Supplementary Lighting Recommendations Needed

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Hey All,

I’m going to do a flower run in my veg tent before I shut everything down for the summer.

I’ve got adequate lighting in there for my veg needs, but would like to add one or two supplemental lights to boost the watts per square foot.

Currently in the 2’x4’ tent, I’ve got a 100ish watt Spider Farmer quantum board, two Sunblaster 24 watt Led strips and a Sunblaster 24” HO T5 fluorescent.

I’d like to add one or two extra bulbs in there for the flower run. I’ve got two fixtures that have standard screw in light bulb bases, but could get adapters to run mogul bases.

I’ve been looking at the Sunblaster 125 watt fluorescent bulbs. I’m not too sure about them. Another bulb I’m interested in is the “corn” LED bulbs, but there doesn’t seem to be a lot of info on their use for growing.

Any suggestions? I’d also like to keep this on the cheap.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Have you ever heard of the full spectrum led's that run on 110 volt AC current. Like 5 bucks a pc. They would work for your "cheap" needs.
I have about a dozen of them here if you are interested.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
Have you ever heard of the full spectrum led's that run on 110 volt AC current. Like 5 bucks a pc. They would work for your "cheap" needs.
I have about a dozen of them here if you are interested.
Do you mean the regular household type bulbs with the globe removed?

If so, I am looking for something with more wattage since the household type ones are typically around only 9 watts and I’ve got a max of two extra fixtures.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
No, they're a COB.
Tell you what you can do. Buy you a meter of red and blue spectrum Led strips or warm whites(for flower right?) 10" aluminum pie pan. Wrap the leds on the inside rim (approx 1 1/2" or 2" surface).
You got a hell of a "potent" cheap light <20 bucks. Approx 72 watts

Kinda like a poor mans growmau5 "Logic" puck. lol
I'll find you a vid to understand what I'm saying.

angel4us

Super Active Member
I just ordered parts to make side lighting for my hydro system !! It’s 8’x4’ and I’m going double strips along 8’ edges and single strips on 4’ ends .... should be KILLER ... the place I got my parts was growdaddyleds.com
Dudes name is Peter snd he is from Tennessee and has a hill people accent but dude knows his shit man. Call him !!!!

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I was thinking something easier, like this:

150W LED Corn Cob Light Bulb,Equivalent 600 Watt Metal Halide HPS HID CFL,5000K AC85-277V,E39 Mogul Base LED retrofit Bulb,for Commercial Industrial lighting Wearehouse GYMS Workshop Bay light Fixture https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HYKZWWC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_Da77FbQYGQDCX?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Or this:

SANSI 22W (200-250 Watt Equivalent) A21 Ceramic LED Light Bulbs, ETL Listed, Daylight 5000K, Bright 3000lm, E26 Base, Non-dimmable, 2-Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0728K64SK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_nL77Fb014CYY6

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I decided on these 3000k corn lights. Two 50 actual watt bulbs for a total of 100 watts for $55 Canadian.

I’ve already got some fixtures I can use them in.

0AD57A5E-9BB1-4B24-A202-3DF69C4040C1.png

These should boost up my watts per square foot to acceptable levels for flower.

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
I always wondered about those corn cob lights to hang in between plants. Interesting to see how good they work.

Big Terps

Growing on a dime
I’m debating between hanging them horizontally and vertically. I’m leaning toward vertically.

Thoughts?
When i used a couple of those corn bulbs, i tried both ways of hanging them. To me they seemd better to b hung vertically.
For supplemental lighting they worked quite well for me.

I had 2 38watt feit brand corns. Like 4-5000 lumens a peice from home depot. So if u are getting the 150watt corn they shud b pretty bright. Just my 2 cents.
Thx

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
When i used a couple of those corn bulbs, i tried both ways of hanging them. To me they seemd better to b hung vertically.
For supplemental lighting they worked quite well for me.

I had 2 38watt feit brand corns. Like 4-5000 lumens a peice from home depot. So if u are getting the 150watt corn they shud b pretty bright. Just my 2 cents.
Thx
Thanks for the note.

I’m getting two 50 watt corns in 3000k. I’ll use these in addition to two 24 watt 6500K Sunblaster Led Strips.

So I’ll have a 100 watt Spider Farmer Quantum Board, two 24 watt Sunblaster strips and two 50 watt corns. That’s 248 watts of LED in a 2 x 4 tent.

31 watts a square foot should produce some good Bud.

I just ordered parts to make side lighting for my hydro system !! It’s 8’x4’ and I’m going double strips along 8’ edges and single strips on 4’ ends .... should be KILLER ... the place I got my parts was growdaddyleds.com
Dudes name is Peter snd he is from Tennessee and has a hill people accent but dude knows his shit man. Call him !!!!
I’m with you grow daddy knows his shit 600watt light for $500 can’t beat it.