Stiicky's Bubble Hash Tek

stiickygreen

PICK YOUR OWN
Sittin @ about 20 days here since I did these 3 batches. I put everything on silicone trays and have had a ceiling fan gently blowing down on them the entire time.

The Triple Nova has almost dried and can be chopped up so it >can< dry.

Sugarberry is still a bit stiiicky...but it is starting to be able to be chopped some. Gonna say another week on this one.

Ditto LVTK.

They will dry out of you let 'em sit out long enough. If it's gooey...it's still wet. (and you have a higher chance of mold) FWIW....You won't see it cus it's inside the chunk....but when you break it...you'll (likely) see white stuff.

NoWaistedSpace

Grow God
I dried mine in the frig after I ran it. If it gets above 80 degrees or so, It melts and has the texture of peanut butter. This was the 1st time I ever made hash this clean. I took the time to separate the "resin" heads from the rest.
As you know, by watching French's videos, different strains have different size resin heads.
I think I got lucky and got everything right for once. lol
I never tried, but I think I am gonna try rolling some out in between parchment paper so I can get a good look at it.

stiickygreen

PICK YOUR OWN
A tale of two strains.

Triple Nova 73 mic.... drying into a "sand" consistency (if chopped enough)

DSCN1198.JPG

Sugarberry Scone 73. Not dry/still pliable. A bit of gunk in there...but close enough for (cough) rock n roll.

DSCN1196.JPG

In a week or so it will chop up like the Triple Nova. Once fully dried it can be made into temple balls/etc. or cute little animal figures... heehee

jpcyan

Master Grower
Great write up and info! I use the full screen bags. Why only have a small filtering area when you can have the whole thing and drain it so much faster. I still do it by hand or with the drill. I never use a "work" bag either, just the bucket, sometimes two. I see no point it beating a bag to death when it pours into one just as easily. I do the same with a drain attached to each bucket as well.
The first time I ever saw a "Bubble Washing Machine". I realized it was just a re-labeled portable washer. Had used one in my travels many times but it got lost along the way.
Impressive final product. Thanks for the tek and the tips! Might have to invest in a new one.

gwheels

Elite Hobbyist and Cannabis QC Tester
Site Supporter
I have 8 oz of frosty seedy space gorilla and my 5 gallon full mesh bags are here today. I have 5 gallon buckets and i will use 1 bucket as my washing machine (i am the agitator !).

The buds are cured to smokeable level and frozen in the freezer.

I have never made ice hash that worked worth a shit but i can dooo eeet. My question is after i get my hash i have all those buds that may have residual.

Do you cook those ? Or is there so little residual who cares?

and its buds. Would you bust them into 1 inch nugs? (they are bigger than that).

The trim bin did it. After i trimmed and got that gram of kief from space gorilla. Wow that tastes like the best hash i ever smoked. And it was.

Old ST1R

Insane Grower
I have 8 oz of frosty seedy space gorilla and my 5 gallon full mesh bags are here today. I have 5 gallon buckets and i will use 1 bucket as my washing machine (i am the agitator !).

I have never made ice hash that worked worth a shit but i can dooo eeet. My question is after i get my hash i have all those buds that may have residual.

and its buds. Would you bust them into 1 inch nugs? (they are bigger than that).

The trim bin did it. After i trimmed and got that gram of kief from space gorilla. Wow that tastes like the best hash i ever smoked. And it was.
I would cut it all up into pieces less than a centimeter.

gwheels

Site Supporter
Once the ice melts its all going in the magical butter machine. I got this out of it.
Wow does it smell good. I smell like a Space Gorilla too.
The 1 gallon bags would be fine for most situations. The 5 gallon bag does make it easier to use enough ice and water though.
The buds were frozen solid and just went to pea sized pieces when i lightly fluffed them into the bucket with ice and water.
The fan is blowing on it now i will chop it later. And im smoking some today for sure. Wow that was less time than pressing it all in rosin.

Its quite a bit i used a serving spoon to grab it (the blob is like 3 tablespoons)

Thanks @stiickygreen It has made a seedy batch into something exquisite and rare.

I got a blob dry and fired it up in my water pipe. Holy shit that is worth doing. AMAZING terp flavor.
DSCF2976.JPG

Last edited:

BigBallzWillie

Insane Grower

A mixing paddle for grout or drywall mud works pretty good and saves your arm. I run it twice, then it's done/compost. Good stuff, very terpy.

gwheels

Site Supporter
I used 2 buckets with holes with the bags. 1 mix bucket and one hold the water when it drains bucket.
Both of those were bubble buckets with the site tubes i used for drains (well cleaned and ready again for next grow round). It took maybe 15 to 20 minutes. It is quite amazing really.
It is very quick and the product is really quite amazing.
I have not had a lot of hash and rarely did we get good hash. This is the best hash i have ever smelled or smoked.
Space Gorilla is fantastic but i would never have know with all of those shitty tasting seeds sneaking into my doobs. Bleh. Now when that hash dries i will be able to more accurately describe how wonderful it tastes.

