Starting seed question

High kev

Yankee seeds
Breeder
I have a bag of left over fox farm ocean forest. Can I start seeds in this or will it burn them up? Otherwise off to store to get more pro mix

Tlars88

Really Active Member
I’ve started more seeds than I can count in ocean Forrest with good results. Switched over to happy frog a little while back for seeds because it’s a little lighter on the Nutes.

If you do start seeds in ocean Forrest don’t add Nutes for at least a month. I go from a solo cup into a 1 gallon to a 3 gallon and don’t add any liquid Nutes through out pretty much the entire grow. Just recharge and a top dress going into flower.

gwheels

Hobby Farmer
I think its too hot. It can work but it is very heavily nutrifried and it can crisp up babies. I had it happen

Happy frog or potting soil is better (coco works too). Once they hit 2 or 3 nodes and you up pot out of solo cups you can mix ocean forest in the happy frog or potting soil.

18B

Master of Mayhem
Banned
I think its too hot. It can work but it is very heavily nutrifried and it can crisp up babies. I had it happen

Happy frog or potting soil is better (coco works too). Once they hit 2 or 3 nodes and you up pot out of solo cups you can mix ocean forest in the happy frog or potting soil.
Agreed