Storing seeds?

Ozjet68

Insanely Active Member
A decade later!!? wow...:censored:. I was thinking, I have seen breeder selling the same strains for about 20+ yrs. I was not thinking that they had a "working cycle of refreshing vitality" every 3-5 years or more. That changes my point of view BIG TIME. I was at Seedbay yesterday...(just lurking)...they still have Rez SSSDH packs left but they label them germination unknown. Last year-- I almost bought a pack of seeds a cali hobbyist had stashed since'86. :oops:.

Anyway, you can use the sku number etched? In those little plastic rounds to find the manufacturer. They keep the seeds coating nice & pretty.
86 yeah id be skeptic even in a fully controlled static state . That seems a hell of a long time to hold viable life but I wouldn’t be entirely surprised if they did pop. Outdoor growing since the mid 80s I’m sure I’d still have a few seeds laying forgotten somewhere and back then my simple philosophy was if the seeds weren’t found in good weed you wouldn’t keep them . Like anything times change and storage methods become much better as do the breeders and growers

H.A.F.

a.k.a. Rusty Nails
Probably depends on the maximum time before you plan on using them . I’ve had seeds in a matchbox I just threw in my sock drawer and used a decade later and from memory 90% of them popped so if you think you’ll use them in the next couple years as long as it’s a cool dry place I wouldn’t bother going too extreme . Like everything though everyone will do what works for them.
Stored in the fridge, dark, and dry can't hurt. If they are in your sock drawer and your AC craps out it might not matter. I just like removing variables. If my fridge goes out you can guarantee I won't be toughing it out for a bit like I would if the AC went out.

That's just how I think LOL

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
Stored in the fridge, dark, and dry can't hurt. If they are in your sock drawer and your AC craps out it might not matter. I just like removing variables. If my fridge goes out you can guarantee I won't be toughing it out for a bit like I would if the AC went out.

That's just how I think LOL
I've been wanting to find a use wine fridge for storing my jars of weed and seeds because my current solution (I keep them in a hope chest in the bedroom) gets too warm in the summer.

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
View attachment 63854

Walmart in the arts and crafts section by the beads $12.50
Use a Sharpie to label them, Remove it with rubbing alcohol.

I'm a dork who has to make labels for everything. These are some of the recent one's I've made from artwork I've found on the web and modified.
7-7-2020 2-51-56 PM.png