Still having some PH issues. May switch to coco

Justblazin

@Old ST1R I use pro mix and I've always phed my water, so I should stop? I thought about stopping awhile ago when I switched to mixing my own soil(if you want to call it that) using Gaia green products and some other goodies including dolomite lime and oyster shell powder with pro mix, figured it would buffer it but I was to chicken to try it...lol, I've had great results none the less

treefarmercharlie

🍆
Admin
@Old ST1R I use pro mix and I've always phed my water, so I should stop? I thought about stopping awhile ago when I switched to mixing my own soil(if you want to call it that) using Gaia green products and some other goodies including dolomite lime and oyster shell powder with pro mix, figured it would buffer it but I was to chicken to try it...lol, I've had great results none the less
The people who make ProMix don't recommend pHing the water you use for their product. I stopped PHing my water when I grew in it, and still don't with my organic soil grows, and haven't had any issues due to pH.

Old ST1R

Grow Yer Own Stone
I would wager that if you stop pHing, your results will improve.

@Old ST1R I have a few pics of the tent that was in very bad shape. 13 out of the 16 plants are drinking very nicely. This is what tells me they are still alive and well. the 3 plants that are slowly drinking have lost most of their upper fan leaves but are still very much alive.

I went in tonight and fed them and while I was in there I cut off most of the dead stuff. It looks 10 times as good now as it did 6 days ago. You can see which ones lost their top fans.

A few pics

DSCN0840.JPG

DSCN0841.JPG

DSCN0842.JPG

DSCN0843.JPG

Some of them came back nicely. Thanks for the help guys. It looks like I'll be taking these at least 2 more weeks :giggle:

NoWaistedSpace

I'm Hoarding Skunk
Yes but I use the color system with the GH drops. It comes out red which usually is around a 4.0.

When I mix my nutes they are usually in the 5.0 or orange range when mixed. I then add a teaspoon of PH UP into the 3 gallons to get it to around 7.0.

I was hoping this would fix the issue but it seems it is not working. It's really giving me a hard time and forcing me to pull my plants a week early sometimes earlier if it's really bad.

The reason I wanted to switch to the coco/perlite mix is because the coco is more evenly ph'ed while the peat is more acidic. But that may not be the issue. I tried doing the runoff thing like we discussed several months ago but it only pushed the problems out a week or so further.

It has to be some kind of build-up issue like you are saying because it happens at almost the same time in every flower tent. Some plants handle it well while others, like my original Adub, hate it and die early if I don't catch it.
I never PH my Pro Mix. Been using it for over 40 years. It's already buffered as other members have said.
I will dose with lime water from time to time. Keep things simple, you are better off.
Problems usually start from the roots starving of oxygen.
24 hrs of light will kill certain microbes too.

Last edited:

Turpman

PICK YOUR OWN
Check your runoff PPM probly off the charts. Check runoff ph while you at it.
Some dont believe in checking runoff but i believe it tells you alot of whats going on in the root zone.
I try to keep my runoff around 7-800 or even lower. I feed every water. Usually around 400-500Ppm.