Switching Lighting

Heathenraider

Heathen Basterd
Ok I have always been a MH/ HPS grower in near future I am getting a LED set up , my Question is: Can I switch from MH veg grow room and take the plants to flower tent ran by LED without messing the plant up ?

Feva.

Really Active Member
Should be good. No experience in led but I have moved them from MH to HPS to CMH and back and forth multiple times during flowering and never had issues. Just dont mix up the timers

Hydro

PICK YOUR OWN
Just my personal experience, but I got a calcium deficiency when I switched from my gavita to quantum boards. May have just been a coincidence, but I have heard of others using more calmag when switching to leds
True, some strains may exhibit some Ca or Mg deficiency. Ive had had strains under HID not show deficiencies until under LED (mainly Mg). That was full grows though and not lights being switched mid grow.

WebstersBallSack

European Bean Flicker
Ok I have always been a MH/ HPS grower in near future I am getting a LED set up , my Question is: Can I switch from MH veg grow room and take the plants to flower tent ran by LED without messing the plant up ?
You mean veg with MH and then go 12/12 with LED?
Yep no problem, I used to do that from the moment I changed my hps to led in flower tent, I still vegged with MH or CMH in height of summer and flowered with COBs and Quantum boards.
Those strips whytes using if they are the J series cree are impressive on paper. Should be solid performance.

You might find more calcium or magnesium is required , lots of folks say that, personally I never had an issue but have lots in my tap water.
Best to run LED tent a few degrees higher to compensate for lack of radiant heat normally pumped out with HPS.
To be honest I think a lot of peoples problems in the early days were running to intense or too close and getting a slow light burn. Mostly with the boards rather than COBs and probably due to the tight diode placement giving high intensity when close.