full-smash NPK - food. But I do organic, so I don't get situations where they have food but can't eat it because of chemical interference of some sort.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
As far as the N, it is definitely needed, which for me means the full-smash NPK - food. But I do organic, so I don't get situations where they have food but can't eat it because of chemical interference of some sort.
I'm usually careful about recommending more N but only because some people's lighting makes the plants look more yellow than they really are.

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
So basically, if you keep records of ppm in and out (run-off) you might be able to sort something out. Best solution for almost any of those issues is to let it get real dry, then flush it on the next watering.

Dr. Monty

Green Supremacist
Lol it almost feels like the seed company just threw a bunch of different strains in a bag and called it grand daddy purp