Stiicky's Bubble Hash Tek

Prairiefarmer

Grower of mids
My son makes amazing 5 star bubble hash,everything is done by hand.Put the wet hash out of the bags onto a micron screen,with paper towel underneath,too wick moisture away.Transfer onto parchement paper on a plate.Put it in your freezer for at least a week,it will dry.Then he microplanes it,onto the parchement.He wears gloves,you have to work quick,small amounts at a time,put it back in the freezer after a minute or two.

Last edited:

stiickygreen

Grow God
If your hash looks like that and was truly dry....it would crumble into an ear wax type consistency rather than being pliable. If it's pliable..it's still wet, IMO. Will be interesting to see what you think after the stint in the freezer.

Turpman

Insane Grower
Looks like the vacuume doesn't pull any water out at whatever my fridge freezer is temperature wise. I don't have time to play with temperatures. So I rolled it out on some oven bag plastic and its air drying. Fired some up and it does crackle a bit so it's still wet.

stiickygreen

Grow God
Like I said...I can't see how just freezing @ 0F it does anything. It will unthaw and get gooey again....showing full well..it just isn't dry.

either way...i bet it tastes mighty good...LOL.

Turpman

Insane Grower
I had the sheesh in a sealed jar with a vacuume line attached. Then run out of the freezer to a refrige vac pump. Almost pulls a perfect vaccume.
I think the way freeze drying is done is freeze and then let the temp climb while up under vaccume. Too much pissen around at this point. May revisite at a later date.

stiickygreen

Grow God
Kinda why I just let it fully air dry. It's the same product....chopped up...vacuumed...microplaned....etc.

it just needs to be dry to smoke >right<....and everyone seems to do it a bit differently.

Bodyne

Mill Foreman
My bud calls last night, my growmie hubby, and we been friends forever like 2nd grade, and he says to me, I notice something. He's a healthy ex marine mp, but with surfer attitude, etc, anyhow he's figured out that when he gets the vape carts and they ain't here yet in this state, lol, bout the 3-4 day he starts gettin migraines. I told him all that stuff on IG per the lead and shit bein found not in the oil but just in cart, not to mention how pure the oil etc is as there is no regulation over that industry right now. And then we talked bubble hash and decided flowers and bubble hash way to go. Funny thing, dude gettin him the carts is the one tried explaining squishin to him with the presses and stuff and I swear he mentioned the dude used nitrous or something, it wasn't nitrous, but I thought solvent, wished I could remember it shocked me so much, but it surprised the shit outta me, why would you need to use anything, if you squishin the goodies out? I told him quit the carts, help your ole lady with her garden Ive supplied and get used to maybe runnin out ever so often till you get schedule worked out. lmfao. He stationed in hawaii and ize in high school and he would somehow get a few bud back like ozzie, and last time besides my first time growin mexican brick out, had red orange amber and purple hairs, not meat of buds, hairs on same bud. It was very good. Ain't seen that since. sorry to ramble @stiickygreen, had to show him your bubble hash tek, he was stoked, They've made bubble before, but he's the smart one of the two, and seen yours and was like Im doin that way.

stiickygreen

Grow God
And most...if not all....of those "carts" are made with Bu-tain-ted product. Watered down....with residuals. Yum.

I know some will argue all day about this...but if you use solvents...it's IN there and yer smokin it. Not good.
I'll pass.

If I lived in that humid mess (LOL) I'd probably be heading towards pressing. I live where the humidity doesn't usually top 30% for long periods of time...and I struggle to get this shit dry here. Takes weeks. I can only imagine trying to dry that shit "in the tropics" (Midwest) @ 90% humidity levels.

I remember running out. That memory is why I've grown for almost 30 years now. Summer of '90 was brutally dry....and it set me in motion...for sure...and I've never looked back or been out of weed since...

BigBallzWillie

Master Grower
Ok...
washing machine, check
1 lub bud/trim, check
4 bags ice, check
Bubble bags, check
Buckets, hose, other paraphernalia, check
2 yr warranty just in case, check

Does the brand new washing machine have a belt? No....wtf...

trying to find your drill mixer attachment while your ice is melting.....priceless!

macsnax

Grow God
Ok...
washing machine, check
1 lub bud/trim, check
4 bags ice, check
Bubble bags, check
Buckets, hose, other paraphernalia, check
2 yr warranty just in case, check

Does the brand new washing machine have a belt? No....wtf...

trying to find your drill mixer attachment while your ice is melting.....priceless!
The clocks tickin hurry hurry, lol. I hate when this kind of stuff turns into a shit show. Nice recovery.

BigBallzWillie

Master Grower
Oh that's simple enough to do. After setting/blotting on the 25 screen I simply put a bit in a bowl, applied flame and inhaled. Got quite buzzed. Easy Peasy! lol

The balance is in the freezer right now, but I plan to dry/cure as @stiickygreen advises.

BigBallzWillie

Master Grower
Definitely some gooey stuff. I wasn't getting much joy chopping/shaving this stuff. Started doing mini taffy pulls to get it long and skinny...then it sliced up better. I'm not seeing anything looking like ear wax yet. But, it smokes nice and plays well in the portable vape, excellent high. I'm buzzin now, lol.

I'm glad I got these bags, this was worth doing.

stiickygreen

Grow God
Some strains just put out the goo. It takes forever to dry but it eventually will. The taffy pull sounds like a good idea. The goo might also have something to do with "Summer" and warmer temps while doin runs. Not sure yet. However, I did 3 runs a few days ago and a couple of the strains that normally shave off well and don't goo up...goo'd up. Warmer temps..maybe? I dunno...but that's some of the fun of it all.

Glad it was worthwhile for ya! Enjoy!