The bags cost 55 dollars to my door in about 12 hours. Crazy great. And i will use them again and again now.

For the hash. I have it drying with a fan blowing on it. I chopped it before i did it. Do i keep chopping it and drying it like that ?
It wont be stored long. I am pretty sure I will be hitting it hard !

Last edited:

Old ST1R

Insane Grower
I used 2 buckets with holes with the bags. 1 mix bucket and one hold the water when it drains bucket.
Both of those were bubble buckets with the site tubes i used for drains (well cleaned and ready again for next grow round). It took maybe 15 to 20 minutes. It is quite amazing really.
It is very quick and the product is really quite amazing.
I have not had a lot of hash and rarely did we get good hash. This is the best hash i have ever smelled or smoked.
Space Gorilla is fantastic but i would never have know with all of those shitty tasting seeds sneaking into my doobs. Bleh. Now when that hash dries i will be able to more accurately describe how wonderful it tastes.

The bags cost 55 dollars to my door in about 12 hours. Crazy great. And i will use them again and again now.

For the hash. I have it drying with a fan blowing on it. I chopped it before i did it. Do i keep chopping it and drying it like that ?
It wont be stored long. I am pretty sure I will be hitting it hard !
I’ve done one batch of fresh and one of dried. The hash from the dried weed dries faster than if the weed was green.

And honestly, I liked the hash from the dried product better

I bought the one gallon bags which were large enough for an oz or probably more. I got about 3 grams out of an ounce and I did three washings and discarded it after.

With my weed, the 25 and 73 were the most potent, with the 120 falling well short.

264D5F89-AAC1-4DA1-B2D6-E5BF2B3B83C7.jpeg

BigBallzWillie

Insane Grower
Yes, keep chopping and drying, if it's possible. The only batch I ran was not too choppable. I broke it down to chunks then do a taffy pull. Then the next day, chop the taffy up. No matter what you do, it's win/win ;)

stiickygreen

PICK YOUR OWN
@BigBallzWillie ....If it won't chop ....it ain't DRY. I love the gooey/taffy type stuff but the possibility for mold is really high when it's that consistency. OK....not if you smoke it up like most of yaz...LOL....but if you think "Stash hash!".....not good. Like Frenchy....if it dries fully it can THEN be warmed and made into "temple balls".

Did a HUGE run here. Everything is on the silicone trays now. I usually only run 3-4 bags per cycle. This time I did 4 cycles...one with 5 bags...the others with 7. I learned WHY I didn't do this before. Had to run the water in the bags/buckets in 2 sessions cus I kept overflowing the buckets....LOL. Then I pulled the (full mesh) bags to find them completely covered in hash.....so no wonder it wouldn't drain out....heehee. Sure could be worse......

Good show @gwheels.

gwheels

Site Supporter
To use fresh frozen buds to make hash...do you just pull fan leaves and freeze it? Then run it with ice like the dry stuff?
The dry must take longer because the material was not dry to begin with but is that the major difference? (and flavor and terps are better fresh frozen from what I have read).

stiickygreen

PICK YOUR OWN
Yup @gwheels.... I chop the stems off the plant as it's standing in it's pot and then chop the buds into bags and freeze them immediately.

When I've ran dry bud/cured buds I got hash with a more brittle/slab-like appearance from the get go. No goo,
I always run frozen....and I don't buy the hash snob malarky that leaving it in the freezer for over 24 hours screws the pooch. I freeze my trim and it stays in there until I use it. Just made almost year old bud trim into bub and it is no different than any of the first runs I did. I'd dare anyone to chief a big bowl of this and tell me freezing "ruined it". Fuck that. Go dip your plant roots in boiling water Chuckie.....LOFL.

It's gotta dry completely. I just tried to jar mine up because of the Pre-Evac for this fire and a day later 2 of them were huge blobs. I then broke it up and sat it back out on the trays... just not dry/finished.

The only downside to bub IMO is the drying time. Wish freeze-dryers weren't so expensive. In the old days I coulda justified the cost and absorbed it over time...but for personal uses these days....I just have to be patient and wait.

Fun stuff!