Strain Yield Vs growing style to maximize profit

SCJedi

Synergist
Hands down my best yields with fastest turn around was my homemade NFT systems. I used three 6" pvc pipes with 3 holes each. Run sprayers on the inside. Recirculating res, with GH 3 part.

Only had to veg clones for like a week and easily get 22oz a rip without even trying. Super super

Me too but I would call that aeroponics and not NFT. Its like an aerocloner shaped like a tube.

thenotsoesoteric

Shinobi of seeds
Me too but I would call that aeroponics and not NFT. Its like an aerocloner shaped like a tube.
Well I used to call it aeroponics but back years ago when I was running it some folks on rollitup up were all on the "thats not true aeroponics" then go into how the microns arent small enough, lol. So I jyst was like whatever, nft then lol. But yeah just like those aerocloners. I had to run it in cool basement during summer or risk root rot.

quiescent

Super Active Member
I'd say you're best off with something gassy...OGs, chems and sours or crosses containing them. I'm assuming you're not trying to cash crop with phenohunts here.

They're more forgiving to mistakes in the dry/cure and they require less cure. Matter of fact they're best smoked within a few months generally. Some fruity, spicy stuff takes months before you'd want to try to sell it based off that first smell from a fresh vacuum seal or jar.

They generally all stretch fairly well, especially the OGs and sours, GMO should obviously be getting a very honorable mention here. This makes up for their longer flower times by far, especially GMO and ECSD or their crosses. Finding the right mating with those can easily improve upon the already near perfect parents. For example Deathstar is something I'd love to get my hands on. The smoke has comparable flavor and more dense effects. It yields very well in a shorter time frame.

If you're already above some low arbitrary number that gives you some crazy sentences in prohibition land I'd say try to run with just a week or two of veg with numbers. Some places there's not a difference in the sentencing guidelines between 25 and 75+ plants so might as well maximize your time/space investment per cycle.

If you're in legal land and have tight numbers obviously veg time/space are gonna be greater. Can grow some bushes with some strains and do well, others not so much.

Method, obviously hydro of some form. If you're running numbers there's a million ways to skin a cat. Big plants are going to do better monocropped in a undercurrent type rig. I'm sure there's a way or two to improve on it but seems to have held the test of time better than other methods.

I'm interested to see what everyone else's opinion is.

TerpyTyrone

LED Recruiter
I'd say you're best off with something gassy...OGs, chems and sours or crosses containing them. I'm assuming you're not trying to cash crop with phenohunts here.

They're more forgiving to mistakes in the dry/cure and they require less cure. Matter of fact they're best smoked within a few months generally. Some fruity, spicy stuff takes months before you'd want to try to sell it based off that first smell from a fresh vacuum seal or jar.

They generally all stretch fairly well, especially the OGs and sours, GMO should obviously be getting a very honorable mention here. This makes up for their longer flower times by far, especially GMO and ECSD or their crosses. Finding the right mating with those can easily improve upon the already near perfect parents. For example Deathstar is something I'd love to get my hands on. The smoke has comparable flavor and more dense effects. It yields very well in a shorter time frame.

If you're already above some low arbitrary number that gives you some crazy sentences in prohibition land I'd say try to run with just a week or two of veg with numbers. Some places there's not a difference in the sentencing guidelines between 25 and 75+ plants so might as well maximize your time/space investment per cycle.

If you're in legal land and have tight numbers obviously veg time/space are gonna be greater. Can grow some bushes with some strains and do well, others not so much.

Method, obviously hydro of some form. If you're running numbers there's a million ways to skin a cat. Big plants are going to do better monocropped in a undercurrent type rig. I'm sure there's a way or two to improve on it but seems to have held the test of time better than other methods.

I'm interested to see what everyone else's opinion is.
Mono cropped? One single topping?

Greenthumbskunk

PICK YOUR OWN
I try to stay low key. I only deal with four people. I have to listen to their needs what they hear from the guys they sell to. If they cannot keep customers then I cannot sell to my people. I definitely do not deal with nickel and dime type of sales.

those are the type that will get you busted real quick. Cuz they see traffic coming by all the time.

so if the customer keeps demanding something then I have to provide it or they will go somewhere else.