Strains that kicked ass but are scare!?

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Just a late night, drunkin' ramble thought.

Anyone have some old faves, that you're curious of their availability?

Birthday cake?!, Sublime, ogre og, am /lem hze, romulan, grapefruit, skunk😂🤣 came to mind

What do u miss?

If anyone's holding, lucky you!
I miss "all" of my experimental weed of the 70's and 80's. Didn't have 27 different flavors, taste and aroma when you took a hit. What's it called? Complexity of the strain terps? Some could call it a "watering " down of genetics maybe? These new phenos are very beautiful. Looks wasn't as important to the smoker back then as it is today. I had some of the 1st Afghani crosses bred with local weed. High Times was around and did an interview with some of the growers. Publicity wasn't a real good thing unfortunately.
Growers that have lived in relative isolation for years and only breed with a smaller gene pool, I would be betting there stuff in seed form that no one has seen for many years just setting idle and degrading each day a little more. It's not fair that certain states are legal and others are not.
The only thing I have found so far in my local might be a "Big Bud x a local cross" from the 80's. Grew it a couple times and wasn't impressed, but doesn't mean all will be that way. We used to call the flowers, "Donkey Dicks" and another we grew that grew like a fence post. Massive producers. But those small Afghani's were so compact, you could get a 1/2 lb of flower off a tiny plant. Lot of guys are going back to the more pure landrace genetics, then breed to a "hype" strain.
So yea, I miss all the older strains. lol

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
I remember it clearly...sort of... 1978ish...driving to Florida to cop weed. The choices were
Jamaican @ $280 lb (made huge bags but weed sucked)
Shaky Gold @ $325 lb (good but hard to sell)
Good Gold @ $400 lb(killer weed)

Nobody knew wtf sense was then. I got a polaroid of some panama red around somewhere, I'll try and find it.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I remember it clearly...sort of... 1978ish...driving to Florida to cop weed. The choices were
Jamaican @ $280 lb (made huge bags but weed sucked)
Shaky Gold @ $325 lb (good but hard to sell)
Good Gold @ $400 lb(killer weed)

Nobody knew wtf sense was then. I got a polaroid of some panama red around somewhere, I'll try and find it.
To think how many seeds I’ve thrown away (or smoked - POP!! Lmao), and now they’re like $10 each.

Oh, if I had $10 for every seed I’ve thrown away.........

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I have not had a lot of experience getting the actual strain i wanted (it used to be just good or ok or great weed).

But after growing a bit I still think MxP is my favorite sativa of all time. The seeds are not scarce but you can not get the finished product anywhere except if you grow it.

I was going through airport security with a half of it in a jar and these two black dudes were the security guys and said what kind of kush is that....it aint kush. Its MxP open it....smell it.

And they did. And their eyes lit up like Christmas in July. Yup its better than it smells. And that is really saying something.

Canada being legal means you can carry an oz on the plane, roll doobs in the airport for home and all kinds of shit. It is hilarious like that.

D

Deleted member 60

To think how many seeds I’ve thrown away (or smoked - POP!! Lmao), and now they’re like $10 each.

Oh, if I had $10 for every seed I’ve thrown away.........
LOFL. Remember how the smoke would jet out from the reefer when a seed was missed and didn't out and out pop in yer face? And then there were those little honeycomb pieces in the weed...some sort of insect home 'er somethin'. Know what I'm talkin' about? And the stems....pokin' holes in the baggie.... Heehee.... fun times! And not every seed was worth $10....but there were some standouts, for sure.

Some of the first seeds I bought in the mid 90's were old school strains like Northern Lights (I do miss this one....some nice plants in those #'d phenos)...Thaitanic (big buds but only average ganja)...Mongolian Indica (no yield but good pot)....Columbian Red (lights start to come on)....Panama Red.....etc....

For me.....the light that came on during the process was that I realized that >most< of the really memorable offering I sampled were....IMO.....super well cured shit. It was all so clandestine then that "Bob" only knows how long some of that weed stayed bricked up/tied up/stored in the hull of a boat/etc. I grew out a bunch old timey strains....and some...like the Columbian Red...were very nice. However...they were just green pot offerings....not red or gold CURED OUT ganja. I personally think it was sheer luck that we got what we got... considering the journey some of it must have taken to get to our bowl. The standout weed of the day was GOOD weed from the get-go...no doubt....but THAT CURE....intentional or not (probably not).....that...for me...was the difference between what is offered now and what we (occasionally) got then.

