Sweating in tent

JohnFonda

Tegrity Greenthumb
So before the cure comes the sweat. Many people use jars for this method and some paper bags before sealing in a bag or jar . The paper bag method seems highly recommended but kind of a pia especially if working with multiple plants. Could you just seal where they are drying and limit airflow for 12 hours or so to get a similar effect while hanging. Want to skip the jars so I can hang and go into grove bags.

Dis39

Really Active Member
So before the cure comes the sweat. Many people use jars for this method and some paper bags before sealing in a bag or jar . The paper bag method seems highly recommended but kind of a pia especially if working with multiple plants. Could you just seal where they are drying and limit airflow for 12 hours or so to get a similar effect while hanging. Want to skip the jars so I can hang and go into grove bags.
Plenty of people hang their plants in empty grow tents or closets, old tv cabinets, etc... Ive used big cardboard boxes with string running through them to hang the branches off. Lets me keep everything separate, sealed, and hanging.

If you wanted sealed to trap humidity, then you wanted to open it up to dry... I guess it comes down to your plant mass and desired RH as well as your ambient air temps and RH. No an expert, just my best answer based on my understanding of your question, good luck sir.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I went the box route.

It’s very dry where I live, so I lined this amp box with the plastic bag the amp was in and installed a humidity monitor.

This time around, I’m keeping it in my garage. Temps are only about 45 degrees F.

One of the plants has been in there two weeks now and it’s still not ready to go into jars. This is an experiment and I hope I haven’t fucked up all these plants. There probably about 7 ounces of Bud in there.

We’re supposed to be getting a cold snap here soon, so the box will have to come inside so the Bud doesn’t freeze. The warmth should speed up the dry considerably.

37AE3F86-041B-4257-B26A-E2A8505F1570.jpeg62E365D1-75BD-4EF7-8AC7-B9A36BA21783.jpeg66CD993A-D68F-4BF8-89B2-4DF4A02FFF2E.jpeg

D

Deleted member 60

I do something similar to what @Old ST1R does but I'm lazy and it's all my stash...no market concerns/etc..... so I carefully drop mine (often still spears) into a black trash bag and seal it/open it a few times over a few days to sweat out the last bits of moisture.

D

Deleted member 60

I'm starting to think they are bots because it's the same post every time. Maybe we need something in the registration process that will help prevent it?
FYI......new members pop up in an "approval queue"....and all you can see is if they have been here/banned previously. (and you nix 'em again...LOL)

All other applicants must be considered/viewed as regular folks who want to talk about weed until we see otherwise. Such is why reporting such posts helps a lot. The quicker we can jettison the spammers/etc...the better.