And then there were the failed cures/storage methods that gave us some of the less-than-desired fare we smoked anyway....LOL. Folks steamin bricks apart and selling wet weed or spraying it with water...orange peels...dry ice "cures"...."Dirt" pot.....when a chucklehead you knew tried burying it to increase the potency...

Even so....there was a comraderie back then that was pretty damn special. If you had weed yer buddy was stoned. If he had weed you were stoned. And he prolly had some microdots/pyramids/panes too....but I digress! A whole 'nother topic and book of tales...LOL.

Yup...I miss a buncha those old strains...but I miss the people who were associated with 'em more that aren't here anymore....and I miss that low tolerance youth gave us. Some of those first highs and the shit we did/were doing are still fresh in my head..... "Good shit" as we used to say.

Nobody cared WTF it was...as long as you were sharin'....

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
LOFL. Remember how the smoke would jet out from the reefer when a seed was missed and didn't out and out pop in yer face? And then there were those little honeycomb pieces in the weed...some sort of insect home 'er somethin'. Know what I'm talkin' about? And the stems....pokin' holes in the baggie.... Heehee.... fun times! And not every seed was worth $10....but there were some standouts, for sure.

Some of the first seeds I bought in the mid 90's were old school strains like Northern Lights (I do miss this one....some nice plants in those #'d phenos)...Thaitanic (big buds but only average ganja)...Mongolian Indica (no yield but good pot)....Columbian Red (lights start to come on)....Panama Red.....etc....

For me.....the light that came on during the process was that I realized that >most< of the really memorable offering I sampled were....IMO.....super well cured shit. It was all so clandestine then that "Bob" only knows how long some of that weed stayed bricked up/tied up/stored in the hull of a boat/etc. I grew out a bunch old timey strains....and some...like the Columbian Red...were very nice. However...they were just green pot offerings....not red or gold CURED OUT ganja. I personally think it was sheer luck that we got what we got... considering the journey some of it must have taken to get to our bowl. The standout weed of the day was GOOD weed from the get-go...no doubt....but THAT CURE....intentional or not (probably not).....that...for me...was the difference between what is offered now and what we (occasionally) got then.

And then there were the failed cures/storage methods that gave us some of the less-than-desired fare we smoked anyway....LOL. Folks steamin bricks apart and selling wet weed or spraying it with water...orange peels...dry ice "cures"...."Dirt" pot.....when a chucklehead you knew tried burying it to increase the potency...

Even so....there was a comraderie back then that was pretty damn special. If you had weed yer buddy was stoned. If he had weed you were stoned. And he prolly had some microdots/pyramids/panes too....but I digress! A whole 'nother topic and book of tales...LOL.

Yup...I miss a buncha those old strains...but I miss the people who were associated with 'em more that aren't here anymore....and I miss that low tolerance youth gave us. Some of those first highs and the shit we did/were doing are still fresh in my head..... "Good shit" as we used to say.

Nobody cared WTF it was...as long as you were sharin'....
You nailed it. Awesome post.

D

Deleted member 60

I always love to see the posts where people knock the weed we smoked >then< as if nobody was high whatsoever back in the day. We always tried to have weed on hand. for sure...but there was so much else goin on in the mix it often just served to take the edge off of whatever else it was that was goin' around at the time. Amazing times. Nobody was addicted because everyone was high as shit on something different every damn day...LOL. Truly amazing times when a dollar or two would keep you entertained all day and half the night....

BigBallzWillie

BE THE BALL
That weed right there went $70 an oz. That was considered high end weed. Gold would range $40-$60 at the same time. Columbian went @ $40-$50. Jamaican @ $35.

That vase thing is just a set of plastic roses used as a prop, Red as Roses is what we were trying to convey. The red hash was a premium over blond hash and we kept that for ourselves. I wish I had all the pics, there were some good ones.